“Bring Your Own Plunger”
Review of Maple Leaf Motel

Maple Leaf Motel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I selected this motel due to all the others in town being booked, as it was foliage season. I paid about $130/night, including tax.

When the toilet backed up late at night, nobody answered the phone when calling the front desk, which is located in a separate building next to the motel units with the owner living on the second floor. Short of checking in elsewhere and sending Maple Leaf the bill, I rang their doorbell, which awakened the owner. Though he offered to fix the issue himself, I chose to do so myself with the plunger he provided. I expected, however, to receive some adjustment in what I paid for the room. However, I never heard from the motel after checking out.

Second, the bathroom was very small and had no room to put anything except for the top of the toilet. Overall, this is a very basic accommodation, and I suggest looking elsewhere even if you have to pay more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Maple Leaf Motel

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was a bare bones motel which we knew going in. It served the purpose as the price was inexpensive and we were only wanting a place to sleep. It was clean and in a good location. close to restaurants and shopping. The owner was nice. We did not find the hwy loud as other's have mentioned. Now that we know the area and the abundance of motels I think we will try another one next time. If you are just looking for a place to sleep for a night then this is fine. We want to stay longer next visit so will look for something different. The one real negative for me was that there was no dead bolt or chain lock on the door. Also make sure you bring your own shampoo and hairdryer, which wasn't a big deal as we knew that from reading other's reviews.

Room Tip: if travelling with a pet, the cabins are the only ones that are pet friendly. We didn't have ou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here for one night on our tour of New England. It is in a good location and very clean. It is on a busy road, so it is loud until late into the night. It is okay for one night stay, I probably would not stay there for more than one night because it is very bare bones. It is one of the cheapest places in North Conway, so if you are on a budget, it is okay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a cute, old motel that has been kept up nicely. It was clean and I did not notice any excessive Hwy noise in the evening. This is northern NH! Maybe my perspective is different since I lived 21 years in the NYC Metro area. We thought the owners were friendly and when we asked for ice they gave us a big container full. The fridge in the room is a big plus. I felt for the price it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HikingFoolCincinnati
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Room was dated but clean. It's on a very loud road. Close to shopping, etc. Definitely not a relaxing place.Had to ask for extra towels and pillows. Owner seemed reluctant to give. Weird I thought. He said "people steal the towels". Really? Not my problem.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel is not fancy or for someone looking for 4 or 5 stars, but it is very affordable, clean, comfortable, and has a good location. The room also included a fridge and a microwave. The owners were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I stayed in 7 and it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The room was acceptable with a mini refrigerator and microwave. However, there were no amenities -- No shampoo, no tissues, and no blow dryer, no ice machine, no coffee. Had to ask owners for ice. Felt like we were always imposing when asking for ice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Steven G, Owner at Maple Leaf Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Since you saw the room before you decided to stay here, it is questionable why you would complain about our lack of amenities. We provided you with all the ice you requested and allowed you to check-in at 10:00 AM, when our official check-in time is 1:00 PM. Also, you failed to mention the free WiFi.