“We enjoyed every minute”

White Mountain Hotel and Resort
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Beautiful secluded location and still very near to all of the North Conway attactions. Perfect location for a romantic getaway. We enjoyed sitting in the bar area Friday night (the lemon dessert was to die for) and our dinner in the main dining room Saturday night was excellent. The folks who work here made it even more enjoyable. We would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Suzan L
carolcranmore, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

What a thrill to read your wonderful comments and feedback! Thanks for taking the time. I agree that the "Frozen Lemon Dream" dessert is a winner, and it has been a staple on the dessert menu for many, many years. Guests (and staff) enjoy it very much. Thanks, Carol

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have stayed here twice with my family. The rooms are clean and comfortable-nothing grand or unusual about them. But the management tries to add special touches in decorating or flower gardens that make your stay enjoyable. They have a warm outdoor pool and a game room. The free breakfast is nice and staff are very friendly. Best of all your room looks out at woods and rocky cliffs.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank winthropian

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We think the surrounding views of Mt. Cranmore, Mt. Kearsage, and White Horse and Cathedral Ledges are pretty spectacular too! See you again next time. Regards, Carol Sullivan

Reviewed 25 July 2012

we spent 2 nights, 2 families.
we we're not impressed at all. the setting is beautiful, but the hotel is average at best and needs a lot of work. the pool area was dirty (plates from lunch still on the tables at 4 pm, crubbles from the smores of the preceding night on the tables and benches). the dining room: food expensive and not good, but HUGE portions ( what a waste). service at dinner was rude, etc.
we are not going back. we will find something else when we go back to n. conway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ap d

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your review and am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay. Regarding the pool area being dirty, I do apologize. I know that our Maintenance Staff have a regular schedule to clean the pool area, and if this was missed, I certainly do apologize. I have forwarded these comments to the Director of this department. I am also sorry to read that you did not enjoy your dining experience. The Ledges dining room and staff are typically the highlight of our guest's stay, but I can see that we did not meet your expectations, and for this I do apologize. I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage Director as well. I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that we are committed to excellence and top-notch customer service. Please feel free to call me personally if you wish to discuss or book a return visit. Regards, Carol Sullivan

Reviewed 20 July 2012

This hotel has been a true find. It is nestled away at the base of the mountain in a well cared for hotel. The thing that makes this hotel shine is the people who work here. All are pleasant, competent, and helpful. There was an information gap in our online booking and my children weren't included. In the morning I expected the usual blah-blah-blah about policy, but they simply said no problem and upped our breakfast ticket to 4 persons, Pool is awesome and OPEN ALL YEAR (walk through snow and jump in). The rooms are like most other rooms in style and size, but they are exceptionally clean. BTW- continental breakfast is with full service in the dining room. Friday and Saturday in summer- fire pit with samores boxes available.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor, parking lot view. With a huge lawn surrounding the hotel, it was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PCR_10029
carolcranmore, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments. I am certain that other guests reading will very much appreciate your honest and insightful opinions. See you next time. Carol

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This place is impressive. Yes, the walls and floors are thin. Yes, some parts are showing their age. But it doesn't matter at all. It's peaceful. It's quiet. It's situated in a gorgeous location next to a cliff, set comfortably away from the bustling main drag in North Conway. Comfortably away in this case is only 5 minutes. The grounds are nicely landscaped and immaculate. The rooms and common areas are very clean. The pool is nice. And, most notably the staff is incredible. I was especially impressed by Renee and Heidi in the dining room. This place is perfect for families or couples. The sunsets are gorgeous. The food is great. There is nothing I can find to complain about and I am trying to think of some constructive criticism I could give. What a gem.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jonmatt4nr

I am thrilled that you find our truly one of a kind location in North Conway a refreshing retreat and I appreciate your honest opinions. Our staff takes great pride in their work, and I am happy to read that they are exceeding your expectations. I will share these comments with the staff. Carol

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We spent the weekend before July 4th at this wonderful hotel. It was our first time and won't be our last. I had been concerned that it would be pretentious. On the contrary, the resort was friendly and welcoming, from the staff at the front desk to the wonderful folks in the dining room, as well as other staff, like the guy tending the fire-pit and the maid in the hallway.

The room: We were lucky enough to have a room with a mountain view, which unexpectedly allowed us to allow us to see the fireworks at Cranmore two nights in a row. The room was quiet and the beds, oh the beds were The Most Comfortable hotel beds we have been in in years!!! The AC worked, but was digital .... meaning it was either full on and freezing or not. I didn't mind the shower, but my husband found the flow restriction to be too much, and wondered how effective it was if it meant having to take longer showers. The TV was confusing as it was also connected to a VCR/DVD player which apparently trumped the tuner. We ended up not watching any TV because it wasn't worth figuring the dang thing out. No matter. We weren't there for TV. It was nice having the little fridge and the WiFi worked very well.

Dining: In a word = AWESOME! We had two dinners and two full breakfasts in the Ledge Dining room. The food at every meal was very good. The service was excellent, and the room itself was very nice. We had early seatings for both dinners which put us at a window table. It was a nice touch having the manager (Owner?) stop by and talk to us both nights. On the second night, a pianist was playing softly in the middle of the room. It was just right ... calming and not loud. Very pleasant.

Other: We didn't use the pool, but saw many others enjoying it and the hot tub as well. At night, there was a fire-pit where families roasted marshmallows, a nice touch. The signage for finding the hotel is not good, and we missed the road for it when we were first looking for it. The sign said something like "hotel entrance 50 feet", but the sign was near a little road that looked like a neighborhood and we figured the hotel driveway was further down. Nope. A better sign would be "hotel next right".

The location is perfect. This was a perfect get-away. We shall return.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor mountain view
1  Thank SueD_MA

Thank you for your glowing review. I appreciate your time and honest remarks. I will look into the A/C unit that you have mentioned. I will also look into the TV issues that you mention. I am happy to read that you loved the dining experience and we look forward to your return visit. Carol

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Very nice hotel in a beautiful location. Set in the mountains with a ledge directly behind make it an ideal setting. Great location - easy and beautiful drive to Mt. Washington and nearby sites.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
carolcranmore, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thanks for your wonderful comments and I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful location. It really is a gem to look at those stunning mountain views and the White Horse Cliff in the other direction.