“Perfect getaway,”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Rigaud, Quebec, Canada
“Perfect getaway,”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed in Room 230 for 2 nights. What an enjoyable stay we had at this quaint resort. If you are a foodie, you will not be disappointed. Everything we sampled on their menu was simply delish! What a treat it was for my husband and I. The wine list is not extensive, but you will surely find something to please your palate. The staff is more than welcoming and professional, from Beverley at the front desk to Adam who served us breakfast. This place is clean and comfortable. The only negative comments that I would add are the following; Firstly, the bathroom needs updating badly, Rusty mirror, cracked ceiling, mold under the sink rim. Secondly, the resort boast WIFI throughout the hotel. The signal is so weak that you are timed-out from most applications, so you cannot accomplish to much web wise. that being said, we are planning to return to this lovely place. The views are breathtaking. Kudos to all.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms face the pool (which tends to be noisy at night). Ask for a top floor room, thi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shirley-Ann B
Carol S, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I appreciate your honest review and thank you for the feedback. I can assure you that the items mentioned in your bathroom have already been addressed. We will also do a re-check on the wi-fi from that room, as it should work effeciently. Your feedback about the food and the staff are much appreciated as the staff always strives to exceed expectations. We hope to book your return visit soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Mendon, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was part of a wounderful trip and we stopped here It was great,, I had gotten sick and the staff was so kind to mme and my son, I was able to stay longer in my room until my ride could come and get me. Thank you all, I would love to come back soon.

Marie Savicki rm 128

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mariesvck
So sorry to read that you were ill while on tour, but happy to read
That the staff was able to accommodate you. We do hope you can return sometime
soon. Regards, Carol Sullivan
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a fantastic place to stay, had the best holiday ever here. Just returned having spent 6 nights here with two teenage sons. The staff were always helpful and courteous. The amenities were perfect, gym, pool and hot tub. Rooms were comfortable and the views fantastic. Continental breakfast was great. Perfect location for doing Mt Washington, the Saco river and the surrounding area, you do need a car if you are staying here. Didn't want to leave

Room Tip: Mountain view room have a better view than the cliff/ledge view rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eldeg R
Well I can't ask fir more than a "Perfect Holiday". I will make certain to
Forward you kind remarks to our management team.
I look forward to your return visit.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here for one night with two adults and two children - our first visit to North Conway. This warm and welcoming hotel is tucked away in an unbelievably beautiful setting next to mountains and golf course. Our room was impeccably clean and very comfortable. Meals were delicious in formal dining room with wall of windows overlooking beautifully maintained grounds. Front desk manager had great recommendations for hikes and places of interest off the beaten track. Staff was incredibly attentive and friendly. When we returned home and I discovered I had left my jewelry behind in our room (many pieces of jewelry), I contacted the hotel and they told me the housekeeper had found it and placed it securely in a safe. They ensured that it was returned safely to me via UPS. This hotel definitely went above and beyond for us. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DSmith77
ct
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at here for just one night but we will be back! This is a wonderfully friendly small hotel in North Conway- a little off the main drag in a beautiful location. Surrounded by the magnificent White Mountains it was a great place to relax. Everyone was so friendly- it is family owned and you could tell the level of care that the staff had was excellent. We have never been in a hotel that had such a friendly staff-everyone was so pleasant. The food in the restaurant was superb as well. What a lovely place to stay. We noticed a lot of families that seemed come back year after year and we could totally understand why. We even recommended it for our daughter and future husband to come on their honeymoon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bilingualteach
I truly appreciate your honest remarks. It would be our honor to host the upcoming
Honeymoon. Regards, Carol
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Went on family vacation - 2 adults and 2 teans.
Had high hopes based on trip advisor but was very disappointed.
The place is so tired and drab and outdated. With tile and carpets and bedding that old nothing feels clean and fresh. Didn't sleep well - so much noise.
This place needs to be closed down and have a complete renovation.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dabuddy
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I can assure you that
The bedding is not old and usually receives rave reviews. I have copied your comments to the
Housekeeping Manager to make certain all areas are thoroughly checked. Thanks, Carol Sullivan
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had the opportunity to visit the White Mountain Resort in North Conway, NH for a business meeting. While I did not stay in the hotel itself, the meeting facility was clean and well kept. I did eat lunch in the beautiful restaurant where most of the outside wall was all glass, to give a beautiful view of the White Mountain Valley. Food was good and wait staff was friendly.

If you have the opportunity, be sure to give it a try....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bryant A
Carol S, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your meeting
Experience and hope that next time you can stay with us.
Carol Sullivan
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
The Stonehurst Manor
The Stonehurst Manor
#4 of 25 in North Conway

Been to White Mountain Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!