“Nice”

Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Hotel was clean and nice. They had a crib ready in our room like we wanted. Receptionist was very enthusiatic and always smiling. They were also good with directions if you needed to go sightseeing. This is our second stay at this hotel. We went during bikers week in June which I wouldn't recommend to people who come with children, kind of felt we didn't belong there because the hotel was packed with them although they were nice and didn't bother us. I would come back to this hotel. The breakfast crew was on top of everything making sure everything was clean and enough food was put out for everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ana O
davenh012, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thanks for your review of a second visit to our hotel. The breakfast crew was very pleased to see your comments about their service. I sorry that the bikers-week crowd seemed overwhelming but they are a great group of guests during their annual visit. We hope t see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is our second visit to this hotel. It is located centrally on the main White Mountain highway in North Conway. Adjacent to the hotel is the Pirate Cove Mini golf course which is popular with fmailies with young children. the hotel has an indoor pool only however the rooms are suites with a large sitting area, sink, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. We had a kingsize bed on the main floor which was handy and the room was clean and comfortable. The desk staff are courteous, friendly and eager to assist in recommending restaurants and directions. although it was a few years since our last visit the lady on the desk recognized our name and greeted us with friendly conversation. On check in, they gave us each a smalll bottle of water and htey had fresh cookies on the reception desk for guests. Great breakfast, with coffee, juice, eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, danishs, toast, english muffins, cereal, oatmeal and fresh fruit. We were able to freeze our ice packs and keep cold bottled water. Overall a great place to stay with welcoming staff.

Room Tip: We prefer the ground floor where it was quiet. A higher floor (there are only 3) would give you a vi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gord I

Thank you for your review of your return visit to our North Conway hotel. I am glad to see we are continuing to provide your family with friendly and professional service. We are glad you enjoyed the mini-waters upon arrival - this heat has been a bit much this season! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Rooms and hotel were clean. Breakfast was great(big variety and complimentary). Within walking distance the outlets(approx 1 mile) and the staff was very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Rachaelstrong
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I am very pleased that you found our staff to be welcoming and friendly! They certainly appreciate being mentioned. We hope you will be able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Clean up to date accommodations. Nice location near to attractions, but not too close. Quiet well kept property. Superb management and staff. Price for rooms well worth the cost versus basic local motels. Complimentary breakfast has a little bit for everyone. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: For the little bit of extra cost the suites have more room and character.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joe P
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review about your visit. The one bedroom suites are an excellent choice for a family that likes to have lots of open space. They are very popular and we only have four of these in the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights- Thurs, Friday, and Sunday. Booked it with "Helen" on the phone a few weeks in advance and she was at the desk when we checked in. She wasn't able to get me the king suite that I wanted but we had a room with 2 double beds, a mini-fridge, and a microwave. I put our icepacks from our small cooler into the mini-fridge freezer and used the fridge for leftovers, milk, and beverages. We got 3 small waters when we checked in and there were cookies at the front desk every night too (oatmeal raisin). Our room had a desk and a small dining table and 3 chairs. I would have liked a 2nd night stand on the side near the windows but oh well. Housekeeping did a fine job of cleaning up after us and arranging my daughter's stuffed animals every day. We also tried to utilize the recycling a little bit that was in the hallway too. We were in room 101 so we did not need the elevator. It did look like the elevator was rather was small and the area outside the elevator got very crowded in the mornings when people were having breakfast and checking out etc.

It is taking me some time to write this review. This is a small hotel compared to the other chains. It has wi-fi, and indoor pool, and a breakfast. All things I want in a hotel. However, the wi-fi was a little slow at night. There were 2 of us using it in our room and it was not speedy. The pool was so small that with just 3 kids it feels full, and many times I saw 6 or 7 kids in it (not surprising) and skipped it with my daughter. We did the mini-golf instead. The one time we did use the pool it was FREEZING!! The kids were okay but all the adults were frozen.

The breakfast area is way too small. Only a few tables and with the way it is set up people are waiting in line in the middle of the area for the waffle makers while everyone else is trying to get around them. The breakfast was the exact same thing every single day (yeah, who cares) but even with good parenting going on it was chaos trying to get breakfast. Some mornings we had to eat in our room because we couldn't find an empty table. The eggs were terrible. None of us could stand them. The coffee and juices were good though. I ended up sticking with bagels and yogurt because I couldn't get to the waffle machine. My husband had more patience and a bigger appetite and did the waffles. He liked them.

As far as service goes, check in was fast, and check out was "express" (just call the desk and tell them you are gone). When I stopped by the desk to inquire about getting a specific room for a future stay though I was surprised by the lack of helpfulness. I was quoted a rate at least $30 more than what I paid for on this trip, and there was no attempt to "block" the room I wanted or tell me if it was even available. Of course it wasn't "Helen" either. Maybe I should call back now that I'm home and see if she would help me. I'm guessing the service depends on the person on the desk. I'm still on the fence whether to go back.

Oh, I checked out the exercise room. No one uses it. It has 3 machines including a treadmill. No windows or whatever.

Here's what it comes down to- you don't have a lot of choices. You can stay at one of the inns that only has an outdoor pool, no breakfast, and maybe wi-fi and maybe not and pay the same price or maybe less. You can stay at one of the big places like the Conway Grand or the Red Jacket and pay a lot more. Or you can stay here. Personally I wouldn't stay here unless I had kids. I know they have honeymoon suites or whatever, but the place really is crawling with kids who are going to StoryLand and Santa's Village (about an hour away). So if you are alone, older, or otherwise childless, skip this place.

Okay.. that's all I can think of for now. I might be back in July but I'm going to have to do some research first.

Room Tip: Next time I think I want an upper floor. We were in 101 which was on the first floor of course. No v...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RebeccaMA
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit with us in North Conway. You have covered many facets about your visit and each is important to us. We are investigating the lack of service you received by the Guest Service Agent about a future visit. This is a critical issue and will be resolved. You are absolutely correct about the numerous kids at the hotel. It is the summer season and we are a family friendly hotel - we try to encourage every parent to respect that there are other guests in the hotel. When the schools reopen in the fall you would be surprised how calm and relaxing North Conway and our hotel can be. It's a must see location for spectacular fall foliage colors! While staying with us, please let any staff member know if something isn't right - we will make every effort to correct it immediately.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our shopping spree and visit to North Conway, New Hampshire. We were promptly greeted by Bill at the front desk. He was so friendly and always smiling and cheery. As we had booked on-line all our paperwork was ready to go. Bill even let us know if we were not satisfied with our room to let him know and he would change it or fix it. We stayed in a King room suite which was quite roomy and clean (as a matter of fact the whole place is clean and tidy). Available in the room was a safe, microwave, bar fridge, bar sink, coffee maker with coffee and tea available as well as a small sitting area and flat-screen TV. Toiletries were also available (shampoo, cream rinse, body lotion, shower cap, soaps, and a make-up remover wipe). There are plenty of towels in the room (enough for 4 people). Even though there were a lot of families with young children, once in our room we did not hear a peep (and there were several staying on the same floor)!

In the morning a free hot breakfast buffet is available. All types of juices, milk, bagels, English muffins, mini-blueberry muffins, toast, jams, peanut butter, make your own waffles (plain and blueberry), oatmeal, cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit, flat sausage, french toast, hard boiled eggs, round omelet type eggs so that you can make your own breakfast sandwich on an English muffin. (I gave a rating of "5" for restaurant as the free breakfast is great...however there is no restaurant on site). There is also an indoor pool and exercise area which we did not use. We saw a lot of families using the pool which you can see when you head from the lobby to the elevators. There is a large free parking area on site also.

Barbara at the front desk was helpful when asking about the Mt. Washington auto tour. She provided us with information from how to get there to the weather and what we should wear up at the summit which drops down more than a few degrees (it snowed on June 6th up there!!!!). She even gave us a discount coupon that we used.

Tea and coffee is available 24/7 in the breakfast room as well as fresh cookies are available at the front desk. This hotel is centrally located to everything. It is near the shopping areas as well as the recreational areas. There is a mini-putt on the site with a really nice layout including huge waterfalls that is open to the public. Even though on the Friday night there were a ton of people enjoying the nice weather, once in our room we did not hear a thing.

And thank you to Bill who suggested that we freeze our freezer packs in his full size fridge downstairs so that they would be well frozen for our coolers on the trip back.

We will definitely stay at this place the next time we are in North Conway.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side (back) are probably quieter than the front as they are farther away from...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sue B
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review. Bill and Barbara are very sincere and knowledgeable about our North Conway valley. I really appreciate when someone mentions a staff member by name! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed here during a road-trip. We booked through Choice hotels by phone and knew nothing of the area. As a couple we enjoyed the king suite - but - this property is incorporated into a mini-golf facility. Lots of noise from the families having fun - just outside our window. It is a great hotel for families but not for couples who appreciate quiet. The breakfast was tasty if you don't mind children running wild. The poor breakfast employee spent her entire time trying to maintain some level of cleanliness and keep the children from touching everything. I love children just not always the parents who allow them to run wild.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudyRDH
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Oh Boy - Summer can be a cazy time in North Conway. I hope our other guests were not to bothersome - should they ever be, just let us know and we'll try our best to calm things down. If you travel to New England in the fall you've got to see our valley in full color! Oh, you'll also notice a few less children once school begins. We're a great place for families and a visit to Story Land but it can be overwhelming. Please visit us again!