“Best deal in town”
Review of School House Motel

School House Motel
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have been coming to North Conway for a couple of years. I always stay at this motel. It's clean , comfy, near Settler's Green and the prices are very reasonable. The owner is nice and she also speaks French. That's a good thing for French speaking tourists from Quebec.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My Husband and I have been traveling due to difficult circumstances, we needed a place to stay on route and found The School House Motel.
What a delight, compared to other places we have stayed on out trip, this was a breath of fresh air. The best value for your money.
The owner is friendly, helpful and easy to converse with. We were able to park in front of our room, (a godsend). The room was already cooled for us, the air-conditioner worked perfect. The internet connection was great. The room was clean and bright, with everything we needed for our overnight stay.
I would highly recommend trying to book in here if you are in the area.

Room Tip: this is a non-smoking hotel, with benches outside for smokers, all the rooms are quiet, clean and fr...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sidney1964
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I have been vacationing in North Conway for more than 30 years, and the Schoolhouse Motel is one of the nicest places we have found. The rooms are always very clean, the prices can not be beat. We prefer the privately owned and operated establishments, and the owners at the Schoolhouse always go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, that's why we keep going back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don M
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We rented a cabin room with another couple and we had a great time. The room was very clean, very affordable. Yes the beds are a bit old but the linen was clean and we had more than enough towels. The pool is great and the view is beautiful! The owners are so nice!! they are from Canada and they speak French. They are very helpful and will help you find whatever you are looking for as activities and ideas. We had Wi Fi in our room without problems and I was able to log in on my bank website and facebook to share my vacations pictures. Although we were right next to the road, with the windows closed and the AC on, we didn't hear the traffic noise and we slept peacefuly. We were there for 2 nights on a weekend and I would go again without hesitation. The only thing that would be nice would be to have coffee maker in the room instead of having to get out in your jammies to go get your first coffee in the motel office but other than that, we enjoyed our shopping weekend. We had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Last minute plans worked out great. What a wonderful family that owns this property!!! The room we stayed in was adequate a little small but really just need to shower and sleep when you in New Hampshire in the summer. The property was very clean. The pool was in the back of the motel which was a really nice difference from most of the properties in this vacation destination. I guess if I could make one suggestion to the owner is put more hooks to hang towels and bathing suits. My boys LOVED NH the location of the property was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The room was small but comfortable and clean. The owners are pleasant and helpful and knowlegable of the surrounding area - directing us to a hiking trail we couldn't find! The pool offers a quiet location for fun and relaxation with a beautiful vista of the mountains.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roz r
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Did any one else find a chlorine soaked towel on their bed after they left the hotel for a few hours??? I was unaware of the location of the pool when I arrived..but found it after coming back to the hotel with my boyfriend finding a chlorine soaked towel on one of the beds in the room. I was thoroughly disgusted that not only had someone come into our room while we were out, but that they left a dirty towel from the pool on our bed from whatever creepy thing was going on in there while we were out. I would NOT stay at this motel ever again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple