“Not impressed,but it has its strong points”

Residence Inn North Conway
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Kennebunkport,Maine
“Not impressed,but it has its strong points”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed there for three nights and the problems started when we checked in. They have spots for two people to be at the front desk. The line was not too long and moved fast,but they have two computers. When we got to our room i found two surprises in the bathroom. The toilet is oval but the seat/lid is a circle. And,there was an unidentifiable thing on the shower curtain. Otherwise the room was fine,except i could see into another room from the window. One very very very good thing about this hotel is, we called the front desk three or four times,every time the same guy came up with a smile and was always friendly, Omar. The second or third time,he gave us popcorn. Omar keep up the great work, you make me want to come back. The breakfast was NOT what i expected. The waffles were a let down. The pool looked nice but we never got a chance to go in it. The area where you get your food is in like a little alcove and there are a lot of people in there and the second morning we were there, a young man fainted. But the ladies working there handled the problem and did very well job. The EMT`s did come and he should be doing well now. The ladies at the breakfast area do a remarkable job (when nobody is fainting) and are always friendly,keep the food well stocked and are always cleaning and asking if they can clear anyone`s plates. Before we checked out the lady at the front desk asked if we were going skiing,i said we may stop by king pine on the way home. she gave us all one coupon for king pine. I forget her name.If you are on business in the North Conway area and are staying for a long time stay here. But i feel like if you are traveling with more than one kid,save money and stay at the Hampton inn across the street.

Room Tip: one of the top floors in the east hallway are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Robert S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This was our 3rd time staying at the Residence Inn in North Conway, NH. The studio suite was spotless, breakfast was excellent, afternoon cookies were divine and the staff top notch!!!! Best hotel in the area - can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: 4 th floor has best view!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PEIGUY1
Wiscasset, Maine, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My room was immaculate! The hotel is only three years old and it is being well tended. the staff were very friendly and cheerful. You are only a few blocks from Settler's Green shopping mall. I enjoyed my stay so much that I intend to go back with friends and share the experience with them.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Nicely located in the hill station North Conway of New Hampshire. It was my last minute decision as I had a change in plan from directly reaching North Conway from Boston and cancelling Maine trip. I was lucky to get a King Bed room suite, though it was pricey because of the last minute booking. However the stay for 3 nights compensated the expenses.
Beautiful location, being in the midst of mountain ranges it gives an added charm. Restaurants / stores are at walkaway distance.

Suite was very spacious and nicely decorated with arts and crafts. Paint color and light combinations suits the test.

Very comfortable beds. One sofa and few rest chairs inside.

Few Salient points :

1. Kitchen being fully equipped gives an edge over Homewood suites by Hilton, both being the same category of hotels.
2. Bed room and drawing are not separated - it was being King bed studio , I would prefer the Hilton Homewood properties as the bed room is separated .
3. Mainly Mariott has given attention to your small needs, anything you need for a comfortable stay for couple of days you would get that without asking.
4.Morning breakfast in Hilton Homewood suites have variations that is missing here in Residence Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank subratamondal
Winthrop, Maine
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed here for a girls' weekend and had a great stay! We were in a room with two queen beds and a pull out chair. We had five girls in the room and had plenty of space. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom area was nice. I liked how the sink was separate from the shower/toilet area. I was surprised that there wasn't a hairdryer. The full kitchen was spacious and well-stocked (no wine opener though). It would be a great place to stay with kids, especially if you wanted to bring food, drinks, etc. There is a microwave and cooktop, but no oven. I liked how the flat screen tv was on a swivel stand between the two queen beds. You could turn it toward the adult side of the room while the kids were sleeping. The lobby was very nice and the outdoor fire pit looked like it would be a great place to hang out and relax. The breakfast had a huge selection and it was delicious! There were three cereals, donuts, muffins, scrambled eggs (with toppings like cheese, scallions, salsa, and sour cream), home fries, sausage patties, oatmeal (with toppings too!), yogurt, granola, fruit, bagels, toast, and english muffins!!!!! The lady working in the breakfast area was very nice. She kept the food stocked and would come around and take empty plates from your tables too. We didn't get a chance to try the pool or hot tub (it closed at 9:00 and we got back late from shopping - wish it was open until 11:00). I liked the location. It was between Settlers Green Outlets and the downtown area. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jletourneau
Harvard, ma
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Ok, I am a Marriott customer who usually stays as cheaply as possible at Fairfields. What can I say, I know the beds will be great. In North Conway, I needed a different bedroom configuration as I was traveling with wife and sister. Normally I would get two rooms in this situation, but this hotel has a two bedroom-two bathroom suite. That is what I thought I was getting with "family" room -- but it turned out to be a be a suite with two beds with moderate privacy and one bath. When I explained my need to the desk clerk --- she told me that I got what I booked, but that what I was needed was available and she upgraded me even though it listed for $100 more. Beds where great, bundled breakfast was more than adequate (cold + hot (eggs+ham)). Even the coffee was good. Oh yes --- the property is about 3 years old and in great condition. I would stay again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms in the 20's are above the pool ac units.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank David B
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here as part of a 1600 mile two week trip through New England. By the time we got here we had been on the road over a week. This Residence Inn was like being home. Comfortable room complete with living room and kitchen with full fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Could easily have stayed here much longer. Good free breakfast in the morning. The staff was extremely helpful on what to see and do in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple