“Perfect!!!”

Residence Inn North Conway
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights and it was fabulous. Best hotel we ever stayed in. Breakfast was delicious, pool and spa were great, nice fireplace outside. Nice suite, fully equipped with kitchen, many special attentions. Will definetely return!

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor room and very satisfied.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manouchka
Matthew N, General Manager at Residence Inn North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for the wonderful feedback you provided in regards to your most recent stay with us. We look forward to hosting your next visit to North Conway!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have come to expect a pleasant experience whenever staying at a Residence Inn. My first time at this one in North Conway was a bit of a disappointment. School vacation week and Easter Weekend probably had something to do with it but still.... not quite as clean as I'd expect and the service was marginal. The fire alarm went off before 11 pm and we called the front desk to see what was going on and if we needed to leave and were told someone had burned popcorn. Meanwhile, a nasty plastic smell filled the place and we noticed most visitors evacuating. A bit negligent on the staff. They really should have a plan for this type of thing. We all waited outside and didn't really hear much until a fireman came over and updated us. There's an opportunity to pull out the free snacks or something here ... when we were allowed back in to the lobby, again all communication came through the fire department. Lots of kids - many whom had been sleeping, dogs, etc. who were uncomfortable. Not awful but surely not ideal.
Also, I'm a frequent Marriot guest but was offered no upgrade, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patrica C

On Saturday 4/19/2014 a resident of our hotel did cause a small fire in their kitchen that set off a full scale building fire alarm. Due to the nature of the event and working directly with the local emergency personal, guest did have to be displaced for a period of time to ensure a safe return to their guest rooms. As in any event when a fire alarm is triggered does create displeasure to our displaced guest.
In terms of guest service, room cleanliness and overall guest satisfaction of our facility ranks in the top 12% of Residence Inn by Marriott branded hotels. This number is derived from direct feedback from guest that have responded to surveys sent out directly by Marriott. We pride ourselves on service and we would like for our guest to continue to share their story’s via social media websites such as TripAdvisor.
I thank you for your impute on the guest perception as it gives us the opportunity evaluate emergency training methods and procedures.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

drove up from gloucester, ma last weekend ( march 28th, 29th). Kids were very excited upon entry to the room, and also very happy with the breakfast where they got to make their own waffles. As a marriot rewards business traveler, it was nice to see the other side of marriot, in a family friendly, fun hotel.

To all the people complaining about "to many kids" etc, thanks a lot, this is why i chose this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sam n
Matthew N, General Manager at Residence Inn North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Sam... I am glad that your family had a memorable story to share with the fellow Tripadvisor readers. We look forward to hosting your next trip to North Conway.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Residence Inns were once a business man's hotel - quiet, reserved, and mostly empty on weekends. Not the North Conway inn. It's loud, noisy, brash, and full of kids and dogs. The rooms are still very clean and comfortable, just maybe not as quiet as they once were, as the kids upstairs practice their gymnastics, or race the hallways while on a family vacation. Marriott has cut back on their afternoon "receptions", now only Monday to Wednesday at most locations, less at some. Breakfasts too have seen some cutbacks on fresh fruit and a few other items, but still one of the best included breakfast buffets on the go, usually better than most Hampton Inn. Internet was very iffy this time 'round with frequent resets. The dishes in our room could have used a good cleaning and the phone didn't work. Would I stay there again - possibly, depending on the time of year and the price. This used to be one of my favourite hotels before in was "discovered".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJ B
Matthew N, General Manager at Residence Inn North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Recent Traveler,

I thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott North Conway. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows us to continually find new and unique ways to create those moments so memorable.

North Conway is a well-known family destination as we host a number of ski resorts and adventure parks. Our larger suites, fully equipped kitchens and indoor pool does make the Residence Inn by Marriott an ideal location for families. In regards to making food offerings more limited, Residence Inn by Marriott is always testing, and implementing more variety to our rotational food offerings. This year there are hotels around the country that are piloting a new and improved Evening Social Experience due to launch this fall!!

As demands on bandwidth continue to increase we will soon be going live with our new and improved wireless program. Once we go live in mid-April you will be able to adequately stream your favorite shows while continuing to web search.

I am sorry that this most recent experience was disrupted by the guest above you. I am confident that the Residence Inn by Marriott can continue to be your most favorite hotel in North Conway.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for a belated anniversary celebration. Reserved online on the Mariott website and got a better rate than all the other discount websites. Staff was super friendly, rooms were spacious and very clean upon arrival. We called front desk at 10:30pm to help calm down a couple of rowdy guests and they were prompt to answer the call. Great amenities. We'll be back for sure !! This is our new favorite stay in North Conway !!

Room Tip: Room closest to the road probably have a better view. Road noise was not a factor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Recent Traveler,

Happy Belated Anniversary!!

I am proud and excited to share with the team your feedback in regards on how we were able to deliver both product and service that made us your new favorite stay in North Conway. Please free to reach out to use directly if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked a two-bedroom suite for two nights. Arrival and check-in were fine and without any issues. The first night there, we found out that they had not changed the sheets on our bed (it was dirty and there were socks in the sheets). In addition, the bathroom was dirty (we actually wrote "clean me" on the shelves in the dust). I called the front desk and they sent someone up to change the sheets. I asked to speak with a manager and was told that he would contact me the next day. The next day I asked again at the front desk to speak with a manager and was told that he wasn't in yet but would contact me before we checked out. I mentioned how disappointed I was with the state of our suite and wanted to speak with the manager. The front desk lady assured me that he would contact me. He never contacted me. At the minimum, I would have expected to be contacted by the manager. I would have also expected to have one of the nights charges removed. Neither of these things happened. As a long time platinum member, I have to say I have never experienced this in any other Marriott property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank SEF21
Matthew N, General Manager at Residence Inn North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear recent guest. It is my most sincere apologies that we were not able to respond to your most recent experience. I have looked into this inquire and found that I was out of town on the days of your stay and was delayed on returning to the hotel to be there on the day of your departure. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this experience in more detail. 603 356 3024… Regards Matthew Nolan

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel in the family suite with our children. Full fridge, electric cooktop, microwave, dishes. Granite countertop, table, with two queen beds. Comfortable beds. Great breakfast with the friendliest service ever!

Outside fire pit, great indoor pool with hot tub.

Very central and close to outlet shopping.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank your for your positive response in regards to your most recent stay at the Residence Inn North Conway. I look forward to sharing your experience with my team and hope to see you on your next trip to North Conway! - Matthew Nolan