“Amazing! Must go! WOW!”

Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Small eclectic cafe offering local ingredients. Something for everyone!
“Amazing! Must go! WOW!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I came across the Stairway cafe while searching for somewhere to have breakfast. This place was overall amazing! The food was delicious, pancakes were fluffy and delicious. Our waitress Amanda was full of energy and made the experience even better! It's a must go! When we go back this is definitely on our list of places to go.

• Visited May 2014

massachusetts
“Totally enjoyed our breakfast!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Decided to try this restaurant out for breakfast.......What a cute little place! The menu has GREAT selections with extensive breakfast choices. We ordered the blueberry pancakes and the Simply Scrumptious Omelet, which of course was scrumptious and perfectly cooked. The lunch choices look really good too, so we will be back for sure. Our waitress, Andrea, was attentive and friendly! I would highly recommend this place!

• Visited May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A little gem of a place”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

From the moment you walk up the stairs to this little cafe you feel welcome and firmly at home : ) The food is great and the portions are generous and the prices super reasonable. Highly recommend to anyone

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jenks84
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great breakfast in downtown North Conway”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I stayed just down the street from the Stairway Cafe so I put it on my list for breakfast since it was less than a block away and it had good reviews.

I have to say the breakfast was amazing! One of the better breakfast meals we have had in a long time and this comes from someone who is a "breakfast place" connoisseur .

First I love a breakfast place that does more than just bacon and eggs. How about some creativity? This place has it! First there is wild game sausage. Here is some of their offerings:

•Venison - Merlow Wine and Blueberries
•Elk - Port Wine and Pears
•Wild Boar - Cranberries and Shiraz
•Smoked Duck - Apple Jack Brandy
•Buffalo - Chipotle Chilies

While they may sound a little strange to some people they are delicious. Great bold flavors without any "gamey" flavor that some people might expect.

They also had things like Huevos Verdes, Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Omelet, Apple Cheddar omelet just to name a few along with all the basics if the above is a little too adventurous for some.

We had such a good breakfast that first day we went back the second day as well. Normally we like to try different places but it was too good and there were too many things that sounded good that we decided to go back.

First breakfast:
Wife - Wild Game Sausage Breakfast: Wild Boar sausage, two eggs, potatoes and toast
Me - Wild Blackstone Benedict - Venison Sausage, tomato and baby spinach, 2 poached eggs, on an English Muffin with hollandaise and potatoes.

Both tasted great and like I said above the sausage had a great bold flavor. You could tell everything was really fresh and it tasted great.

Second day breakfast
Wife - Apple `n Cheddar Omelet, potatoes, and Cranberry Focaccia bread (as a toast option) The bread was incredible! Gilled, buttery, and slightly sweet from the raisins/cranberries.
Me - Huevos Verdes - Green salsa, pinto beans, chicken jalapeno sausage, cheddar cheese, a pair of sunny side eggs on two grilled corn tortillas and topped with fresh romaine, cilantro and scallion salad, sour cream and avocado slices

Again both were great! I will dream about the Huevos Verdes! SO GOOD! Again everything was very fresh!

We were there on a quiet weekend so both times we sat right down and there were only a couple tables full while we were there. The place is very small so I can see that it would fill up in seconds on a busy weekend.

Small "complaints" :
Coffee - tasted good but a little weak...at least for us. We tend to like stronger coffee.
Wild Game Sausage Breakfast - while my wife loved it but the only issue was that it came with 1 sausage. As the name states it is the "Wild Game Sausage Breakfast" so we felt it should have come with 2 links to live up to the name.
A little pricey - not terrible, and I am willing to pay for the quality, but both bills came to $30 - $35 after tip.

The next time we are in town for a snowboard weekend we will definitely hit this place again without a doubt!

Until we meet again...I will be dreaming of you Huevos Verdes, wild game sausage, and cranberry focaccia!

• Visited April 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great find!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Stairway Cafe was a great find for breakfast. The decor was as ecletic as the menu options for breakfast. The food was great! I ordered the huevos rancheros and my husband had the eggs benedict with wild boar sausage and both were delicious! Friendly staff and reasonable prices for breakfast.

• Visited March 2014