“Great burger of the Northeast.”
Review of Black Cap Grille

Black Cap Grille
Ranked #16 of 96 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I am sorta a burger lover at heart. I had the all natural bacon chedder burger. My little one had an Angus bacon cheese burger with slaw on it. It was huge. The wifey had the steak sandwich. The fries were nice and thin. Onion rings were OK. We didn't drink, so I can't much a out that. All in all , we love to stop here for our first lunch when we hit N Conway.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

One of the best meals my wife and I had during our week stay in the White Mtns. Great menu selections, finely crafted entres, attention to details and reasonable prices. A breathe of fresh culinary air in an area were the same old is mostly available.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Called in by chance whilst shopping. Prompt service, good food and clean and tidy environment. Just too much to eat, shame we had to leave some.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had been here a couple of times before and typically left satisfied. Not this time. Hubby ordered the soup du jour which was mushroom. 1st problem was that we waited forever for it and when it finally arrived, he wasn't even 1/2 way done with it then our meals came. The soup had ZERO seasoning...tasted more like pulverized mushrooms. Same problem with his bacon/blue cheese burger. Although it was cooked perfect (med rare) the meat was not seasoned and the bacon was a bit blah. I didn't think bacon could be blah - but it was. I had the pulled pork sandwich special ($10.95) and had to toss the top bun aside because one bite or knife stab would have left a pile of breadcrumbs. I think they left it under the warmer for too long as it was incredibly crusty and dry. Pulled pork with slaw was tasty however it was luke warm/cold. Bottom bun was pretty tough to cut through. Speaking of things sitting under the warmer for too long, another person with us had a burger and you could see the edges of his lettuce had browned from being exposed too long. All of our fries were not hot - just warm. Waitress only checked in once "do you need anything?" Never got the "how are things?" And needless to say, due to the inattention, my soda glass remained empty from halfway through my meal.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had dinner with my family. I had a green salad with tenderloin - very nice piece of meat with fresh greens, delicious and fresh. Spouse had chicken with mushroom and risotto, again very nice. Kids practicaly licked their plates - kid friendly burger and Mac n cheese. Fair prices. I would absolutely return.