“Good with different touches”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Nakon Ping

Thai Nakon Ping
Ranked #30 of 94 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Barre, Vermont
“Good with different touches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I dined at Thai Nakon Ping for lunch on a Saturday. We were the only customers for much of our stay. We were greeted warmly and served by the same gentleman. I always order the Masaman curry at each Thai restaurant I visit to compare. My husband ordered the duck curry. We were first served a small salad with iceberg lettuce and some sort of creamy dressing that was was a "special for the day." This the first time I have ever received salad like this at a Thai restaurant. Our dishes came out with rice that was shaped like a heart, which was a cute touch. The Masaman was very good, but it was the first time I have ever had it with pineapple in it and it seemed to have a touch more taste of clove in it, which balanced the pineapple. The chicken was very tender. My husband reported his duck curry to be very good and the duck was also very tender. The duck slices came with the skin on, which didn't bother my husband, but was something he did not eat, but others may. The restaurant was very clean inside. The outside of the building isn't as glitsy as other restaurants in the area, but this shouldn't be a deterrent for those looking for good thai food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank vtkurlyq

Concord, New Hampshire
“Good Thai Food in North Conway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped at Thai Nakon Ping one afternoon for lunch because my wife and daughter were craving white rice and we didn't want to go to an "americanized" Chinese restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was, too. I especially liked that fact that, when you order, they ask you how spicy you want it on a scale of 1-4. Spicy level 2 was perfect for me... Hot, but not overwhelming.

We both loved the pad thai and my daughter had chicken fingers (substituting white rice for french fries) off of the kids' menu. We will definitely come here again.

• Visited February 2014
Bangkok
“Rated very good by Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I lived in Bangkok for ten years. I love Thai food and really don't like when restaurants "dumb down" their menus to accommodate America. This is not that restaurant.

A hidden gem. Truly authentic. Restaurant looks like it was decorated with artworks from Jatujak market in Bangkok. Very classy

Owner and staff were very kind and accommodating. All were 100% Thai

Food was delicious but a little overpriced. I guess that is normal.

Visited December 2013
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Just Ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Went here based off the tripadvisor reviews. Maybe it was an off night... but we went at dinner time on a Friday and nobody was in there. I ordered a stir-fry meal and the "sauce" was more like soup. The heat rating is off too. I got a 1 (least spicy) and found it very spicy. My daughter said hers was only good. On the expensive side too for what you get. Not likely to return.

• Visited December 2013
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Wonderful authentic Thai dishes. One of the best lard na (classic noodle dish) we have had outside Thailand. The spicy fried rice was unique and delicious. The service and hospitality was excellent.

• Visited September 2013