“Consistently superb ”

Vito Marcello's Italian Bistro
Ranked #16 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Italian food served in a beautiful setting with a Tuscan garden patio for ll Fresco dining (Seasonal). Great for romantic dinners or family gatherings. we offer Gluten sensitive options and vegetarian options. Full bar with hand crafted cocktails.
Brentwood, New Hampshire
“Consistently superb ”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We come up to North Conway several times a year. We ski, we hike, sometimes hit the outlets, but one thing we always do is stop by Vito Marcello's. The food is superb and the staff friendly.

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“One of the best in the valley”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We own a vacation home nearby and have been looking for a place that has a nice ambiance and fine food. This is the place. We've been coming to the area since our kids were little and the valley is full of restaurants that cater to young families and tourists. This place has a beautiful bar with a fantastic bartender who provides the most friendly environment as well as first class service. The appetizers are unique and very tasty and the meals are delicious and well prepared. The matriarch is often present and greats you as you enter. The only negative is that they charge $6 if you choose to split a meal, a real negative these days if you are trying to diet and manage your portions.

• Visited April 2014
Lisbon , Maine
“A "Veal" disappointment!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We always loved Bellini's and having not visited North Conway for quite sometime, my wife, myself and a couple of friends decided to make our Saturday evening dinner somewhat special and dine at Vito Marcello's. It was anything but.. They did a nice job of recreating the original feeling of comfort associated with Bellini's. This is where any similarity stops. Our meal started with a nice glass of wine and a after taking our meal orders our waitress bought us a basket of bread and plates for our olive oil and left. There wasn't any offering of fresh cracked pepper and neither salt or pepper shakers were present on the table. Our friend went in search of our waitress to ask for them but had to ask the hostess. I chose as my entree the market priced veal chop. It was about an 8 ounze chop cooked medium rare as requested with about a half cup of pasta and house red sauce as a side. I ended up with about 4 ounzes of edible meat the rest was all gristle and fat. This entree was priced at $38.00. My wifes veal parmigiana could not be cut with a fork and her appetizer meatball was quite frankly bland. Our friends were similary unempressed with both service and meal selections.Major improvements to this establishment will have to be apparent before I would ever consider returning!. Finally, the table beside us had two gentlemen who were seated after our party and .they ordered a couple of cocktails. One of the men order a rum drink that had, to his count, fifteen fruit flys. They tried to bring this to the attention of their server but could not find her. They waited for a few minutes and finally bought the drink up to the bar and left the building.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank brandx88
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Will not be returning”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We frequently visit North Conway and wanted to try something new so we came to this restaurant. We ordered an appetizer which was fantastic and also received a salad that was wonderful with our meals. Our waiter told us that he would be by soon to drop off some bread. We didn't receive the bread until after we got our entrees and had to ask for the bread. My husband loved his meal but once I started eating mine I realized that the eggplant parm was mushy. I tried another bite from the other side of the dish to make sure that I didn't like it. For $20 I wanted to make sure I enjoyed my meal so when our waiter returned to ask how the meal was, I told him it was mushy. He asked if I wanted to have them cook up another one or try something else on the menu. I asked if he could have them cook me another as eggplant parm is my favorite. A few minutes later he returned and said that Chef Dan said they bake the eggplant so it will come out the same next time. By this time, my husband has already finished his meal and it's nearly 9 pm so I decided to just order a salad. The salad arrived which was very good. We ordered after dinner drinks and then he returned with our check and informed us that he had to charge us for the more expensive meal... WHAT! The meal that I ate 2 bites of the main course and maybe 1/4 of the pasta they provided because THEY cooked it wrong! On top of that problem, we were seated close enough so we could hear the kitchen talking about the food being sent back. It was such an awkward situations, but at least we know now that we will not be going back. Next time we'll be going back to Horsefeathers where we know the food will be delicious and the customer service is great!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Sarah I
Boston, Massachusetts
“Middle of the road food”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The restaurant still bares the signs of former Bellini's restaurant, however only on the inside. The parking is ample behind the building. On arrival we were told that we have two couples ahead of us and we have to wait 20-30 min. That was fine except that there were like 3 tables available. Therefore we were sat in 5 min. The prices are on the high side (mid to high $20's) and many items on the menu have no price. The reason: those items are in the mid $30 range. We had chicken with penne, broccoli and chicken Parmesan. All meals come with salad and bread which were very tasty. The chicken and penne was good and the chicken parm was mediocre. Comfort food, nothing special. The beer is only in bottle and the wine selection is decent. The glass price of wine is high at $9 a pop. The desserts are beautifully presented on a platter with great choices. We had the tiramisu and it was a generous portion and very good. The service was moderately fast. The booth seats were not very comfortable. The table surface is very interesting, a sheet if copper. Conclusion: good comfort food at higher than average prices. In this price range there are better choices in the area.