Jigger Johnson campground
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$103
ComfortInn
Colonial Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$107
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$97
Residence Inn North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$117
Eastern Slope Inn(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$97
North Conway Grand Hotel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$135
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$71
Agoda.com
US$158
White Mountain Hotel and Resort(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$152
Travelocity
All reviewsswift riverclark's trading postwhite mountainsshort walkbundlekancwoodsconway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My daughter and I spent days here. Love this place. Privacy and spotless not to mention beautiful. Hiking trails nearby and a beautiful swift river with falls. Campground also has paid showers. Camp host was friendly and helpful. Town of Conwayvis nearby. One of my favorite national camp grounds!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tukibodie
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Camping at Jiggar Johnson is the place to go. My parents loved Summer time she could not wait to pack the Family to go camping. We had so much fun! We now have our own kids we followed in our parents foot steps and go camping here. (There was girl host here about a year or two that was not pleasent we stopped going for awhile.) I just got back from visiting my parents that have been camping for the last 2 weeks. I heard that there was a new camp host. While walking around I bumped into the camp host he was so nice we talked about how great this campground is. We will be coming back it seems to be more relaxed with you as a camp host. Thanks again!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly20041986
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We just got back from our second stay at Jigger Johnson campground. Both times we had lovely, spacious sites that were immaculately maintained. We found an even mix of families and young adults out for a weekend in the woods. Gary is the campground manager. Fans of nearby Hancock campground will remember him from his 10 years of friendly service there. Barbara was our other host(ess). She was kindness personified, allowing us to pay her the next day for firewood due to some VERY poor planning on our part. The hosts were highly visible throughout our stay, zipping around on golf carts, and kept us updated on various activities available nearby.

The bathrooms were the nicest I've ever found in a campground. They were cleaned at least twice a day with NO dirt, NO bugs, and NO yuck to be seen. To be honest, the shower facilities left a bit to be desired, I don't think the drainage system can handle all that water. No problem, that's why we bring our Solar Shower!

Quiet hours ARE enforced, which is nice for those of us with children. From what I heard, the hosts are very fair and only ask people to keep it down, not shut it down.

All in all, it has surpassed all the other WMNF campgrounds as our new family favorite. Now that we know Gary and Barbara are there, we will definitely go back again and again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kimberly L
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My family and other extended family have been camping at Jigger Johnson every year since 2000. I just wanted to clarify a bit about the OLDER reviews for Jigger Johnson. You can believe most if not all that was stated about the main camp host. She was every bit that has been said. All the incidents that have been mentioned happened every year. The reviews were not from the same people in one group. There was no shortage of police visits, arguing, rule breaking, reprimands...etc. Granted this was not happening every second of the day. The camping was still stellar.

As of the 2012 season, THAT host and part of her staff (some of which was her family) are no loner employed. In her defense, we did have a few minor run-ins the first year or two. In later years, there were "reminders" if we we did not adhere to certain things. BUT, all you had/have to do is obey the freakin' rules people. She was still stern, but if you got to know her, she was not an evil ogre.

That said - The campground itself is picture perfect and the most relaxing place we have ever been on vacation. Again, we have been every summer and usually October too, since 2000. We will be there going 7/27 weekend for about 9 days. We look forward to the new management. So as you can believe the BAD reviews, you can certainly believe all the good. Fantastic location and superb grounds.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marc T
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have to admit, I was pretty concerned about some of the negative reviews below. I found out that those people were all from the same group.

Jigger is a beautiful capground, with the biggest sites I've seen. The staff was friendly, and did give us a warning at 10:00 to just tone it down a bit. He even let us keep the music on. We were being a little loud for quiet hours , I'll admit it.

Showers, bathrooms, hiking trails, and close to everything.

This is what a New Hampshire capground should be.

Room Tip: Site 18 was close to the showers, and very private.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends