“Great amenities for the price!”

Eastern Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We love the Eastern Inns. The pool, hot tub, and two game rooms keep us returning with our 20 year old children. There is a great hiking/snowshoe trail, and the hotel is off the main road. It is close to the village of North Conway, multiple ski areas, the Kangamangus highway and Mt Washington. The staff gives a level of service not always seen at the chain motels. Lots of places to eat near by also. Good for any season of the year, as there is always something to do.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank BeachBum829

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We recently stayed here while skiiing in North Conway, and it was a very good value for the price. It has everything you need, everything was clean an the location is convenient to skiiing as well as a few restaurants and bars within walking distance. It is definitely KID FRIENDLY - so if you are the sort that prefers to vacation away from the sounds of young children, then stay elsewhere. However if you have kids, they will love it - arcade, pool game room etc. I've seen the comments on the dated decor, and that is accurate. Personally I don't care as long as everything is clean, comfortable and works as it should, which I found to be the case here.

Room Tip: The suites are fine for 4 people.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Steve M, General Manager at Eastern Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you and your family again during your next visit to North Conway.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The motel is adequate for the cost. The breakfast was fine and seemed to have something for everyone. Rooms were clean. The problem we had was the noise level. Children are screaming and running up and down the stairs and in the hallways and on both the first and second floors. I am actually in my bed right now at the motel writing this review because I can't sleep. It is almost 11pm.I have already been to the desk once an hour ago. Our room is on the first floor at the bottom of the stairs and close to the lobby/game room. The person at the desk told me there was nothing he could really do because he didn't know who the parents of the children (ages 10 and up I would guess) were. I suggested that maybe he go into the game room and hallways and ask them to quiet down. He did. He said to them they could be as loud as they wanted in the game room but not in the hallways.That sounded fair to me. They are still running up and down and yelling.It sounds like a bowling alley above us. My husband and I want to sleep. It's not going to happen until they go to bed.I imagine no one else is complaining because it seems as if it is all the kids who are staying here. The atmosphere is more like a campground. I brought my own kids here for years when they were little and we would never allow the running and playing tag in the hallways, certainly not screaming. There's a time and a place for everything.

Room Tip: Room 101 is noisy because people come in at all hours and go up and down the stairs. It is also in c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

It's unfortunate that parents let their kids run around so late during your stay. We do have a good hotel for families and it is rare that a situation like this occurs. Most of the time the kids are worn out and in bed early. I hope that in the future you will give us another try and we will reserve a room for you in a different location.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stay here often while in the area. It is always clean, and comfortable. Very convenient location. The hotel is older, but they keep it well maintained. It is a good value and a nice change from the chain hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mimmo_TessNH
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here at Eastern Inns, the motel is located a bit past town but still walking distance. I liked this fact that it was out of the noise and traffic of downtown North Conway.
There are hiking/cross-country ski trails, a Salon located near, nice warm indoor swimming pool and hot tub. Also included was a buffet breakfast which was delicious with many choices such as, fresh fruit, belgium waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels, coffee, juice, milk, etc. Very happy with our stay I plan to return.

Room Tip: There are two choices, rooms with one king bed, and others that are like a small suite with microwav...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawnalee
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with my family. I wanted a location near town and the other options were sold out. This location is an easy 10 minute walk to town center. It is across from Delaney's.

We stayed in a queen suite for a rate of 154.00 per night. I personally think this is more of a 100 per night hotel at best, but given the time of year, I understand. Our suite was two rooms. One room had a small kitchenette and table with two chairs, also a couch and chair (these have seen better days). In the kitchenette area, there was a counter height refrigerator and a microwave. No plates, cups, silverware, etc. There was a small flat screen tv on the wall in this area.

The other room in the unit had two queen beds with a large dresser and mirror on the opposite wall. There is an accordion door separating the two rooms. The room was a good size for my family of 3.

Breakfast is served from 7-10 downstairs. It's a little step up from continental as there is a waffle maker. I did not eat, bu my family enjoyed it. Juice, cereal, waffles, toast, coffee, bagels, and bananas were offered each day.

A few things to note: The room did not have a blow dryer, although I did see a women borrowing a small one from the front desk. The hotel does not allow food or drink in the pool area. No alcohol is allowed in any common areas. Hotel pool is opened until 11pm. This is an older hotel similar to Yankee Clipper with a much larger indoor pool and a better location to town center. This hotel appeared clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Danai G
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I am torn with this Inn. I have stayed at ONE worse place, not by choice though! It looks like an apartment building when you pull up, nice and clean appearance though. When you walk in the main door you can see right down into a basement area that is gross looking. The hallways do smell and have automatic air fresheners, the room also had a Febreeze plug in, and smelled of urine, so we thought. The pull out sofa bed is not made when you open it, which we are used to seeing it all prepared. The mattress was stained in several places, sort of brown looking and there was a bag of half eaten peanuts on it when I opened it. The fridge and micro worked, old, but worked. It just was not a great place to stay. Dark and dingy and smelly. The pool was GROSS, hot tub looked like something that came from Wal-Mart, gross as well. I took the kids in the pool against my better judgement, it felt like slime and could not smell any chemicals at all. Very poor lighting in there as well. The man at the desk was just released from prison 2 months again and was from Illinois on a work placement, however he was great, but should not tell people that! The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had a suite with 2 queens and the pull out, huge room for our family of 4. We paid 331 tax inc for 2 nights and 2 passes to Story Land, so overall, there is a decent value, but I would recommend staying at the Attitash Marketplace Motel, they have a similar suite, much cleaner, vaulted ceilings and a private deck, about the same price too, and you can use all the amenities just a short distance down the road at another one of their resorts. Much cleaner:)

Room Tip: Don't choose a room, really. Just don't. I hate to give a bad review, but it was bad. Im not...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentTraveller171
EasternInns, General Manager at Eastern Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you had a poor experience during your stay with us. As you can see from other reviews, we do work hard to provide clean comfortable accommodations. The things you experienced are not typical. I am not sure about the comment on the front desk staff member. No one here has been in prison or is even from IL? If you would ever be interested in giving us another try I am confident that you would not have the same experience.