“Great Get A Way”

Ranked #13 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great Get A Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

May husband and I stayed at the Eastern Inns for two nights and everything was perfect. The staff couldn't be more helpful. The complimentary breakfast is also great. They have a waffle maker (make your own), what a good way to start the morning. There is also cereal, toast/bagels and oatmeal along with yogurt and a choice of juices and of course plenty of coffee. The kitchen is open from 7:00 to 10:00 which gives everyone plenty of time to enjoy that extra cup of coffee.l Oh, did I mention, they keep hot coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby all day and night.

We have been going to the Eastern Inn for over 35 years and plan to continue going there for another 35 years.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ellsworth, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Every staff member I came into contact with was just great. Plenty of "hello's" and smiles and 1 offered to help my carry my breakfast tray back to the room. There are lots of fun things to do - heated pool, hot tub, game room, pool table and a small swing set. I wish we had more time to enjoy their offerings, but my 2 yo son loved the swing set :)

We checked in around 10 pm - upon entering our room I was assaulted with what smelled like cat urine (improperly defrosted freezer). I went right back to the desk and the clerk immediately slid us into a different room! No complaints - he definitely made the best of the situation for us and was very friendly as well.

Our travel party of 3 (my Mom, myself and my 2 yo) LOVED the breakfast offerings. Waffles, fresh bread & bagels, oatmeal, fresh and packaged fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice and more. The breakfast room was always clean and well stocked though I would recommend having trays on hand so in room dining was more convenient. I asked for one to bring back to the room on our last morning and after a brief search the very accommodating lady working breakfast found one for me.

The general appearance of the room was very nice. We had a suite with a bedroom and a living room. The beds were comfortable and everything looked OK until the bathroom. There was a lot of buildup on just about everything. There were streaks of I don't even want to know what on the bathroom walls. The floor and shower needed a good scrubbing and there were 15-20 dead bugs in the ceiling light covers. The entire room really needed a good top to bottom "spring cleaning".

On our 3rd and last night @ about 10:30 pm a family with 2 or 3, (sounded like 10) small children checked into the room above us. At about 10:45 pm the over whelming amount of noise made by children running back and forth woke my 2 yo up. The noise continued until midnight and promptly started back at 5 am. Santa's Village and a 4 hour ride home were just not the same with a tired and cranky 2 yo. One would think it was standard procedure NOT to put small children on the 2nd floor for their own safety and the sanity of those below them. The exact reason I requested a 1st floor room when I made my reservation.

Had it not been for the grungy bathroom & the 3rd night misfortune I would have given a 5 star rating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charity C
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Eastern Inn for 3 nights. No complaints!!
They have a pool, hot tub, arcade games for kids, game room with TV and Netflix. Breakfast is very good and love the facyt that they have waffle maker. It becomes so easy to make your own waffles.
I also love the fact that it is lil off the main street and inside so there is no vehicle noise or anything. Loved our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hima S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went with my family and spend a night, very good many ammenities including the indoor pool, in the morning hot breakfast. Very close to the White Mountains and shopping areas. Definitly I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Neftali M
Georgetown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nice and clean place. Great people and great location. The beds are hard as rocks though, but that's the only negative. The pool was warm and clean and the hot tub was great. Will definitely stay there again with the kids.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lynxtrail2
Swansea, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is our 5th or 6th time staying here and they have definitely got the nicest most accommodating staff! The place is simple no frills lodging just outside of downtown North Conway with easy rides to all major ski areas on the outlets (my wife doesn't ski). The only reason for 4/5 on cleanliness and rooms are they are outdated and they use a very song cleanser which can be overpowering to some. Otherwise it's very reasonably priced and the pool area is great for three kids. Continental+ breakfast is included (they have a waffle maker!!) We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Stephen P
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We love the Eastern Inns. The pool, hot tub, and two game rooms keep us returning with our 20 year old children. There is a great hiking/snowshoe trail, and the hotel is off the main road. It is close to the village of North Conway, multiple ski areas, the Kangamangus highway and Mt Washington. The staff gives a level of service not always seen at the chain motels. Lots of places to eat near by also. Good for any season of the year, as there is always something to do.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank BeachBum829