“Didnt meet our expectations unfortunately..”

and 1 more site!
The Stonehurst Manor
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Manor arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning. The location is great... right down the street from downtown and many shops and activities. The Manor itself was gorgeous and decorated nicely for the season. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the mountainview rooms next to the Manor. The room was a decent size and nice for the price. Our stay included breakfast and dinner, which we were very excited about, but unfortunately, we were somewhat disappointed.

We made reservations for Friday night at 6:30PM. The dining room was quiet and the waitress was very nice. (I wish I knew her name to give her a good review.) She was very personable and encouraged certain food choices. I got the chicken piccatta which I had never tried before and it was very good; my boyfriend got the lamb which he loved. However, the next few meals were not as pleasant. Saturday morning we sat ourself for breakfast and waited to be greeted. The waitress took our orders fifty minutes before the food actually came. The people at the table next to us sat down right after us.. ate and were getting up when we got our food. It wasnt too busy (I work in a restaurant and believe me I know busy). There was three tables sitting in addition to us. We were upset but figured it was an off morning.

Dinner was a little better. The waitress was attentive. We both got the Prime Rib which was extremely fatty. We could only eat about 1/4th of it. I was thankful it was included with our stay because I would not have paid $60 dollars for two inches of steak. The next morning we again waited 45 minutes for our food after we ordered it. The waitress was very nice and apologized multiple times for the wait. There was not enough waitresses for the amount of tables seated and they had to bus the empty tables as well. The seat your self idea must be changed to avoid many parties sitting at the same time and overwhelming the waitresses and the kitchen. I really encourage management to rethink the order of the restaurant. I understand food is included in the stay but that is no excuse to settle for a 45 minute wait for cold eggs and toast. I hope that this was just an off weekend for the Manor because it is a nice place that is just in need of some minor changes.

1  Thank Jen512512
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We would be happy to talk with you if you would like to give us a call.

There are newer reviews for The Stonehurst Manor

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have never seen a more beautiful home!! The manor was gorgeous, the fireplace was spectacular, the food was wonderful and our room with the fireplace and Jacuzzi was very quaint and relaxing. Just what we needed!!!

1  Thank 19cheryl66
Manor3351, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and have been on several occasions and always made to feel like coming to our 2nd home! Wonderful people, great atmosphere, awesome beef Wellington (ask the Chef earlier to make the traditional version - so worth it)! Look forward to seeing them this summer! Oh yeah, wicked Martini's! If I had to "critique" one thing, it would be to update the beds... I love to sleep!

Room Tip: Any - check their website and choose for yourself.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Go_Megg

Thank you! We are always honored that you feel at home with us. We appreciate it very much and always look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Each winter we find ourselves returning to the Stonehurst Manor to enjoy winter activities like cross country skiing. We love the dinner menu at the Stonehurst and the new chef did not disappoint us. In fact we had our best meal yet when the chef prepared a seafood special. Love the decor and the woodwork in the manor.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank bdweave02
Manor3351, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you. We are delighted to hear that your recent visit was just as memorable as the one's past. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Stonehurst Manor and it was Amazing! From the initial booking (which they really helped to make this a surprise for my husband) to check-out, couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience.
Room was great, food was out of this world, and all of the employees were super friendly!
We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We got the room with both a fireplace and jacuzzi - best choice,,,especially in the winter.
2  Thank Vicki B

Thank you!!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Great architecture, history, rooms, amenities, food, prime location for nature, outdoor sports, shopping, restaurants and friendly staff. Also great value with meals included and beautiful mountain views.

-Heather Cowen and Brad Doyle

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Paddlin

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent visit. We certainly enjoyed having you with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

My husband and I have spent many wonderful vacations at Stonehurst Manor over a 5 year period. The accomodations in the main manor, the service and the food were excellent. However over the past three years, when trying to re-create our favourable experiences with the Manor's lovely restaurant, we attended the Manor's Thursday, two for one special dinner package. I'm sad to say that our three experiences over the past three years have been very disappointing. The quality of the service and the food has severely deteriorated. Our most recent experience in December of 2012 left us never wanting to return. The waiter was unprofessional and the food was terrible. The calamari was cold and rubbery and when I mentioned this to the waiter, his response was "sorry". No suggestion was made to bring me a fresh plate of it or to take it off our bill. My salad, which was supposed to be an entree, was "salad from a bag" and not fresh. I have had much better salads at Delaney's and other local pubs. My husband's beef tenderloin was mediocre. I do hope that the Manor's food improves back to it's earlier 5-star quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elaine S
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent visit to the Manor. We are sorry that your visit did not meet your expectations. Please give us a call at your convenience to discuss this matter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Conway
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Residence Inn North Conway
Residence Inn North Conway
#2 of 25 in North Conway

Been to The Stonehurst Manor? Share your experiences!