My boyfriend and I stayed at the Manor arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning. The location is great... right down the street from downtown and many shops and activities. The Manor itself was gorgeous and decorated nicely for the season. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the mountainview rooms next to the Manor. The room was a decent size and nice for the price. Our stay included breakfast and dinner, which we were very excited about, but unfortunately, we were somewhat disappointed.
We made reservations for Friday night at 6:30PM. The dining room was quiet and the waitress was very nice. (I wish I knew her name to give her a good review.) She was very personable and encouraged certain food choices. I got the chicken piccatta which I had never tried before and it was very good; my boyfriend got the lamb which he loved. However, the next few meals were not as pleasant. Saturday morning we sat ourself for breakfast and waited to be greeted. The waitress took our orders fifty minutes before the food actually came. The people at the table next to us sat down right after us.. ate and were getting up when we got our food. It wasnt too busy (I work in a restaurant and believe me I know busy). There was three tables sitting in addition to us. We were upset but figured it was an off morning.
Dinner was a little better. The waitress was attentive. We both got the Prime Rib which was extremely fatty. We could only eat about 1/4th of it. I was thankful it was included with our stay because I would not have paid $60 dollars for two inches of steak. The next morning we again waited 45 minutes for our food after we ordered it. The waitress was very nice and apologized multiple times for the wait. There was not enough waitresses for the amount of tables seated and they had to bus the empty tables as well. The seat your self idea must be changed to avoid many parties sitting at the same time and overwhelming the waitresses and the kitchen. I really encourage management to rethink the order of the restaurant. I understand food is included in the stay but that is no excuse to settle for a 45 minute wait for cold eggs and toast. I hope that this was just an off weekend for the Manor because it is a nice place that is just in need of some minor changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE dinner and breakfast at the Stonehurst Manor, a turn-of-the-century mansion located on 33 private acres just one mile north of North Conway, New Hampshire where you'll experience the "best" getaways that Mt. Washington Valley and the White Mountains have to offer. Romantic guestrooms and suites(many with mountain views, Jacuzzis and wood-burning fireplaces), a popular gourmet restaurant, a Library Lounge with a huge fieldstone fireplace and artisan-carved oak paneling gourmet restaurant serving New England cuisine and Italian specialties featuring Manor-made fresh pasta, wood-fired oven baked artisan bread and signature sourdough pizzas. We are also pet friendly! Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub, tennis and doorstep access to trail network for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Conveniently located to area activities including tax-free shopping, skiing, fly fishing, hiking, biking, zip lines, and climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Stonehurst Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway