I found this Hotel when looking for a romantic weekend away with my girlfriend where we could also bring our 2 dogs ( a golden retriever and lab/swiss mountain mix). We have traveled to North Conway many times together, but hate having to leave the dogs home. Stonehurst was more than accommodating and the dogs loved the room and hiking trails right off the back. We elected to forgo dinner night one and just grab a pizza at the bar and an appetizer which they graciously gave us the dinner credit towards. The next day breakfast was amazing and dinner was unbelievable as well (included in booking price). We hiked each day and found it very easy to navigate the trails and also end up on the "main drag" near some great restaurants and shops.
My only complaint is that Stonehurst does not take credit card deposits for the rooms. They ask to mail a check. I had one check returned and a second did not make it there... I finally just left a CC number and it was used for the stay as it was so close to the stay. I was told they don't like CC reservations as people can cancel last minute and dispute the charge, but I wonder how other inn's and hotel's deal with this issue as I feel it would be common across the board and this is the only place that has ever asked for a check.
Other than this mild inconvenience the rooms, food, setting, and location are unbeatable and I will be sue to be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE dinner and breakfast at the Stonehurst Manor, a turn-of-the-century mansion located on 33 private acres just one mile north of North Conway, New Hampshire where you'll experience the "best" getaways that Mt. Washington Valley and the White Mountains have to offer. Romantic guestrooms and suites(many with mountain views, Jacuzzis and wood-burning fireplaces), a popular gourmet restaurant, a Library Lounge with a huge fieldstone fireplace and artisan-carved oak paneling gourmet restaurant serving New England cuisine and Italian specialties featuring Manor-made fresh pasta, wood-fired oven baked artisan bread and signature sourdough pizzas. We are also pet friendly! Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub, tennis and doorstep access to trail network for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Conveniently located to area activities including tax-free shopping, skiing, fly fishing, hiking, biking, zip lines, and climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Stonehurst Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway