“Great Get-a-way, Great Price!”

White Trellis Motel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Marc du lac long, Canada
“Great Get-a-way, Great Price!”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

If you're looking for a great place to stay at a reasonable price (unlike to big named hotels), this is it! Only minutes from North Conway Village, fabulous restaurants & shopping. Very quaint, comfortable and CLEAN! I will be back in two weeks to finish up my holiday shopping and I've already made my reservations to stay here. Owners extreemly helpful and even had a late night coffee with the them under the stars in adirondack chairs! Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank clhunter1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Valley Village, CA
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We were staying at very pricey local property were the wedding place (poor coordination of wedding and dinner) would be held. First of all, was size of the rooms. Some rooms incredibly small. My father was in the hospital (10 days) and I would need a cheap/clean/close place to stay while he recovered.

White Trellis Motel was close to the hospital, clean, and she gave me a generous discount during their busy leaf season. The rooms are very 1950's looking but "Mary" and her staff were great. I slept better there than the other hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula G
Halifax
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Motel was clean and price was reasonable - we were in North Conway shopping - not looking for luxury accomodations so was great for us. Would definitely stay there again. Owner was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Theresa M
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The room was very clean and comfortable. Great stay with sweet owners with wonderful views. We enjoyed a lot and would like to stay there again. This summer we saw Sunflowers blooming in White Trellis,which cheered us up just like her smile! Can't wait to stay there again for skiing...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anaka_11
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This hotel wasd cheap enough.and the owner was nice.I just didn't know the price would include 2 beds full of bed bugs! Thank god I happened to check!we stayed in room 5.the owner was understanding and gave us a refund.the room clearly had not been thoroughly cleaned in a long time.

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank boombarts
2MH, Owner at White Trellis Motel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
We appreciate your review. Actually, we noticed this problem this summer for the first time, so we replaced to new beds & put t bug protectors on the mattress + boxes & treated it professionally. Again we called Terminix on 10/24, & they will treat it on 10/27/11. Thankfully, the busy season was over, so we'll close not only this room but also the entire building & take care of it hopefully completely this time. Terminix will treat their service quaterly a year from now on. This was built very well used by real knotty pine wood, because original owner, Robert Lucy's father owned Lumber Company & Mt. Moat. We recently replaced the heating system throughout the motel with more -efficient equipment (called Buderus & Government approved project). When we hooked it up to the city sewer in 2006, Water Precinct was impressed on our plumbing conditions in the full basement.. So, it's not cheap & we're proud of its history & being a landmark of North Conway. After Bob passed away in 2007 holding my hand, we inherited his spirit & have been making our efforts to reach our goal; make our guests feel enjoyable & comfortable with heart-to-heart service & we'd like them to bring happiness & fond memories back home. We feel truly sorry for your inconvenience & thank you for giving us a chance to re-think our management style during the slow season. We'd like to listen to our guests carefully & to reply to their needs as much a possible. This year we found the best & most efficient housekeeping & maintenance staff who can even create his own hand-made furniture with real wood (You can see them in some rooms). Please do not worry about our challenging ongoing problems for the hoteliers. We will fix them all asap:-) !---The owners

Travellers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Baker City, OR
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this motel last night and it was one of the greatest experiences of my motel stays in my 40 years. The owner was great in accommodating our stay even though we didn't have a reservation. The WIFI worked great in our room and downstairs in the lobby without any difficulty at all. We never lost the signal at any time. The rate was very reasonably in comparison to the other places in the area. The cost was a third less than other comparable motels. The rooms were clean and the coffee and banana bread was great. The owners personality was worth the stay itself. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to all my friends,

Room Tip: Choose this place and you won't go wrong.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ajschmeits
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I must say White Trellis made our trip to North Conway and White Mountains even better than we could have hoped for. The motel was very comfortable and convenient to explore White Mountain National Forest to see autumn leaves. The owner was very friendly, kind and helpful. Her banana bread was superb. We stayed in Room #8 (1 queen + 1 twin) for 2 nights. The room was tidy and had enough space to stay with my wife and 3 year old kid. Free WiFi is available in the lobby. I could also use my laptop in my room because it is adjacent to the lobby. All in all, the motel was a nice place to stay. It wasn't the most spectacular bed & breakfast hotel I've ever stayed in, but again, the owner is what really makes this motel great. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family