“Not our cup of tea”

Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Ottawa
“Not our cup of tea”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I don't like writing a bad review, but this was one of our worst places we've ever stayed.
Upon our arrival, there was no one around the front desk and all we could here was someone being very sick to their stomach. We really should have left when we heard this, but then a really sweet woman came around and checked us into our room. She was very kind and even provided us with a few protein bars when she learned we in the area to hike. Because there wasn't many people staying here, she upgraded our room...I cannot imagine what the other rooms looked like.
The room wasn't the cleanest, and it's very dated. Mold in the bathroom, and the shower curtain smelled horrible. Thankfully we had our sleeping bags and used those to sleep on. The beds were not very comfortable. While staying here, keep in mind you are located on a buy highway...so traffic all night. If you decide to stay here, bring bedding, and bathroom supplies....and earplugs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShoppingBound

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The room: campy and average.

The purpose of our trip was to hang out as a family (all adults: myself, husband, and 4 in-laws) and not break the bank while doing it. The rooms were affordable and we were able to get a small suite (sharing a bathroom). The key word here is small. If you bring a lot of stuff with you, you might want to find a different place to stay. But, it was clean (a tad outdated, but that's part of the campy motel fun!), and our room (I think it was 14?) had a mini-fridge so we could store our leftovers and picnic supplies.

The other issue was that since we were not intending to go out a whole lot, we ended up wanting more space at the motel where we could just chill. There wasn't enough room in any of our rooms for all 6 of us to hang and chat before bed, so we ended up in the common room. It's got 2 pianos, an old sinky couch, some dusty books and sheet music, and a Gorton's fisherman-style Santa Claus dressed in a sweater. I felt like I was in an Indie movie about people on a vacation at a weird motel.

So, all in all, pleasant memories were made (and I got to play some piano!), but if you're looking for the finest accommodations North Conway has to offer, this might not be it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Coco W
Rye, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I like to head out to North Conway to go skiing on a whim. I've stayed at the White Trellis before--as well as a few other places in the area. I'm always impressed by the personal and friendly service at the WT. Last weekend, it was near the end of the afternoon and I'd been up at Great Glen. Even though it was vacation week, the owner went out of her way to accommodate me. It's always great to stay at this little place...very homey and familiar. Great giveaways and energy snacks at the counter. Hmm...looks like snow this weekend. On my way!

Room Tip: Not every room has wi-fi...be sure to ask if you need it.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Illumino062
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Motel owner was very accommodating and did her very best to make sure that we were comfortable and taken care of. During the week of our stay, she often went above and beyond to help us out when we needed it, the type of service you wouldn't find at a bigger box hotel/motel.

Great value for the location and accommodation. Comfy rooms with everything you need. You'll also be staying with one of the coolest motel owners who does all of her own heavy lifting.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank hooksnnooks
Shelburne, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The staff is very helpful and the room was great. I have visited N. Conway many times in the past and this is by far the best hotel in the area and I woud definitely stay there again. The location is convenient to all the attractions and the room was very clean. Despite being right next to Route 16 it was quite quiet and comfortable. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking to stay in the N. Conway area. FIve Stars!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeremy S
Rowley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Our room was warm and ready for us in time for our 1pm Thanksgiving Day arrival. The hostess, Mary, was very friendly and welcoming. While the decor; wallpaper, curtains, & carpets are a bit dated, everything was clean and comfortable. It was very quiet, day and night, despite being so close to the main road through North Conway and points north. And very convenient to North Conway and the greater Mount Washington Valley. This would be a great place to stay during ski season, during kayak/tubing on the Saco season, leaf peeping season, springtime, anytime!
I will be bringing my 2 teenagers up to White Trellis for sure. Thank you!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom unit is on the north end of the building. The main room with the door to the outside h...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MotherNature13
Reviewed 19 October 2012

we stayed here in 9 october,I checked out to go white mountain in hurry so forgot my bay with my passport in room.i phone and asked for help,the very nice owner found the bag and kept for me till we finished roundtrip.when we came back,nice owner very kind to us even let us use her private microwave oven to cook noodles,very kindly owner.I will back if we have chance to USA next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family