“Nasty room 213...nice front desk staff”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Milford, Massachusetts
“Nasty room 213...nice front desk staff”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My girlfriend and I were staying in North Conway for a ski trip and arrived at the hotel around 3pm on Friday, 1/18 and were seen right away. We were given 2 keys and easy directions to the room. The front desk staff was very helpful. After getting to the room, we found the room was freezing and the heater in the room made the room smell like something was burning. Aside from that, the rest of the room was out dated, but appeared clean for the most part. We left shortly after that for dinner. When we arrived back to the room after dinner to settle in for the night, my girlfriend went to open one of the towels in the bathroom and found it was dirty. There were dark yellow and brown spots on the towel, as well as pubic hair. She opened the second towel, and found that towel to have more pubic hair and crusty fecal matter all over the towel. I walked all of our towels downstairs to the front desk and the two women there gave me all new freshly washed towels. They saw what was on the towels and said that it was both disgusting and unacceptable. They ended up giving us a $10 gift certificate to the Applebees that was next door to the hotel. Upon returning to the room, my girlfriend was opening the bed and upon looking at the sheets, we found a large, dried, yellow stain on the sheets, as well as more pubic hair everywhere. After seeing this, we decided to check the rest of the blankets. The maroon microfiber blanket on the bed ended up having "other" dried out bodily fluids on it. I also ended up bringing all of this downstairs to the two women at the front desk. They were appalled with what I had shown them. They opended brand new bags of sheets and blankets to take to our room personally. For the rest of our three days there, we did not allow housekeeping into our room, however I must say that we also never once saw housekeeping in the halls or anywhere else in the hotel our entire stay there. The hotel also had an indoor heated pool and hot tub. We decided to go check it out our second night there, and when we went down the pool was cold and murky and the hot tub was murky, smelled off, and the jets did not work. We spoke to the two women at the front desk when we were checking out. They took down my information, including an email address, and had informed us that they were writing a letter to the owners of the hotel to tell them of the horrible state of the room that we stayed in. She was trying to see if we could possibly get a refund of some sort. We had been informed of the weekend the owners would be at the hotel and that we should expect communication from them shortly there after. It has been almost three weeks since we left, and a week since the owners were there and we have still received no communication. Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again. The room was disgusting, however the front desk staff made our stay as bearable as they could.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orleans
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I reserved a room here last Saturday for me & my daughters on a 1st family in
vacation,walking into the lobby it was freezing cold because the pipes had burst, there was no warning or explanation of this! The door we were told to go into was unlocked no security, i have 2 children! the room was terrible! Small TV with few channels, bathroom dirty, sink hadn't been whipped down, gunk on walls beside toilet, shower gross, heat was on for half hour and the room didn't heat up. It took 10 mins for my daughter to have a severe allergic reaction! Not to mention our view was dq dumpster! Walking outside of my room every time was followed by a creepy foreigner that barely spoke. English asking what we were doing! You know how when your a child you want to explore the place ho swimming and such. They were so uncomfortable they didn't.want to.leave the room. The pool was a dump from a horror movie, cement old and unsafe for small kids feet, pool cover was thrown to the side unsafe for children walking around, old broken lawn chairs piled up in corners the promised arcade was behind the pool In a cement room which had the dumpster and dirry linens in it and contained 2 old crappy pin ball machines! The pool area and halls were freezing cold the lobby was torn apart. The women was 'kind.enough' to show us different rooms but after being followed by the creepy guy and the pool/environment and my daughter having a allergic reaction we were told by the women at the front desk if we left we could receive a refund thru the booking.agency, sounds great right? When I left and.called the booking agency they called the motel and the women refused to give a refund!!! We were there for no more then a half hour and never even brought in our stuff!! I was in tears, I was so distraught! Our vacation was amazing til this women ruined our trip! This place was such a dump I couldn't reccomend it to a animal shelrer. I don't know why the board of health hasn't shut them down! If I could give it all zeros I would

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank catieg1623

Travellers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Comfy place. Hot tub and a pool was a nice surprise. Yes, room was basic and dated, but it was clean. Great homebase for a skiing adventure. ------------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rothschild86
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We were suppose to originally stay here for Thanksgiving of 2012. Upon arrival we found the hallways to be freezing and the pool area very dark. When we checked the room we thought that we were transported to the 1950s. The bathroom toilet, shower and vanity were a puke green color. The mattresses were seriously from the 50s! I must say that we had made a reservation and were suppose to have a 48 hour cancellation, however the manager that was called said that we could cancel without having to pay anything. We will try again when the hotel is brought into the 2000s.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shawn S
Shubenacadie
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had found a coupon in our hotel coupon book for this hotel and called ahead to see if they were pet friendly, as we had our two dogs with us. She said they were, and there was a $10 up charge for the pets. When we arrived, the manager who was at the front desk informed us we also had to leave a $50 deposit on top of the fees to have the dogs there. We paid it in cash and received a receipt for the $50 cash.
The rooms were smelly, the pool was disgusting and smeeled as if it had never been cleaned and the 'continental' breakfast was pretty much toast, coffee and powdered whitener.
the kicker was when we checked out and handed in our receipt for return of our deposit. The lady at the desk said she onlyhad $40 in her cash drawer when she came in so we only gave her $40! I told her we had counted it , as the manager would have done, and received the receipt for $50. she said he 'wouldn't have counted it. When I explained that wasn't any fault of mine she started raidsing her voice to me and saying if there's only $40 there, that's all I get back! I told her the receipt was as good as a legal document. She called the manager and he arrived and said he didn't coulnt it but there must have only been $40 there. i reminded him it was HIS responsibility to count it as we had and he then said 'Well you didn't tell me you had 2 dogs", as if that was the reason they were $10 short! I was livid and told him we absoloutely did, as we do EVERYWHERE. As responsible pet owners, we never begrudge the fees charged to allow them to stay , and to say otherwise was saying I was dishonest.
when I suggest we call the police in to clarify my receipt was a confirmed document, they gave me the $50 back. It was HORRIBLE. $10 is not a great amount, but it was principle, as they were trying to get away with short changing me. It was VERY dishonest of them and they were sleazy about the whole thing. DON'T STAY THERE!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Donica P
New London, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I just returned from a visit to North Conway and stayed at the Mt. Washington Valley Inn. The location was great but that's as far as it goes. The place is in desperate need of an update and some TLC...paint, new screens for the windows, furniture and bathrooms. We will visit North Conway again but will choose another place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kammy_nl
Boston, MA
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The staff was nice and friendly- that and the location were the only good things about it. The bathroom looked like it was from the Brady Bunch years, and had a dead bug on the floor when we arrived. There was no iron in the room and the window was duct taped at the bottom. It was also really concerning that the doors from the outside parking lot never locked- there should have been a way to enter only with a key. We didn't even want to try our luck for the breakfast considering the way we felt the night before. Needless to say, we will not be returning!

Room Tip: There probably is no good one!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple