My girlfriend and I were staying in North Conway for a ski trip and arrived at the hotel around 3pm on Friday, 1/18 and were seen right away. We were given 2 keys and easy directions to the room. The front desk staff was very helpful. After getting to the room, we found the room was freezing and the heater in the room made the room smell like something was burning. Aside from that, the rest of the room was out dated, but appeared clean for the most part. We left shortly after that for dinner. When we arrived back to the room after dinner to settle in for the night, my girlfriend went to open one of the towels in the bathroom and found it was dirty. There were dark yellow and brown spots on the towel, as well as pubic hair. She opened the second towel, and found that towel to have more pubic hair and crusty fecal matter all over the towel. I walked all of our towels downstairs to the front desk and the two women there gave me all new freshly washed towels. They saw what was on the towels and said that it was both disgusting and unacceptable. They ended up giving us a $10 gift certificate to the Applebees that was next door to the hotel. Upon returning to the room, my girlfriend was opening the bed and upon looking at the sheets, we found a large, dried, yellow stain on the sheets, as well as more pubic hair everywhere. After seeing this, we decided to check the rest of the blankets. The maroon microfiber blanket on the bed ended up having "other" dried out bodily fluids on it. I also ended up bringing all of this downstairs to the two women at the front desk. They were appalled with what I had shown them. They opended brand new bags of sheets and blankets to take to our room personally. For the rest of our three days there, we did not allow housekeeping into our room, however I must say that we also never once saw housekeeping in the halls or anywhere else in the hotel our entire stay there. The hotel also had an indoor heated pool and hot tub. We decided to go check it out our second night there, and when we went down the pool was cold and murky and the hot tub was murky, smelled off, and the jets did not work. We spoke to the two women at the front desk when we were checking out. They took down my information, including an email address, and had informed us that they were writing a letter to the owners of the hotel to tell them of the horrible state of the room that we stayed in. She was trying to see if we could possibly get a refund of some sort. We had been informed of the weekend the owners would be at the hotel and that we should expect communication from them shortly there after. It has been almost three weeks since we left, and a week since the owners were there and we have still received no communication. Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again. The room was disgusting, however the front desk staff made our stay as bearable as they could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of North Conway and the Shopping Outlets. The Quality Inn offers clean, comfortable and quality rooms at affordable prices. Right next door to Settlers Green and within a few minutes of all local restaurants, major attractions and ski areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Washington Valley Hotel North Conway
- Mount Washington Valley Motel
- Mount Washington Valley Inn