“Not worth the money for the stay.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
“Not worth the money for the stay.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Rooms just average. Ad says jacuzzi and heated pool. There is no jacuzzi. And the pool is not heated. I asked at desk and they said no more jacuzzi and oh? The pool isn't heated? They said they would check. Can hear every footstep from room above me.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Croozer2dc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
montreal
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Arrived in North Conway and checked into this place as it was close shopping plaza and had a coupon for a walking stay of 70.00 dollars...well where do I begin... Room hade this musty smell that would not go away and i found a hair on my pillow, place is really run down and outdated. continental breakfast is below average..started to get paranoid about going to bed.. At least the room was clean and no sighn of intruders.Well next time I will shop around for a better place, also I should have read the comments on trip advisor, the were really bad reviews...there seems to be no security here, front desk closed at 9.30pm front doors locked no personnel around side door open to anyone,very noisy ..what can I say I won't come back...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teller27ca

Travellers are raving about these North Conway hotels

milton, vt
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I called a week ahead and reserved a family suite. When we arrived, they gave us a king w/ Jacuzzi. The remote for the TV did not work at all, and there was no way to change channels on the TV itself. There is no front desk staff after about 9:30 pm (we arrived just before that), so we had no TV for the night. Granted, not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to chill out with a show or two after a long drive. The continental breakfast was a joke. Terrible waffles, cheap bread for toast, and some of the worst coffee I've had before. The indoor pool was too cold to swim in and located in a building that has definitely seen better days. In general, you get the impression that the hotel is not well-maintained and the owners are more concerned with saving money than ensuring their guests have a good experience.
On the positive side: the room was clean. The sheets and shower were particularly clean, which was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vermonter212
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip and had ridden from Bar Harbor on a Sunday. By the time we rolled into North Conway, we just pulled into the first motel we saw. Our room was one king bed for $59. Surprisingly, the linens and towels appeared to be clean. The rest of the room and facility was dated, worn down, and musty smelling. Our door cards didn't work initially, but we eventually got that sorted out. Had to run the shower for almost five minutes to get lukewarm water. Continental breakfast was crowded, but acceptable. If all you need is somewhere to lay your head, this place works. If you're used to the motel chains (super 8, motel 6, etc) and looking for something on par, keep looking. I've stayed in worse places, but won't return.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Ralphersaurus
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I don't understand why there are sooooo many bad reviews for this place. My boyfriend and I just recently stayed one night and really enjoyed our stay. Very clean room, comfortable bed, great heating system and awesome staff. The only negative thing I really have to say is that the internet connection kind of sucked and when it did work it was slow.....but what do you want for 54 bucks a night? Thats why I still gave them 5 stars. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 207 is great
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank redsoxfan30
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights 3/8/13 - 3/10/13 because it was the cheapest place to stay in North Conway. It was awful! Definitely worth paying more to have a cleaner, more comfortable hotel room. The pillows had hairs on them so my husband and I had to call for new pillows. The bathroom looked broken down with a dirty shower curtain and all the amenities were cheap. Then we found a sock rolled up that wasn't ours! I would not stay here again and don't recommend it!
Stay anyway else in North Conway!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen H
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed on a cold, cold weekend at the end of January. Surprisingly, the interior of the hotel was cold, supposedly from a recently broken pipe. (But now I read other people's reviews, and that broken pipe is mentioned a week earlier.) Anyway, rooms were frigid when we arrived, and then took probably 2 hours to warm up from just a combo air-condiitioner/heater unit. The bathroom never really warmed up (not in direct line of airflow). Oh, and hot water took probably 4 interminable minutes to flow to our room (but once it was there, shower stayed hot).
2nd area of disrepair: the "keys" (credit card things) didn't work the doors!!! They tried twice, then gave us the physical key with dire warnings not to loose the only one!
3rdarea: many of the common areas were ripped up, I suppose for fixing the pipe??

The good: our room was clean (other reviewers did not find that!) The price was cheap for the area (but like they say, you get what you pay for). The only real delight was the front desk staff being so incredibly nice. If it wasn't for them I'd have given this place zero stars. But they were friendly, cheerful and helpful (good restaurant reccomendations), and all this while bundled in their winter coats because they had no heat in their workspace.

The continental breakfast was bare-bones. It could hold you over with coffee, cereal, pastries; but not all the way till lunchtime.

In summary, even though it was cheap, I would have rather spent more money for a different place. Oh well.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends