“not good”

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
New York City, New York
“not good”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Musty smell, BIG crack in window, lots of dust behind bed, urine stains on front of bowel, card key system broken. I was given a " master key". I'm not very picky about old and outdated, but come on...there is no excuse for dirty and unsafe. Wouldn' t recommend this place or stay here again. Oh almost forgot, outside door left unlocked all night!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ontario
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Hmm. First impression was ok. Arrived later on in the evening and was told by the front desk woman that they had already put my key in the room. I have never heard tell of a hotel doing this before...leaving a room unlocked for a guest. Meanwhile the "out back slum area" of the "hotel" is not a secure building, therefore potentially affording access to the creepy guys drinking outside in the back parking lot. A guy (NOT a child) in the room above was pointing a laser beam (laser pointer?) at us from his window.

They don't have all night office staff, but they DO have a handy (NOT) overnight hotline to call for issues...a person answered who didn't identify himself as a hotel staff person and couldn't correspond with me at all and informed me that they could not deal with me until the morning. Went back in the morning after lapping up the luxury at the Ritz Carlton (aka Holiday Inn - see other review) and while the woman gave me a refund with very few questions asked, she did not apologize for sketchy hotel policies or lack of security. When I told her, "Thanks for understanding" after she gave me my refund, she simply looked at me without saying anything and offered no apology. Shoddy customer service. Would not return if you paid me. RUDE.

I briefly saw the room. It looked "okay". Not worth $143 at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room a few kilometres down the road...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiffany W

Travellers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Okay...where do I begin. Been looking fwd to this vacation all year and knew i didn't need to say in a "glamorous" hotel...decent would suffice. After all, the website showed a great looking pool and fun game room, perfect for my two kids. Well, we got here and I was disgusted from the get-go! The front building where the office is looks nice from the outside ( just perfect to put on its' website to deceive people), bc they give you a room in the back run down slum area..where the entire place looked like a dungeon. I couldn't believe it. The rooms had very old carpet, wallpaper peeling, barely any light, and our AC, And Internet did NOT work! When I politely tried to address my concerns with staff, I was told "if you don't like it, leave". Or " we are in the middle of renovating". Everyone I spoke with was voicing their disappointment! This place is the worst place and I cannot believe they do any business at all. The guy working here said "everyone loves this place", but I've asked numerous other people and NOT one had anything positive to say. In fact, 4 families were in the pool area voicing their opinions...all of which were terrible!! I wouldn't even stay here again as a last resort. If you see this place, don't walk away....RUN. Beehives greeted us in each doorway, along the cigarette coated corridors. Someone should do something. Biggest ripoff EVER!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank GrossedOutMom
Marshfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I don't know how to even start this review !!!!! Do not stay their even if every hotel has no Vacancy's ......"Sleep in your car"

First of all they have the nerve to make you pay up front for your stay, took us 15 minutes to try to open our door and when we finally got the door open we wanted to run the other way !!!! we reserved 2 rooms one for our kids and one for us, we had a view of a dumpster, and the wall paper was literally torn and ripped from the walls as well as nail holes, dust on everything and dirty, filthy draws. Broken TV, No internet service, no staff after 10 pm just a 1-800 number. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

The Game Room LOL 1 game in a room, the pool had bugs, chlorine that burned your nose and eyes, and dirty molded towels in a basket that has probably been their for years. One out door table and with 5 broken dirty chairs.

Something Very Crusty on the Blankets !!!!!!

Shower time, the first time in my life I wanted to get out of the shower STUNK LIKE MOLDED WATER !!!!! I Felt so dirty after the shower......

Complimentary Continental Breakfast !!!! My dog eats better than this....Dirty tables, Warm Milk, Dirty Waffle maker, butter that must have been frozen for 50 years and just released from its frozen prison, English muffin or toast, dirty barrel full of trash, no staff in sight !!!! WHAT DID WE PAY FOR !!!!

Rude, Un-friendly Staff !!!! "PERIOD"

BOARD OF HEALTH NEEDS TO BE CALLED

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Rosanna P
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I made no reservations so this was the only hotel with open rooms, from the outside it doesn't look that bad but the inside is a different story! It looks like a run down 70's motel. My room had a weird smell to it, the bathroom sink was leaking water onto the floor, found a few spider webs on the ceiling and what upset me most of all was there was a hole in the ceiling, almost like a peep hole! Very creepy! Another thing, the side door stays unlocked all night! Very unsafe! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Exoxo
ri
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We checked in for one night. They sent us way in the back to the last building. The smell was so musty when we opened the door to enter the building we should have run but we didn't. The room had a little table with two chairs that were stained so badly it looked like a science project gone bad!! We switched rooms to a more expensive one that was clean and no smell. Before we left my husband checked to make sure they didn't charge us for the first room but they did.
Only stay here as a last resort!!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if you have to stay here. Better yet look on tripadvisor for reviews and h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 24theroad76
Reviewed 9 August 2013

When we checked in we were sent to the very back building. The hallways looked like something out of a horror movie. The room was tiny and smelled really musty. The bathroom was very small and had bright orange pipes running across the ceiling, it looked like someone started to change it and then just left it. The tv is so small and so old. The bed was so uncomfortable. It really was like sleeping on a floor. Thought we'd check out the pool like maybe that was the silver lining...NOPE. Literally unswimmable. Oh and the "arcade" is one stand up video game. Hated everything about this place. Really needs to be shut down.

• Stayed February 2013