“Wonderful”
Review of Briarcliff Motel

Briarcliff Motel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We throughly enjoyed our stay. The staff could not have be better. The rooms were clean and efficient. The hotel was in a great position in Conway.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We had a nice stay for two nights at the Briarcliff motel. Management was very nice and the location very convenient to town. Generally, our room was clean (see below) with two beds and a relatively new bathroom. We had two windows to give nice ventilation, but one window was over looking the parking lot and the other was overlooking a parking lot for a restaurant/bar. Traffic from route 16 was loud and noise from the bar parking lot was too loud to have the windows open even though the temperature was perfect for sleeping with windows open. Fumes from idling cars in the bar lot were bothersome as was the road noise.

The first evening, upon pulling off the bedspread, the blanket looked dirty as if sticky fingers had pressed into the blanket and I did not feel like it was clean. I notified management, who immediately gave me a new blanket still in a package. I also asked for a sheet to put on the carpet for the baby to play on. They very kindly provided this.

With three little kids, the room was a bit on the tight side as there was no eating area for the kids to snack on. I don't like to let them eat on the beds and if they ate on the floor, the baby would be into all of their things. So, for our needs the room was not a good match.

We walked all around the motel and the rear rooms overlooking the pool and lawn seem to be the way to go. I wish we would have been put in one of these. The pool looked nice, but the weather was too cool for our little children to use an outdoor pool. The upper rooms / parking lot level actually have a three season porch on them. Perhaps this allows for a small table for eating?? If so, then the room set up might work for a family with small children.

I did notice washer and dryers, but we did not use them. Also, the motel indicates it has WIfi. I don't know if it is by fee. We tried to access it for our iphones, but you needed a log on id and password and this was not provided upon check in nor listed in our room.

So, all in all, a clean nice place. Traffic noise can be loud. Rear rooms are the way to go. Pool and lawn in rear look nice. Option to have w/d great. Management very responsive.

1  Thank MAMommyof2boys
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband and I went to North Conway for a mini vacation and has the pleasure of staying at the Briarcliff. We found it through Trip Advisor and took a chance. Boy did we luck out. Room was a little dark due to wallpaper and dark paint, but exceptionally clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in away from home. We enjoyed it so much that we extended our two night stay to three. Very quiet also for a motel that is on the highway (all other motels/hotels are as well). We are planning on returning to the Briarcliff in November. Thanks again Briarcliff for a wonderful experience!!!

Dale and Wayne Bichard

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Very clean and well tended motel. Rooms were small but cozy and the back deck/balcony with a superb view of the mountains was a plus.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed for a weekend with my husband and kids. The room was spotless. The beds were super comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank jamiesn2
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Ask for room 8 or 9 for a great view of Whitehorse Ledge and sunsets. Large pool with shallow end for kids. Very helpful staff in recommending area attractions and restaurants. Quiet and cozy rooms, with great balcony for reading/relaxing.

1  Thank mainecentral
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My family and I had a wonderful time. The motel was very clean. The pool was sparkling clean. I Would recondmend This motel for anybody .I already booked for labor day weekend

1  Thank bigduggie