“Basic no frills”
Review of Clarendon Motel

Clarendon Motel
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This is a basic motel located at the north end of North Conway. Rooms where clean but dated with old bath fixtures although a fridge and microwave were in the room. Plenty of parking but lot is gravel or sand. A bit pricey for what you get as there is no pool or hot tub. Some resturants are located within walking distance. Area is full of things to do.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 February 2011

The Motel was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I can't wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We found the Clarendon Motel to be a great motel. The rooms were extremely clean and affordable. With its old style charm it exceded our expectations. The owners were very helpful and informative. They had great recommendations for dining, shopping, and places to visit. The location was fantastic, just a mile above the village of North Conway away from all the hustle and bustle, but close enough to enjoy all the town has to offer. We will definately make it a must stay when visiting the north country!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Glad we only stayed one night! The room had 1950's style furnishings, uncomfortable beds, tired old carpets, dated bathroom, gravel driveway so you were sure to track mud and dirt back into the room. Maybe worth $49 a night but certainly not the $110 we had to pay. One of the worst motels I've stayed in for a long, long while. There are many other options in North Conway so I'd recommend you avoid this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank atkinsonguy16
desktopN, Owner at Clarendon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2010

I am sorry you were not happy with your room and needed to write a very negative review, I regret the fact that you did not come into the office to let me know you had a problem as I would have moved you to another room or refunded your money. I see you neglected to say anything positive about the room like Cleanlyness, 75 channel cable TV, Refridg, Microwave, Hair Dryer, plenty of Hot Water and Heat and also Coffee all day. I would also like to let you know the mattresses are Serta and only 2 years old, the so called shabby rugs are only a few years old, I don't know what the smell you are refering to is, all I can tell you is that we do use cleaner to sanitize the bathrooms and that smell lingers, as for the price of the room it was $99 plus tax on a very busy Saturday, with tax included the price is still less than $110.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

I want to THANK the owners for a very nice visit to your area. You were not only helpful but kind. I have stayed with you several times and this was just like all the rest. You made me feel welcome like you would a family member. I will be back :) I have suggested to several friends to join you and experence what friendly means.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed here for two nights during our tour of New England, this motel was one our of favourite stops. It was clean and cozy. The owners we so friendly and helpful! Excellent value for money, in a great location for touring the white mountains!!!! We would go back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I stayed here with my husband for one night on our driving tour through New England. Even though I booked months in advance I had trouble finding a place with cooking facilities in the North Conway area that had availability and wasn't too pricey, so was pleased to find this place.

The room we had was huge, with a nicely separated kitchen and sleeping are (which you dont always get with efficiencies) very comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped. Everything seemed clean and normally I would have given this place a 4/5 rating...however my husband accidentally dropped something down the back of the oven when cooking and when he moved the oven to get whatever it was, he noticed there were rodent droppings at the back of the oven on the floor. For this reason I am giving it 3/5 but would stress the rest of the room was clean, the oven was the only issue. I would recommend it to others but with a warning!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
desktopN, Owner at Clarendon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2010

I would like to thank you for staying with us and to let you know we are very diigent in how clean our rooms are as you mentioned in your review, I immediately checked under the stoves in both units when I saw your review and the only thing I found were a couple of dead beetles that could look like dropping until you cleaned them up and brought them closers to you, I assure you they were not rodent dropping. I hope this puts your mind to rest. Thank you Owner