“Good portions for Delivery Take Out order”
Review of Via Roma

Via Roma
Ranked #37 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I ordered delivery at the Hampton Inn as we were tired and did not want to go out. I ordered the linguini with meatballs and my wife ordered a sale with chicken cranberry walnut. We were pleasantly surprised. Large portions and the food was very good and linguini was hot. I would order delivery from there again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

First of all, the photo shown has nothing whatsoever to do with this run-down old pizza joint located in a tired old strip mall on "the strip" in North Conway. This place has had several incarnations in the last few years, and we were excited to see that as well as pizza and subs, the new owners would be serving middle-eastern dishes, something we were sorely lacking here in the Mount Washington Valley, the "culinary wasteland of northern New England."
A few months ago, my wife and I tried this establishment's falafel. While the falafel wasn't awful (sorry), it was somewhat dry and ho-hum, which was sad because we had heard the chef was Egyptian, and were were certainly expecting better. However, while we were there we noted that their menu wall boasted a veal parmesan sub made with a "fresh, hand-pounded veal cutlet".
WOW! my wife and I grew up on the wafer-thin, crispy veal cutlets from our favorite grinder (sub) shop in Hartford, CT, and we just couldn't wait to try Via Roma's take on this classic sandwich.
On the way home on a cold,, rainy night, I decided to pick up a couple of these "fresh, hand-pounded veal cutlet" subs to go.
The rolls were well-made, not too "white-bready" but not too hard. The sauce was rich and flavorful, and the melted mozzarella was excellent. The "fresh, hand-pounded veal cutlets" turned out to be...VEAL PATTIES. What a disappointment! My wife and I use frozen veal patties at home from time to time, so we knew exactly what we were eating! I wouldn't have felt any more cheated if I had ordered "genuine Atlantic Blue Crab" and had been served surimi!
While I waited, someone called in and asked if they were serving Shawarma. The chef said "yes" and proceeded to cook raw chicken pieces on a flat-top grill. Not even close...
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...

Reviewed 13 January 2014

All my kids and my wife and I got sick. Ordered a mix of Italian and Mediterranean dishes via delivery. Food was cold when it arrived. Probably the worst pizza I ever had. Frozen pizza is better.

All the other media dishes were terrible, falafel, tabbouleh and hommous

Don't eat here unless you are trapped at home with no food and this is the only restaurant that delivers

2  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went in to the restaurant and got hosed off the start.. Then was treated nasty for not tipping on a $26 take out pizza... Never again.

1  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Good assortment of specialty pizzas, close to the hotel, good staff, food was ready on time for pickup.