“It's hidden for a reason.”
Review of Courtyard Cafe

Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #59 of 96 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Description: We are a locally owned cafe with 25+ years in the village.
Description: We are a locally owned cafe with 25+ years in the village.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stumbled into Courtyard Cafe since our original restaurant was closed. The prices seemed fabulous, but the quality proved terrible. I ordered a vegetable wrap, and my sister and niece also ordered sandwiches. I'm not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought $5 was too much to pay for such mediocrity. The restaurant itself is also run-down and dated -- way beyond the New England charm. Steer clear from here.

1  Thank Seshat59
Kathleen G, Manager at Courtyard Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

I'm sorry you didn't love the food but we have 25+ years in the village and I can't say what happened that day but we do pride ourselves on every item being under 6.00 on the regular menu. With a veggie wrap for 4.00 it is hard to fill it too much with out it falling apart but it does have local lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese and sprouts covered with our own home made honey mustard dressing made daily.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We started off on the wrong foot and it never got better.We wanted to order lunch and eat outside at one of the picnic tables. The specials board was way across the room and I couldn't see it from the hallway. We had our dog, who I took in my arms and made one step into the room to read the board. The hostess yelled at me before I even got my second foot inside the door, that the dog had to get out. I understand the health laws and wasn't looking to break them, I was trying to read the board. I believe there was a much better delivery that she could've use, than the one she chose. I apologized and went back into the hall, though I wasn't the one that needed to apologize. We ordered lunch and headed outside to enjoy it with our dog. I ordered a wrap, my partner a sandwich. We were both amazing at how small they were. My wrap was literally no more than 5 bites and it was gone, the sandwich not any better. Quality was very good, but we know that because we live in North Conway and have eaten there before. We joked about our mini-lunch all day long.We both agreed that the next time we are in town and looking ior lunch, Courtyard Cafe will not be on the list of options. I might suggest that they work on their level of hospitality and friendliness. North Conway in general does a much better job.

1  Thank tespaulding1

Unfortunately the state law is no animals inside the cafe, we have to follow these rules. We offer outside seating and will bring up bowls of water for dogs but we can not allow them in cafe for any time. Our customers will ask for meals to be delivered outside so they can eat with their pets. We even have full menus on all sign boards with a phone number to call in an order if they have animals with them. I apologize that this wasn't explained in a nicer way.

As far as sandwiches we pride ourselves on having a menu where nothing is over 7.00 on the menu. With 25+ years in the village we can not please every guest all though we try.
A vegetable wrap is 4.00 and consists of a burrito size wrap, home made honey mustard dressing, 2 types of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese and sprouts. I'm sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We loved our visit! We sat outside at the reserved courtyard tables, the staff was friendly! They were allergy friendly and more than willing to change ingredients. The prices were just right! Nothing like going to a restaurant and having healthy food for a beyond reasonable prices :)

1  Thank wnb7
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I love Courtyard Cafe. I often meet friends and family there to eai inside or outside (weather permitting) and enjoy the many salads and sandwiches that they offer.when we eat outside on thier patio, we can watch the trains coming and going, which is quite entertaining.

1  Thank Diana M
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Great find on our last trip! Low prices and good food, $4.00 for the average sandwhich. Neat and clean nothing fancy, we will definatly go back on our next trip up north.