“Excellent Chinese restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Peking Sunrise Restaurant of North Conway is proud to provide you with an extended menu featuring Chinese, Thai and Japanese cuisine.
Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Chinese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Me and family went eating in the peking restaurant and the food was very good and plenty full. In Belgium all the waitresses are Chinese so that was a bit disappointing but the service was good.
I hope this review gives you a good look of what its like there

Visited July 2013

North Conway, New Hampshire, United States
“Go to China Chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We used to go to Peking all the time, that was of course, until China Chef opened. The food is mediocre, about as good as the frozen Chinese food in the grocery store, except sopping with grease. No flavor to the food. It's not even "Chinese" food, it's so Americanized. Not to mention the people who working lacked personality. They either said nothing or had an attitude about everything, as I have heard from others not much has changed since. If your looking for a greasy meal or unsatisfying service, this place is tied with McDonald's. It's more expensive though.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Fresh Chinese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

The food is very fresh & delicious. Try the beef teryaki, its the best I've tasted. They also don't mind substitutions, ie, more teryaki in pace of the egg rolls.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

So my friends and I went out to eat here, and it was the worst restaurant ever! The waitress was so rude I asked a simple question about the rice and she had a nasty attitude. We then asked her a question about a picture on the menu an she said "I don't know what it is. Honestly the pictures don't match what's on the page." She was so mean to all of us. She then proceeded with refilling our drinks and she spilled water over my iPhone like A LOT! She's lucky it's ok, but she didn't even apologize!!!! I mean I understand its hard to not knock things over but she could have said sorry!!!!!! My friends and I were so upset with the food overall as well. Their portions are great but they are extremely expensive and it's just not worth 15 for a plate of orange chicken with a bowl of rice that all four of us had to share...we were so upset with the service that we left her $1.50 tip and a piece of gum. I will NEVER EVER be going there again! I'm actually going to warn people from going there! It was the worst restaurant experience ever! And their dumplings are disgusting...

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Currierx17
FreeAsABee
“Chinese Food for the Gods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We are summer seasonals in the North Conway area and The Peking is the first restaurant we go to when we get up in the mountains for the summer. They have the traditional type of Chinese food (not "asian flair"). Because they are so popular, the food is always fresh, cooked with just the right amount of flavor and the servings are more than ample. We usually go for lunch because we love the choices for luncheon specials and the price is right. Most of the time we take half our order home and don't have to cook supper either. The waitstaff are great and quite a few have been there for many years.

You won't be disappointed and, if for any reason you are, I am sure the management will want to make it right.

• Visited May 2013