“Some observations”

Ranked #72 of 94 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Peking Sunrise Restaurant of North Conway is proud to provide you with an extended menu featuring Chinese, Thai and Japanese cuisine.
Silver Lake, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some observations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I don't normally take time out of my day to write negative things about someone else's business who probably works really hard to keep going but I had had last night. We only live 15 minutes away so we been a number of times. Fist off if there is a wait the waiting area overlooks the dinning room so you get staired at while you are trying to eat. I'm assuming the owner was the hostess and she was rather rude. Apparently I was standing in the take out line and not two feet to the right where she seats you. Next the waitress was very rushed and took extremely long to even take an order. She comes to our table with a duct taped over folder, placed it on our table, and flipped through her order notebook to a clean slip. The only drink we ordered was a Sherly Temple for my son that took at least 10 minutes to show up. While sitting in our booth about 15 minutes after the drink showed up, getting staired at by other hungry customers in the waiting area, I watched a Pu Pu Platter get placed in the hallway between the kitchen and the dinning area on a large serving tray. It proceeded to stay there for 10 minutes or so with wattress upon wattress and customers walk by. To me that's asking for contamination. Our waitress finally looked at it and I heard her say she forgot it. The platter was picked up and brought back to the kitchen and she emerged two minutes later with a Pu Pu Platter and our Lo Mein. The Pu Pu Platter was cool so I'm assuming she brought the contaminated Platter back to the kitchen, added the Lo Mein to the serving tray and brought it to the table. Then she emerged from the kitchen filling her mouth with food and walking over to the side sauces to dish out a few without even washing her hands. We definitely were not impressed with the entire operation and will not be going back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ethan L

Norwood, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One last meal before leaving for home hoping to enjoy a Chinese meal as good as what we are use to at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I found the manner in which the food was cooked to be better than the best I get in my home town actually. Service was friendly and courteous without being overly so. I had enough to take home to enjoy the next day even.

Visited August 2013
Groveland, Massachusetts
“Slow service and rude employees!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff is unbelievably rude. The experience started with a hostess who refused to acknowledge the existence of customers standing front of her. When she was good and ready she finally acknowledged us. After another few minutes, we were finally shown to our table. The restaurant was more than half empty, but there is another delay before we see our waitress. She arrived at the table with an attitude and it got worse each time we saw her.

The wait for the food was way too long. I will never be returning to this restaurant again!!

Save yourself some grief and find another restaurant in North Conway.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank MB_719a
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Best in North Conway !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Lunch specials may be the way to go and they're available til 3PM. Best chinese food in North Conway. Check them out and you'll agree.

Visited July 2013
“Go to Panda Garden!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Me and my husband are big Chinese food eaters and we were new to the area so we wanted to try them out. We hear Panda Garden & the Peking Restaurant were the best. We went to both....NO COMPARISON!! Panda Garden is the best by far. Service was good and the food is amazing!!! Peking I didn't like at all and the waitress was extremely rude. Plus their sodas weren't free refills....and they were TINY! The decor was cool but that's it.

• Visited July 2013