“Happy travel”

and 1 more site!
Golden Gables Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For several years we have been staying at this inn motel and every time the quality of their accomodation were excellent. We have recommended it to our friends and they agree. If you have to stop in North-Conway you will enjoy your stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricky105

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this place during memorial day weekend of 2014 and liked liked every bit of it. From Reservation to check-out, everything about this Inn was perfect.

We were supposed to reach after midnight, so called ahead as the office closes at 11 PM. When we reached, we had door key along with my name tag at the office door. We had 2 Queen bed room on the front side on the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious, nice and clean. There was a big balcony on the back side overlooking the hotel grounds and the pool. The room had microwave, mini refrigerator, TV, etc. Iron/Ironing board was missing in the room; a quick call to the front desk and it was delivered within no time.

They do not serve breakfast; but the Inn is on the White Mtn Highway with a lot of places to eat around. For breakfast, we went to Peach's restaurant which is around a mile from the Inn.

The only reason for giving it a 4 star is because of poor wi-fi. Though they have a free wi-fi, but the reception was poor most of the times.

Overall, really nice place to say if you are in the region.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RohitD2k1
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed at this property several times. Probably almost 6. All of those times I have either been in room 202 or 214. Those are deluxe rooms. On the top floor of the newest building. The first time we stayed here, I was curious and did not know what to expect. Now, I will just give an overview of what I have experienced on all my visits there. Their "office" had a nice clean design and all of the staff members I have come in contact with are very nice. I am glad to hear that they will be getting electronic keys! The doors have 2 locks on them with keyholes and it is confusing every time I go to my room because I do not know which one to use. The rooms have a good design, very clean and average features. BUT this is the first hotel I have stayed at where the TV channel guide actually works. The balcony is a nice feature if you are staying in the summer. One thing I do not like, and it is not just this hotel. The giant puffy bed spreads. I would like to see hotels just go to plain white things. Also, the wi-fi is a little slow in that building. Also, one time we needed to leave early and the lobby was locked. That means that we could not get the coffee. This means, if something happens in the middle of the night, there is nobody there. At least that is what it looked like. That, to me, is ridiculous. My parents say that the coffee is good. I would like to see a few food options in the morning, like some fruit and yogurt and a bagel. In conclusion I would return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room in a newer building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I spent almost four months researching places to stay throughout the White Mountains region. I compared prices and traveler reviews on well over two dozen hotels/motels/inns and bed and breakfasts in and around the North Conway area. I chose Golden Gables based on overwhelmingly positive reviews. We stayed in the "King suite" which featured a king sized comfort top bed, in room jacuzzi, gas fireplace and private balcony. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The jacuzzi perfect for two and the balcony was a great place to sit and talk while we ate our Saturday morning breakfast. My wife and I were concerned at first that being so close the the main drag in North Conway we would hear more hustle and bustle and less nature, but that was not a problem at all. The staff was friendly and unobtrusive. Check in and check out were a breeze. There is no on-site restaurant but plenty of places to eat in the area. We both agreed that our stay was too short and that we would definitely return to Golden Gables in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for two night in early April. The room was very clean and quite spacious for two people. It even had a balcony. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance and it was situated right in the middle of town. There was plenty of parking available.
My only issue would be that they don't provide breakfast although there are a number of places a short drive up the road. You have to go up to reception to get morning coffee and as there were only a few people staying the first night we were there they did not open up reception until 8am.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swanee59
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed at the Golden Gables for the first time 2 weeks ago. From the moment we checked in, to the moment we checked out, we were impressed. The women at the desk was extremely welcoming and friendly. She made check-in easy and offered up some great suggestions for dinner (we went to Delaney's & Black cap-they were awesome). Our room was in the building out back, away from the main road. We had a lovely king room that was SPOTLESS and quite comfortable. The decor was nice and our room had a balcony overlooking the property/mountains. It also had a small refrigerator, microwave, free WiFi, large flat screen TV, and what looked like a brand new bathroom. We were very pleased! The weekend went by way too fast, but upon check out we told the gentleman at the desk that we would definitely be back! We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jean k
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spent 2 nights in March at Golden Gables and, as usual, were not disappointed in anything. Great service, great prices, great location, great room. We plan to continue staying here whenever we're in North Conway.

Room Tip: Select the building out back for a quieter sleep, you can't hear the morning "traffic"...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple