“A GOLDEN EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Warlingham, United Kingdom
“A GOLDEN EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It is such a nice surprise when your expectations are exceeded. From reading other reviews we knew Golden Gables Inn would be good, but the quality of accommodation, the pleasant surroundings,the pool and the cleanliness all added up to make our stay pretty much unbeatable in every way.

Add to that the variety of things to do in and around North Conway - the Scenic Railroad, good coffee, trails and buckets of scenery in every direction - and a stay at the Golden Gables Inn becomes a must if you are anywhere near the White Mountains.

Book today!

Room Tip: the Upstairs rooms provide old views across the gardens and also have private balconies.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went on a road trip shopping in NH stayed at the Golden Gables Inn.
I would recommend this as the place to stay.
Close to shopping, close to the Mountains. The scenery was beautiful.
Very clean and well kept grounds.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I suggest if you are shopping get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Port Republic, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Parents have been coming up for years. With 4 of us this year we decided to rent the 2 room suite. Best decision ever!! Two bedrooms with such comfy beds, flat screen TVs, two gas fireplaces, kitchen with high top table. Pool, hot tub. Just perfect !!!!! Can't wait to visit again.

Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My siblings along with their spouses stayed 2 nights and we each had king bed rooms. The rooms were very clean and there was a small deck on the back of each room to sit outside. Walking distance to outlets and there were sidewalks for a couple of miles each way to walk to stores, restaurants, whatever. Being a runner this was great for a safe "trail". But even better was the prices. We stayed in early June and midweek was $68 and Friday night was $95. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff B
Repentigny, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For several years we have been staying at this inn motel and every time the quality of their accomodation were excellent. We have recommended it to our friends and they agree. If you have to stop in North-Conway you will enjoy your stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ricky105
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this place during memorial day weekend of 2014 and liked liked every bit of it. From Reservation to check-out, everything about this Inn was perfect.

We were supposed to reach after midnight, so called ahead as the office closes at 11 PM. When we reached, we had door key along with my name tag at the office door. We had 2 Queen bed room on the front side on the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious, nice and clean. There was a big balcony on the back side overlooking the hotel grounds and the pool. The room had microwave, mini refrigerator, TV, etc. Iron/Ironing board was missing in the room; a quick call to the front desk and it was delivered within no time.

They do not serve breakfast; but the Inn is on the White Mtn Highway with a lot of places to eat around. For breakfast, we went to Peach's restaurant which is around a mile from the Inn.

The only reason for giving it a 4 star is because of poor wi-fi. Though they have a free wi-fi, but the reception was poor most of the times.

Overall, really nice place to say if you are in the region.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RohitD2k1
Kennebunkport,Maine
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed at this property several times. Probably almost 6. All of those times I have either been in room 202 or 214. Those are deluxe rooms. On the top floor of the newest building. The first time we stayed here, I was curious and did not know what to expect. Now, I will just give an overview of what I have experienced on all my visits there. Their "office" had a nice clean design and all of the staff members I have come in contact with are very nice. I am glad to hear that they will be getting electronic keys! The doors have 2 locks on them with keyholes and it is confusing every time I go to my room because I do not know which one to use. The rooms have a good design, very clean and average features. BUT this is the first hotel I have stayed at where the TV channel guide actually works. The balcony is a nice feature if you are staying in the summer. One thing I do not like, and it is not just this hotel. The giant puffy bed spreads. I would like to see hotels just go to plain white things. Also, the wi-fi is a little slow in that building. Also, one time we needed to leave early and the lobby was locked. That means that we could not get the coffee. This means, if something happens in the middle of the night, there is nobody there. At least that is what it looked like. That, to me, is ridiculous. My parents say that the coffee is good. I would like to see a few food options in the morning, like some fruit and yogurt and a bagel. In conclusion I would return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room in a newer building.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family