“Good Crash Pad”

The Yankee Clipper Inn
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We came up to the area and needed last minute lodging. We were able to find vacancy at this inn. The person on the phone was polite and accommodating, so we didn't spend a ton of time trying to compare rates or find an alternate place to stay.

The receptionists were friendly and helpful upon arrival and check out. They recommended the Moat Mountain Brewery for dinner and had copies of the menu on hand.

The room itself was very dated, but served its purpose for the night. We paid $79 so I wasn't expecting much. The pillows were terrible, so I recommend bringing your own. Aside from that everything was ok.

They gave us vouchers for breakfast at the connected restaurant, the Blueberry Muffin, which was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happysquirrell

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I really enjoy staying at the Yankee Clipper Inn in North Conway. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and they offer every comfort, right down to the pillow top mattress. Love the balcony off the 2nd floor rooms and having the option to sit outside is just perfect....and it is quiet too!!!! Having the pool and sauna is a plus and wish I had more time to use those facilities. Not to mention the best breakfast place is attached - the Blueberry Muffin! Every breakfast that I have had there is fantastic - -my favorite was this past weekends Eggs Benedict. And most importantly - the service and the people at the Inn and Restaurant are just the nicest people. You will be happy you chose the YCI for your fun times in North Conway.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My family and I have stayed here a few times (self, husband, 2 young sons). The rooms could definitely use an update. The concrete walls are reminiscent of a prison. But, the beds are cOmfortable , the place is quiet & it's the first hotel on the strip so you can't get much more convenient than that. It is also the cheapest hotel around. The hotel does have a bit of a solvent smell. I chalk that up to the indoor pool. My kids love the pool. It's a gradual pool so it gets deeper on the far end. Even then it only goes up to 5 feet (I think). The jacuzzi is cute & perfect if you want to relax.
On to the free breakfast. Ok, so it's toast & eggs, only. If you like bacon you'll have to pay. So, don't expect to "fill up" on a large breakfast without paying for it. But, no one else on the strip is this cheap and offers a free food. So you really can't complain. Plus, my husband has tried almost everything else on the menu & says its all delicious! The Bluberry pancakes are large in every way, so bring your appetite or hate with another. The ONLY complaint I have is the staff at the Bluberry Muffin. They just aren't nice. I stop short of saying "rude" because they didn't go out of there way to be nasty. But, that's just it. They aren't approachable, always have a sour look on their face and get impatient if you don't quickly bark out your order. I'm there with kids and they are excited. Im not asking you to sit & color with them but how about a smile?? Plus, I've seen them actually argue with other patrons. Who does that??!!
I have stayed there probably about a dozen times. But, I haven't stayed in about a year as I bought a time share. I do recommend this place, though, for all of the reasons I mentioned.
I don't really understand the negative reviews. All of them mention that the place was the cheapest. So you can't expect 5 star accommodations on a 2-3 star price. It's comfy & no bedbugs. Plus, I did see a black bear on the property standing about 20 feet away from me. Frightening but lovely!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Mom2aidan01
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We were in North Conway and looking for a cheap place to sleep at half past midnight, and most smaller properties had their lights and signs off and offices closed for the night. We were hoping to stay somewhere cheaper than the resorts and the brand-name hotels (Comfort Inn, Hampton, Courtyard, etc.) and this place was really the only one that appeared open and affordable.

I found the reception to be rude, suspiciously asking how old I was and stressing to me three times that the room was non-smoking (even though I am 24, have a visa card and told him after the first time that we were non-smokers).

He sent us to a room with bedding that was opened and bunched up, pillows sticking out and lights left on. I returned to the office to get a different room and the man just crinkled his face and said, "Well, that seems weird. Here, try the room next door." The next room was OK, but the decor in both rooms was old, utilitarian and uninviting and there was some noise coming in from the corridor. The color was off on the TV.

The "free breakfast" isn't much, just 2 eggs, 2 toast and coffee/juice, with grat not included, but it's better than nothing. The restaurant on the property is very popular and you can use your hotel breakfast voucher to get a discount off of other menu items.

I would suggest looking around before settling on this property.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you make yourself comfortable and request a change if it's not right.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edmstudentraveller
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place was decent. There were several things that I definitely didn't like...shower head was horrible, no hair dryer, "included breakfast" was a joke, and it was noisy. But, it was clean, had a small indoor pool and the staff was incredible friendly. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: They told me that the first floor had recently been redone. The sink was new, but that was about it...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2012

It doesn't look like the smartest inn on 'the strip' but having stayed there, I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else. The rooms were spacious and clean - we had a fire in ours which was lovely. But their biggest asset is their staff - they were SO friendly and so keen to help us in any way they could that we couldn't help but be disarmed by their warmth and enthusiasm.

The Blueberry Muffin was fantastic (although fellow Europeans beware: order the 'light' version of their irresistable blueberry pancakes or starve yourself for at least a week in advance. The light version? Not light but you will be able to move afterwards) with delicious pancakes, extraordinarily delicious muffins (we packed them for lunch on a hike) and red flannel hash that my fiance still wistfully mentions.

It was a wrench to leave but we'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedPeridot
Reviewed 8 February 2012

been going up to north conway now for 10 years and never stayed here untill last year as my regular spots kept going up in price. i stayed in a room with 2 full beds and it was a little cramped for me and my family as we used 2 blow up matresses for my 2 boys. but they have a block of rooms with 2 queen beds and a whole lotta room for 2 blow up matresses which i looked at while i was there and now i book the room with queen beds instead. pools both indoor and outdoor were fine and clean. standard breakfast comes for each person staying there which is fine and for anything else a minor charge is extra basically total cost after coupons used was about 5 to 10 dollars for 4 adults. i saved so much money staying here just to sleep that we had more to spend at the outlets at settlers green. people there are great also and make the stay enjoyable.going back this july and already reserved bigger room for my family. thanx kelly and staff at the yankee clipper.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family