The Yankee Clipper Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn North Conway(North Conway)
Great 4.5/5
Golden Gables Inn(North Conway)
Junge's Motel(North Conway)
Very Good 4/5
Fox Ridge Resort(North Conway)
Quality Inn(North Conway)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsblueberry muffinsattached restauranthot tubfree breakfastenjoyed the indoor pooldesk staffnight staybed was comfortablewhite mountain highwaythe room was niceski triplocation is greatcouponoutletsdryerpetwinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Rented a room for one night as we were heading to N. Conway for a college sporting event.
The front desk staff were very nice both on the phone & in person. We were very impressed that they gave us a heads up & informed us of a large party taking place at the back of the hotel. Not sure why they would give us a room in the back of the hotel, right outside "the party" when other rooms up front were available but they did. When we checked out the room & decided to have our room moved, it was hassel free :)! We were NEVER disturbed by the party either but wanted to play it safe.

Our room was a standard room with 2 double beds & a cute balcony. Appeared to be newly painted. Room was clean but it could use a makeover. Beds were old & not very comfortable.

The pool/area were very nice, clean - towels provided in the area as well (not at the front desk)

Bonus - The Blueberry Muffin Restaurant is right on premises & with a night stay, you receive a voucher good for 2 eggs, toast, coffee valued at $3.79 or you could put $3.79 towards anything on the menu.

Hotel is close to Outlet Shopping, Wal-Mat, Christmas Tree Shop but quite a ways from Storyland, Attitash, Wildcat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Busdriver19
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here twice in the past year. We was there for 3 nights in February and 2 nights in April. I go with my 5 year old daughter. We both enjoy the pool and hot tub. We extended our stay in February by an extra night and the staff was great with keeping us in the same room. They room was very clean and quite spacious bathroom. The beds were very comforatable. We look forward to going back every year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ksmom1226
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Ok, so where do I begin. We opened the door to our first room and there was some one in there already. Dragged all our stuff to the second room, opened the door and was hit in the face with a smell so bad my daughter grabbed her nose and gagged, It was a smell of mold and old basement with a mix of body odor. Ok so back across the hotel to our third room. It was unoccupied and didn't smell ( as bad) so we went in but by this time my skin was crawling so I couldn't sleep that we'll or it could have been because the toilet was broken and it ran all night! Which was nice because I had to reach in and fix it every time. Hey but the lady behind the counter was nice.....

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jjd0257
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Well. Where do I begin. We went to the ol' Yankee Clipper because the first hotel we booked was very sketchy (see other review). They stuck us in a building out back, in a room that smelled like something...unidentifiable. The headboard fell off the wall. Attempts were made at renovating but the early 90's drapes didn't match the rest of the "decor". The best was that it cost $140. If I'm spending $140 on a MOTEL I kind of expect the headboard to stay attached to the wall. We stayed 5 minutes; however, I must say that the man was very gracious about giving me a refund. Oh. And though 4 of us checked in, only two of us were going to be allowed to eat breakfast in the morning:(

Better luck next time...

Room Tip: If you do need to stay at this motel, ask to be given a room nearest the road. Don't expect everyone to be able to eat breakfast. Bring your own headboard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I recently booked a couple nights here online. I asked for a non-smoking room. The first room they had us booked in we opened the door and were hit in the face with the smell of smoke. The second room on the second floor did not smell like smoke but had a slight musty smell. Beds were not completely made, sheets were just draped over mattresses and comforter over them. Room was dark and dingy, curtains were partly falling down and we had no towels in our bathroom. We had to go down to the front desk to get our towels. The one redeeming quality was the staff, both staff members we dealt with were very pleasant, I applaud them

Room Tip: I would not recommend this to anyone at this time.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple