“Clean Room...No Frills”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Vermont
“Clean Room...No Frills”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This motel had a vacancy for our last minute Labor Day weekend trip to North Conway. More than I would normally pay for a place like this, but hey, it was Labor Day weekend. The rooms are definitely very basic and no frills, but the bed was a comfortable pillow top. Only complaint was the outside lighting seeped in through the edge of the curtains all night long, right onto the bed. Loved that breakfast was included...nice little restaurant with good food. It was close to the outlets and easily accessible. Would I stay here again...maybe, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LUV2TRAVLVermont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 4 September 2010

My family & I up on Labor Day Weekend & decided to stay at the Yankee Clipper because our first choices were booked. We stayed in the building closest to the outdoor pool. My husband ran in the front office & rented a room for the night. Upon entering the room there was a strong musty odor. So we left the door open as long as we could and sat down outside to avoid the smell in the room. In the bathroom there was mold all around the silcone chaulking around the tub. I'm not talking about a spot, there was ALOT. I don't understand how they are allowed by the State of NH to rent a room in this condition. There were stains on the carpet, walls, ceiling, pillowcases & mattresses so not acceptable. Checking out in the AM & not staying the weekend. Very Disappointed $118 w tax

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank Jackster71

Travellers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I think one of the other reviews put it best - "what can you expect for $79.00 a night." It certainly isn't Holiday Inn, or Hampton Inn at $179/night, but the Hotel was immaculate, staff was courteous and friendly and my family had a fine time in the pool.

Rooms are basic, but fine for a night stay. The blueberry pancakes were good too!

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This motel has reasonable pricing and good value. Clean rooms, nice staff. Breakfast included is very good. Home made cooking. Close to attractions. Would recommned.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Bradford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. The room rate is reasonable and the overall service was great. I used the hot tub and the indoor pool and they were good. Our room is clean, for the most part. Not really any complaint but the room is nothing to scream about.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I came here for a ski trip with my son's and a group of friends and there young/teenage kids. The staff was very pleasent, and overly helpful on where things around town where. They even looked into things to do for the kids as the ski weather did not cooperate for us. The motel has been around for a long time, so I wasn't sure what to expect- honestly I picked it for the low money- and pool. I was more than happy to find the place and room extremely clean- and the pool (which isn't large- but it worked great for us) was beyond clean- as well the hot tub. And to top it all off the beds here where by far the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.- The sheets on the bed where a very high thread count- my only one issue- which really wasn't one, is they didn't have fitted sheets- which was weird and a little annoying for someone that moves alot- but it was so comfy and soft- it didn't really matter. Also you got two free (2 eggs- toast & home fries) with the $69.00 night stay (both adults) - All this in North Conway! - How can you beat it! I would defiantly recommend this motel for a few nights stay - unless your a Ritz Carlton kind of person you can't beat it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cjruby2
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed 6 March 2010

This place is overall clean and I would recommend staying here. The walls are a bit thin and it can be challenging if there is a bunch of teenage girls staying in the room next to you. My only complaint was that you can't get a room with two queen beds. The largest beds in a two bed room was full sized.

The indoor pool was clean and fun. The hot tub was also excellent (near the pool area).

The staff is very friendly-this is a great place to stay if you are skiing on a budget with kids.

The pricing is very sharp for the area and we will be back.

You also get a voucher for breakfast at the Blueberry Muffin restaurant when you stay.

Guys-if you have a "high maintenance" wife I would recommend the North Conway Grand Hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family