My husband and I just got back from a weekend stay in North Conway NH. Our plan was to find a nice spot in one of the many local parks and exchange rings, in a simple just-the-two-of-us wedding ceremony. We picked Red Jacket Mountain View based on good reviews online, figuring a nice hotel would make our simple weekend elopement more special. I'm so glad we did - all weekend, the staff went out of their way to make things extra special for us, transforming the weekend into a real honeymoon. In fact, we had only booked one night, and ended up staying for two.
Even when I saw staff members helping other guests I was impressed by how incredibly friendly and courteous they were. I got the very strong impression that the treatment we received wasn't biased by the fact that many of them recognized us as The Newlyweds (as a pink-haired bride, I'm sure I was easy to point out). We saw lots of fun activities going on in the evenings such as a fire pit, a Wii tournament, ice cream making, and ceramics painting. I'm not sure how many of those had additional fees, but from what I saw of pricing I expect it was quite reasonable - just the fact that these activities were available was really neat, and seeing families and couple take part in them as we went to and from our own plans created a really fun, festive energy, almost like the whole hotel was one big family reunion.
In the interests of writing a well-rounded review, I will say we had a couple of problems in our stay; the first night I had a great pillow but my husbands wasn't firm enough, and the cold tap on our in-room jacuzzi didn't work at all. Honestly, I don't count these as major flaws due to the fact that when we mentioned it at the front desk they had both issues fixed lightning-fast. The only other negative to mention is that the hotel wireless is a bit frustrating because we had to log in every time we wanted to access it, which was frequently since we are both iPhone users and on a rainy day in the mountains cell reception is pretty poor for checking email.
To me, these are very small issues when balanced with the incredible staff, comfortable beds, beautiful views, and awesome atmosphere - not to mention tons of breathtaking views!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations (some pet-friendly) feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western