“"Easter Weekend"”

Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We received an email describing a fun filled Easter weekend getaway at a price you couldn't refuse. We've never gone away over Easter but decided that it was such a great deal we couldn't pass. We are a family of four with children ages 5 and 9. We arrived on Friday and the staff was quick and courteous checking us in. Our room was the perfect size for the four of us and very clean. The water park was lots of fun and my son especially loved the basketball area while my daughter enjoyed the toddler areas of the water park. We had taken the horse and carriage ride, attended the bonfire and still had many other activities planned for the next day. The Saturday morning breakfast was outstanding. It was more than we've ever expected or received from any other hotel that gives you a complimentary breakfast. The Easter brunch itself was nothing short of a 5 star buffet. The servers as well as the chef's were friendly, courteous and accommodated any special request you had. All of the events planned for the children, unlimited admission to the water park and both days breakfast for one fantastic price

During our stay my wife became very ill and needed to go to the ER. The manager and front desk staff were truly concerned and offered any assistance we needed. They were able to direct us to the closest hospital for care. While my wife was receiving care I still needed to feed my children as it was late in the evening and the restaraunt in the hotel was not only delicious but very quick to serve us at the last minute due to our circumstances. On Easter day they allowed us to check out late at no additional fee because we were the last seating for the Easter buffet. This was extremely helpful as my wife was still very ill. Upon checking out after Easter brunch, besides being concerned for my wife's health they were equally concerned that our children were not able to enjoy their weekend to the fullest potential. They graciously gave each of them a stuffed Keeko (water park mascot) which both truly loved. They also extended us an invitation to return again once my wife has recovered for a special weekend for the entire family so that we can enjoy the resort to its fullest.

This is truly a family friendly resort with a fantastic staff, fantastic food and a real fun time. We will definitely be returning.

The Steiner Family - Oxford, MA -

3  Thank Mark S
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Well, thank you for a great review and recap of your eventful Easter Weekend for the family!
I think I recall sharing my roots from Oxford Mass too and your family's arrival at the resort.

Your gracious mentions of the team who jumped in to soften the effect of your wifes' illness was kind of you. Rest Assured, when we see an opportunity to help out a guest or family during their stay: it comes naturally for all of us to do what we can and more! Your appreciation means alot and is duly noted by all of us.

We hope your Easter weekend allowed for some positive memories as a backdrop to visiting the medical facilities nearby. Keeko Dolls for the kids will help with that too we are sure.

Thank you again for choosing us at first, bringing your family and for allowing us to help where we could! I hope to see an email of plans for a summer trip and will see you then!

Slambert@redjacketmountainview.com

Steve & Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

999 - 1,005 of 1,399 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We have been coming to the Red Jacket for years. We had no intentions of going away for Easter but we got an email about an Easter Weekend filled with activities. Our kids are 4 and 8 so away we went. We always have a wonderful experience. Rooms are clean, waterpark is great and staff is wonderful. Our waitress even remembered us from our trip in the fall. The only criticism I have about this weekend is that I don't know if anyone expected sooo many families to take advantage of the great offer. When we went to color Easter Eggs it was chaotic but most people tried to make the best of it. Also, the Easter Egg hunt was inside because of weather and it made that difficult with everyone searching in one room. However, I must say that the staff really did a great job of something I don't think anyone expected. My family and I will continue to recommend and give the Red Jacket our business.

2  Thank judy B
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you for both staying here over Easter Weekend and for taking the time for a great review! We appreciated the opportunity to have you stay and next year suggest packing coats because snow or no snow: we are all going to do an outside Egg Hunt! Mr. Zackary our Bell Captain is plotting a great Easter 2013 to ensure another fun year!

Thank you for the spur of the moment decision to stay and FYI we just signed on with the Conway Scenic Railroad for a train package that the kids will love to embark upon...Email me for details and see if you can come back again this year! Slambert@redjacketmountainview.com.

Also, thank you for the acknowledgement of our servers who recognized your family from the trip you made in the fall! Hope to hear from you or read from you soon!

Steve Lambert & Easter Fun Committee

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Took my daughters for a short stay and to use the Kahuna Laguna water park. Both are junior high school age and had a GREAT time! I thought they would get bored after and hour but they stayed in the water park for almost 5 hours. Hotel and waterpark staff is very friendly and accomodating. I am looking forwrd to returning in the near future.

1  Thank Brian P

What a nice review thank you! A frequent question is asked if 'Tweens' and 'Teens' will be bored in our waterpark. We always respond that the enclosed tubes, wave pools and tip buckets bring out the fun in all of us: No worries, everyone has a blast as you wrote. Thank you for coming up and introducing your family to our water park! We hope to have them tell their friends and let others come up for a blast!

At the end of the school year, email me for a surprise trip for them this summer and I assure you the activities outside are as engaging as anything we do...

Steve Lambert & Staff

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had a great time at the red jacket in north conway! We were looking for an inexpensive getaway for April vacation and wanted somewhere fun for the kids but didn't want to fly. Yes, its more expensive than a chain hotel with no activities, but we were comparing it against going to some big beach resort, so this was a HUGE savings and just as fun for the kids. This was 2 hours from home and the perfect getaway. The loft room was idea for our family as our 8 and 10 year olds could be up in the loft watching their own tv and it gave us a little break. The water park was a blast- lifeguards were great and it wasn't overcrowded with rude families like we have encountered elsewhere. Lots of chlorine (which is good for cleanliness, but a little tough on the system after a while). Had a power outage for about 3 hours while there the first evening and the staff, especially the manager, really stepped up, bringing out snacks and hot bevs for the kids. We hung around the bar and had a cocktail while the staff played bingo with the kids nearby to keep the kids busy in the dark. Made us feel very welcome-- who wants to sit in the room in the dark? Room was unusually quiet-- didn't hear the usual door slamming or tv next door late at night like most hotels. Kids running down the hall only-- and about 745 in the morning, I can take that! Breakfast was amazing--- omelettes and waffles made to order, hot and cold cereal, fruits, and all sorts of pancakes, french toast, bacon, etc. It rained for 3 days but it didn't matter. ONLY complaint was not about the hotel-- not many of the surrounding restaurants and activities were open since April is off season. Really hope to get back over christmas time and get some skiing in as well.

Room Tip: Loft is a great option for families with 2 children (probably age 7 and up)
1  Thank nhcannons
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Ahhhh Lemon out of Lemonade Thank you! We did have a power outage in North Conway last week and my super team did jump to the occasion and we had good ole fashion fun without power! Games and Snacks...we were lucky because the power crews had it fixed relatively quick! Thankfully we had great families like yourselves in who were not going to let that ruin your much anticipated time away together! You made it fun too!

Thank you for the great review about the staff, food and Kahuna Laguna also: my team thrives on knowing how they impress our guests! You have a league of friends here for your next trip to the Valley!

We hope you have a great spring ( it is snowing again!) and if you want to surprise plan for the kids, we just completed a Thomas The Train Package plan for the summer...Gary our Front Office Manager is the head Conductor to call and ask about it!

Thank you again, Steve Lambert & Black Out Aces!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Heard about the indoor waterpark and it lived up to most expectations. When checking in (early), our room wasn't ready but the told us another one was. They mentioned it was near the main lobby and asked if that was OK. I assumed because of the noise/foot traffic. We were OK with that but upon checkout realized it was a MOuntain View and they changed $20 more. I would have been OK with that too, just wish they would have been more upfront with that. The room was clean and setup well. The Mountain View was amazing. We spent the day at the waterpark which was easy to get to and our daughter LOVED it. We ate in the hotel restaurant that night and that was the major blemish. Slow service, mediocre food and it wasn't really that busy? It appeared as though there were only 2-3 tables per server but. We got water, placed our order and never saw the waitress again. After waiting 20 minutes for our check, we finally flagged another server who was also flagged by several other tables waiting for items as well (order, refills, etc.). There are sooo many other food options in that town, stay at the resort and eat out is all.

Room Tip: Ask for away from elevators/stairs as they can be a little loud. It's a kids resort so be prepa...
2  Thank Morno

Nice review, thank you! before you swear off Champney's dining we want to thank you for the feedback and assurance that we have a new menu that came out yesterday with a well trained Chef and Restaurant Manager looking forward to earning your recommendation to dine here when visiting! No excuses for slow service and your note was duly noticed by all!

Thank you for the mentions of the fun your kids had and your taking the time to write the review when you returned: Having first time families stay gives us a chance to make guests for life...

Steve Lambert & Dining team

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have been vacationing in the White Mountains for the past 25 years. I love staying at Red Jacket. I have stayed here for the past 5 vacations and I am looking forward to returning again in August. My son loves the indoor water park. My son loves the water park better than the Disney Cruise we had gone on a few years ago. There is a lot to do for the kids such as painting ceramics, game room and the outdoor activities the Red Jacket has. I got to enjoy the lounge with my girlfriend while the kids were having fun in the hotel activities. Peter was a great bartender and made our stay enjoyable as well as the rest of the hotel staff who were great as well. The food is also great as we have enjoyed the dinners and breakfast. We stayed in one of the loft rooms which we all loved.

Room Tip: I loved the loft room which is plenty spacious for a family to enjoy and be comfortable.
2  Thank Joseph G
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Wow, thank you for a great recap of your visit! We are proud of our cast of staff including Peter who you mentioned as awesome...We will be sure to kudos him! Thank you also for mentioning the ample room in the lofts and the activities like Pottery/Ceramics.

Our Tuesday was made by reading your feedback and we will be poised to do just as well on your next trip back!

Steve Lambert, Peter and the Team

Reviewed 23 April 2012

RJMV obviously appeals to families with children with the 40,000 sq ft water park. I was impressed with the park (as were my kids). There were 3 lifeguards on duty at all times. The rides were fun and the water very clean. You can't help but have fun at the water park. The staff was very friendly and there were plenty of towels.

Our room was clean and accomodating. Granted, this is not a brand new hotel. The TV was a throwback from th 90's. But who is there to watch TV? Free wi-fi is a plus (all hotels should offer this. I'm not downloading books, but want to check my email and shouldn't have to pay $20 to do that). Food was good, not perfect, but 4 out of 5 stars. Family package included water park and breakfast buffet with everything you could ask for.

Overall, great deal, wonderful service, fun place, going back.

Room Tip: Don't let the parking lot fool you. This is a hotel built on the side of a hill and while it may...
2  Thank Johnny2Dogs

What a great review after your vacation stay! Thank you very much...we love the feedback on the fun waterpark, clean rooms and staff helpfullness! We also are unveiling a new menu this week so your next stay will have even better food reviews too!

Free abundant Wifi is a huge amenity we tout, one of our exclusive resort offerings that we realize is necessary since a family of four or five means potentially four or five Ipod, Iphone or Ipad users who want to be connected! * Then when you want to have non-smartphone time, we will always offer family time activities like kites and egg tosses that require no wireless!

Thank you again for a visit this spring and the subsequent review: You have a friend in the business now, actually 165 of them who work here!

Steve Lambert & Team