If I was reviewing The Red Jacket 20 years ago, back then the rating wouldn't have been just average, it would have been "excellent." Unfortunately, over the years, something has happened to this once beautiful and rustic hotel. The Red Jacket used to be so very immaculate that one could count on having a great stay, knowing that they were sleeping in a clean bed, or immersing themselves in a private Jacuzzi, right inside the room!
I couldn't help but notice AlleneLS's review and had to shake my head in disbelief when she said that the "bridal suite" was just an overpriced King bedroom and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. I was under the impression that a suite would be more than just one room. Oh sure, there's a sofa, and a table to eat at, but isn't that expected? Guess what? That wasn't the bridal suite. It was simply one of the two suites that the Red Jacket only has.
I've heard reports and warnings about the bed spreads that are hardly ever washed (I used to work in a few hotel chains as a chambermaid, and I know the routine.) If it looks clean, it stays on the bed from guest to guest. The sheets do get changed, but that is expected. There's no turn down service, although for the price that they charge per night, or per weekend, they should have a turn down service, with a mint, to boot!
My husband and I stayed at The Red Jacket in North Conway b/c we wanted to get away from people. We were able to get a "promotional" offer. We took it and wished we never did. The first morning there, which was a Saturday morning, we wanted to eat our breakfast inside our suite, but after going back and forth with the manager about how the "promotional" offer we received, didn't include room service. We had to go to the dining room, or pay full price for room service. So we paid out of pocket for something that shouldn't have been argued over! I thought the industry of hospitality was just that, hospitable.
Lastly, when my husband and I were enjoying some champagne, I went into the bathroom to start filling up the Jacuzzi. I had to turn on additional lights to confirm if what I was seeing at the bottom of the Jacuzzi was what I feared it was. I don't know how to put this in a very classy manner, but the Jacuzzi wasn't cleaned very well because there was no shortage of hair in the tub; and I'm not talking about the hair on our heads. I was so grossed out after that, we ended up leaving the next day, which was a day early, but we had enough of constant disappointments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations that feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our four-bedroom Presidential homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western