Our stop in North Conway was a one stay on-route home from visiting family. We knew we wanted to try the Red Jacket MVR as we figured our toddler would love the water park (which he did). Travelling with said toddler however, meant that we weren't sure if we would reach our destination so we didn't pre-book a room.
Arriving mid-afternoon on a Saturday, as expected, it was quite busy. We wanted a room with two beds and at that time, only the townhouse units were available. They were a little more than we wanted to spend that night but it had two bedrooms, kitchen, etc and honestly was the only option unless we wanted to forego the water park, so we took it.
After settling in and visiting the water park (great!) we headed back to our townhouse for showers before finding dinner. It was at this point that we discovered that there was no hot water. A call to the front desk brought a maintenance person immediately, who spent some time trying to repair the situation. It turns out that the hot water tank was shot and we would have to be relocated, which was a pain given we had unpacked to an extent and had to deal with our two children. That said, things breakdown at times and we were ready to move to a new room.
To make up for this, the hotel offered us not just a new room but one of the presidential homes on site for the night. A brand new (2012) four bedroom house with full kitchen, dining and living areas, back deck, bbq, etc. Needless to say, it was incredible! They sent people over to move all of our baggage and offered stuffed animals and treats for the kids.
It was a significant gesture and we certainly appreciated the quick attention and upgrade. We will be back!
As we were only there for one night, we didn't sample any dining options or the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations that feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our four-bedroom Presidential homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western