This was my first time staying at Red Jacket. We are a family of 5, 2 adults, 3 kids under 8. We stayed in a loft and like others have stated, it is in desperate need of a major renovation. The upstairs loft has two twin beds and we were going to put our 3 and 5 year old there. The ceilings are so incredibly low and the rusted fence with huge openings made us very nervous to leave the 3 year old up there alone. We moved the twin beds all the way in touching the other wall, because I seriously thought the 5 year old could easily jump over the bed and fall straight down. The whole décor is straight outta the 70's. The plus side, which also matters greatly, it was very clean. Although old, the sheets, bathroom and everything was well kept, no dust. We ate at the breakfast buffet twice and I recommend getting there earlier in the time than later as once we arrived at 10, and everything was picked over and they don't replenish. The second time we arrive around 8 and everything was great. Hot, fresh fruit, the omlette station was the best, very well made. I am a foodie and cook at home regularly with high quality ingredients, so while I recommend the breakfast I do not recommend the dinner buffet. The dinner seemed made for kids than adults. It was way overpriced and really not good. Mac n cheese, chicken fingers, French fries, salad and baked chicken. Even my kids didn't like it, the dinner really needs an overhaul. The staff is lovely. Everyone is very nice, very helpful and asking if we needed anything. We also spent one day at the waterpark, Kahuna Laguna and that was really fun. If I ever stayed here again it would just be for close proximity to the waterpark, the kids really loved it and it was nice to be able to go back and forth to our room for breaks and then go back. I say the whole thing was overpriced simply because the food and accommodations are average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations (some pet-friendly) feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western