The hotel offers a variety of activities for kids, while we were there, Wii tournaments, S'mores, etc. The waterpark is great for the kids, the lifeguards are very attentive, similar to those at Disney World where they are constantly checking all points of their assigned location. The restaurant options are very good, the breakfast buffet was great as was the dinner.
We stayed on the third floor, coming out of the elevator we had to go through 2 doors in the same hallway to get to our room, one of them was down a couple of steps, not a big deal but when you're carrying a few bags the less obstacles the better.
The room itself was fine, clean and adequately sized, except it really could have used both updating and more lighting, felt like we were in a cave. Our room did face the mountains so you can't beat the view. Since there is a waterpark in the hotel, I would think that drying lines could be installed in the bathrooms. There were towel racks outside the bathroom door but I think a drying line would make more sense.
Parking could be better, and this wasn't helped by the way the check in is set up. There's a check in circle that you pull up into. You can drop your stuff off and then move on to the parking lot. The only problem is that to get from the hotel to the pool and the parking lot most of the guests have to walk across the same check in circle. The sidewalk and road aren't separated very well so there's lots of people walking through the middle of the circle while people checking in or out who are trying to drive through. I would think that the hotel could do a better job of separating the sidewalk from the road.
The hotel is less than 2 minutes from main street, in fact you could probably walk to main street on a nice night, less than five minutes from most of the outlets. Just about 10-15 minutes from Storyland, about an hour or so from Santas Village.
The staff members I came across were all very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations that feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our four-bedroom Presidential homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western