This is my family's 3rd visit to this hotel, and we look forward to many more. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Cons for the rooms: Can hear kids running down the hall (didn't seem to be an issue at bedtime) We had a shower that fluctuated from burning hot to freezing cold...but we all managed to find the "sweet spot".
The hotel employees were all amazing...very helpful with everything...no matter how small.
Everywhere in the hotel was kept as clean as possible. It was a busy time and housekeeping had a hard time keeping up with all the guests who wanted to leave trash hidden in corners and cigarette butts scattered everywhere (yes, ashtrays were readily available)
The waterpark was small but a lot of fun! We had 2 teenagers and they were very entertained. My problem with the waterpark (and it seems other had the same complaint) is the signs EVERYWHERE that tells you not outside food or drink. It's even on the doors...can't miss it...but there are a lot of people who feel that they are above the rules, or that they don't apply to them. The front desk staff for the waterpark is understaffed and have a hard time catching the people who come in lugging there coolers and/or picnic baskets (not exaggerating). I have seen everything from bologna sandwiches to 3 course meals. After watching 10-15 people munching on their free food,,,it was really under my skin. Said something to management and he looked at some offenders and just said "sorry". Um...could you have maybe said something to them about not being able to do it anymore? He didn't seem to care, and that really ticked me off. Those of us who pay for the food at the Tiki Tide Cafe are being punished. Really would have helped if I felt that he cared.
(keeping in mind, we went to the park 2 or 3 times daily and would still go back, not trashing the resort...just think they could enforce the rules more than they do)
Hubby dearest had a ziploc bag with $$ in it in his pocket...which floated away in the wave pool. Being the family resort it was, someone turned it in right away...his bag of money made it to the front desk before he even noticed it was gone 10 mins later! Honesty is refreshing.
Outside pool has been redone since we have been there last and is beautiful. The playground could use some updating though.
We love the Red Jacket, and will continue to go here...suggest it for any family with any age children!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations that feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western