“Third visit here!”

Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This is my family's 3rd visit to this hotel, and we look forward to many more. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Cons for the rooms: Can hear kids running down the hall (didn't seem to be an issue at bedtime) We had a shower that fluctuated from burning hot to freezing cold...but we all managed to find the "sweet spot".
The hotel employees were all amazing...very helpful with everything...no matter how small.
Everywhere in the hotel was kept as clean as possible. It was a busy time and housekeeping had a hard time keeping up with all the guests who wanted to leave trash hidden in corners and cigarette butts scattered everywhere (yes, ashtrays were readily available)
The waterpark was small but a lot of fun! We had 2 teenagers and they were very entertained. My problem with the waterpark (and it seems other had the same complaint) is the signs EVERYWHERE that tells you not outside food or drink. It's even on the doors...can't miss it...but there are a lot of people who feel that they are above the rules, or that they don't apply to them. The front desk staff for the waterpark is understaffed and have a hard time catching the people who come in lugging there coolers and/or picnic baskets (not exaggerating). I have seen everything from bologna sandwiches to 3 course meals. After watching 10-15 people munching on their free food,,,it was really under my skin. Said something to management and he looked at some offenders and just said "sorry". Um...could you have maybe said something to them about not being able to do it anymore? He didn't seem to care, and that really ticked me off. Those of us who pay for the food at the Tiki Tide Cafe are being punished. Really would have helped if I felt that he cared.
(keeping in mind, we went to the park 2 or 3 times daily and would still go back, not trashing the resort...just think they could enforce the rules more than they do)
Hubby dearest had a ziploc bag with $$ in it in his pocket...which floated away in the wave pool. Being the family resort it was, someone turned it in right away...his bag of money made it to the front desk before he even noticed it was gone 10 mins later! Honesty is refreshing.

Outside pool has been redone since we have been there last and is beautiful. The playground could use some updating though.

We love the Red Jacket, and will continue to go here...suggest it for any family with any age children!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2010

Thank you for being our guest!

We want to thank you for your loyalty and we appreciate your feedback. It does become overwhelming at times but we learn almost every day with the ever increased popularity of the Water Park aspect of our Resort. Our apologies, unfortunately there are always going to be people who bend the rules, we try to do our best to uphold those rules and will continue to do so. We are updating our playground this June and your comments are well taken.

We are so pleased your family had a great time as we try to exceed our guest expectations during every visit and your comments are very gratifying.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future vacation plans and thank you again for being such a loyal guest!

There are newer reviews for Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park

Reviewed 22 March 2010

We stayed a Fri, Sat, Sun at this hotel. I loved being right in North Conway village. The kids had an absolute blast at the water park. The lifeguards there seemed to be on top of everything. They constantly watched the kids and I didn't see them one chatting with each other or guests, only doing their jobs. I felt my kids were safe there.
The rooms were nice and clean. I couldn't hear anyone outside the room and this is a huge factor for me. My kids slept right through the night without waking. I did find the beds need to be updated. It wasn't the most comfortable night sleep.
I do think the hotel could spring for a few muffins and dry cereal in the morning. We paid enough, continental breakfast could be included. They don't allow you to bring your food into the water park which is unfortunate. They have a cafe there but, of course, it's not cheap. I'm sure the other water parks don't allow food either though. The staff at the hotel was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen W
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2010

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for being our Guest!

Thank you for your kind words and we are so pleased we were able to make you visit to the Red Jacket Mountainview and Indoor Water Park memorable. We take our guest feedback very seriously and your suggestions will help to make our resort better.

Thank you for the important information as we continue to strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. Please feel free to contact me personally for your future vacation plans.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

Stayed 3 nights at The Grand Hotel and one night at Red Jacket (had to stay at Red Jacket because I made that reservation first and if you try and cancel too close to check in date they keep 1 night deposit. FYI, they don't do that at the Grand Hotel). Red Jacket charged kids for breakfast, kids eat free at the Grand and adult price is a few dollars less for the same type of breakfast. Grand doesn't charge you to use the indoor or heated outdoor pools. RJ charges $20 to swim at the waterpark AND charged me $10 to sit there in my clothes and watch the kids. Dinner at the Grand Hotel was much better. The sound proofing at the Grand is far superior. We were in room 242 at RJ, bottom floor. We heard everyone above us, beside us and every screaming kid in the hallway. At the Grand - silence, we slept like babies. Biggest difference: $79 a night at the Grand (again, that included breakfast for kids and use of pools), $229 at Red Jacket.

**Ignore managers response. I gave this letter to the desk when I checked out and never heard a word from the manager. I think it's tacky if they try and fix it now only because I've posted it online.

3  Thank anorthcott
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2010

Thank you for being our guest!

We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. We take great pride in what we have to offer here at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park and there are times we are unable match those expectations of our guests although we strive to exceed those expectations for every guest.

We would welcome the chance to make this right and please feel to contact us at your convenience if that would be possible.

Reviewed 28 February 2010

We recently stayed at Red Jacket MV Resort for business & leisure. The resort was very clean, but as other reviewers noted, the pillows are of lower quality, but still suitable. My husband knew this in advance and took his. The towels were worn which was surprising. We have never stayed at any other place that had worn towels! We were on the first floor, Room 243 to be specific. We found this room to be very convenient but super noisy. For two straight nights, we listed to the family above us with unruly children who just ran back and forth all evening long. We also awoke to the same footstomps in the morning. We had our 4 y.o. son with us and he and my husband really liked the inside water park. They had a blast. All in all, this was an okay place to stay if you have kids. We would never stay here unless it was with the kids. It was very convenient to everything.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dhineman
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

Thank you for being our guest!

We appreciate you making us aware of our pillows and towels as we continually try to replace inventory to make our guest stay more pleasurable. We try to police our hallways and keep control of the noise levels within our resort at all times, but of course that does not always work out and we are sorry for the inconvenience it caused you and yours.

We are so happy you family was able to enjoy the Kahuna Laguna and the other activities and amenities we present at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park. We are a family resort, although we have and do create activities that are fun for all ages not to mention the area attractions.

Please feel free to contact me directly for you future vacation destination plans.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

We just returned from a night at the Red Jacket. The kids loved the waterpark! Our room was nice and clean. The linens and pillows weren't the best but not bad. We had the dinner buffet and the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. Both meals were surprisingly good. We paid 289.00 a night for our room, which included 4 passes to the waterpark and breakfast. I felt like I got what I paid for.

Reviewed 19 February 2010

It's funny to me folks are calling it a "very nice" hotel. Usually that price range gives you more fashionable decor, cleaner feel, better food, waaaay better service, and decent quality linens & PILLOWS. The kids had a BALL at the water park, and location is certainly convenient, but, for example, our room had a designated smoking area just outside our windows. When I went to complain I encountered a snotty young girl at the desk who made me feel like I was a jerk for complaining. Kids' playground was littered w/butts, too. Food was just okay. Pillows were walmart specials.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank happyperson_10
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2010

Thank you for being our guest!

We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations and certainly want to apologize particularly for the guest service you encountered.

We can't control some aspects of our resort, but the one area that we always strive to exceed our guest expectations is with guest service.

Please feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss measures we can take to make this right.

Reviewed 18 February 2010

Nice hotel, excellent for kids, we stayed one nite during school vacation just so the kids could go to the indoor waterpark. Though it was very pricey, the room was nice, clean, only complaint was the tub did not drain properly and you would be standing in water while showering. The staff was excellent, they had childrens activities, a nice game room and the morning breakfast buffet was great. We will definately go back.

Thank you for being our guest!

We are so pleased that you and yours enjoyed your stay here at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park!

We would also like to apologize for the tub issue and fortunately it didn't slow you down. We try to respond to every guest call and hopefully we were able to resolve yours.

We try to exceed our guest expectations and our amenities and activities we perform allow us to be a family friendly resort with numerous options throughout your vacation.

Thank you again for your kind words and please feel free to contact me directly for your future vacation destination needs.