“Great loft rooms”

Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I stayed at The Red Jacket Mountain View with a wedding party and had a great experience. The rooms were clean and spacious for a large group like us. The loft was a nice way to sneak away and get some privacy while the others stayed up. It was small, but the perfect place to crash for me (wanting to go to bed early and hide). I would have LOVED the loft space as a kid, so I recommend it to families with kids ages 6-12ish. The breakfast was really good each morning and the staff were so friendly and helpful through everything!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are so pleased you were able to enjoy the loft rooms and have some relaxing time away from the late crowd even given the smaller space! Thanks for your recommendations to other guests or more specifically family's with kids as it does create a great atmosphere for children. Glad you enjoyed the restaurants during your visit and it sounds like we got your day started off right with a hearty breakfast buffet.

Thank you again for the kind words and please feel free to contact us directly at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park with your next vacation destination plans!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 18 October 2010

I stayed at this resort with my husband and two year old son. We got off to a bad start with the reservations and services we received. We booked our hotel with request for a King size bed over the phone. When we received our confirmation we noticed it said two double bed (which mind you we are not picky), we called just to see if it could be changed and was pretty much yelled at by the assistant Wanda. If at that moment I could have cancelled my reservations I WOULD HAVE! All other questions I was to scared to even ask. We went anyways and was very happy we did. The hotel itself is in a good location close to pretty much everything you would need from resturants to stores and so on. We booked the package with the free breakfast which was awesome and view was amazing. The room wasnt as clean as we would have wanted the first day we arrived but had the most amazing housekeeper named Josie which was a joy to talk to and make us feel so welcomed and did an awesome job with our room. Josie, You made our day! The room was also very nicely decorated and I was glad I wasnt stuck in a room with four blank walls like normal hotels. (I do hate those) We took advantage of the water park and were practically the only ones there. The water was very pleasantly warm. The slides were awesome and there was plenty to do. I do wish the park was open a little earlier for those on the weekdays as it opens at 4. But still tons of fun! And wish we could have gone swimming again. Only real complaint I do have is the beds. Like I said im not a picky person but the beds were horrible. You could feel the old springs in your back all night. And everytime someone got off one of the beds it woke everyone else up because they were so loud. Both night we all got up with a back ache. The beds were very uncomfortable and I do think its time to get new ones. Other than that I do think the resort is an awesome place to take a family and most of the staff was great.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

While it sounds like it was a rough start we are so glad we were able to turn your trip around and our apologies for any poor correspondence we may have conveyed in the beginning. We are so happy you enjoyed the room and especially the Kahuna Laguna. We are currently in the process of upgrading our beds througout the resort and sorry you were not in those rooms.

We pride ourselves in exceeding guest expectations and certainly pleased that you had a wonderful experience with one of our outstanding housekeepers! We want to thank you for your kind words and hope we have the pleasure of having you and yours as a guest in the future.

A reminder, we have 12 newly renovated townhomes for larger familiesor groups!

Please feel free to contact me directly for you next visit to the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park!

Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel primarily because we made trip from massachusetts to storyland amusement park. We stayed for a night and we asked for a mountain view room which was decent and gave a us nice view. The hotel seemed nice though we spent all time in storyland and just used our room to sleep. the best part is that it is so near to storyland which solved our purpose. They have a great indoor waterpark called "kahuna Laguna" which we diidnt use but had alook at! We will definetly go again next year and intend to use the water park this time.The conway railroad is also nearby and we definetly recommend this hotel to any one planning to visit these new hampshire attractions.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shana35
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are so happy our location was convenient and the views were appealing during this wonderful fall foliage season. Storyland is a great adventure that all of our guests can enjoy just minutes from the resort and we certainly hope you return for the Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park during a future stay! We pride ourselves on the service we provide and the amenities we have to offer both at the resort and in our surrounding area.

We hope you return to the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park and please feel free to contact us directly for your future vacation destination plans!

Reviewed 8 October 2010

Was a very lovely hotel for the money we paid. Everything was as a hotel of this price should be. It was very comfortable. We even had a little balcony to sit out on and enjoy the foliage.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We truly appreciate your kind words and so glad we are able to offer the vacation experience you and yours were looking for! It's a wonderful time to enjoy the White Mountains and if you want a room with a view of the foliage the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park is the place!

Please feel free to contact us directly for your future vacation destination plans.

Reviewed 20 September 2010

I stayed here with my daughter on a whim the Sunday after Labor Day. I had read all the previous posts and was a bit weary but we decided to go for it anyway; needless to say I am so glad we did. The people at the front desk were so kind, so helpful, and willing to go out of their way for us for anything. Even offered to call Walmart to find out their closing time for me (which is midnight by the way and same for Applebees) Upon arrival, I merely wanted the standard room. I don't know why, but they found a ridiculously cheap rate (way under the one I was quoted online), only charged me for one admission to the water park since we had an hr. left, and upgraded my room. I found that to be extremely courteous and because of those kind gestures alone I will most definately be returning. Quickly my daughter and I got ready in our relatively convenient room....the billions of doors, yes that is a serious pain in the ace and they really need to do something about that. Our room was great. It was very clean, decor was beautiful and it had oh so comfy king bed with the best pillows ever. Plenty of light in the room (as my daughter and I stayed up eating junk food playing boards games ...) I only wish they installed a light on our balcony so we could have played out there. The view was magnificent even at night! The water park was fabulous as my daughter and I were the only ones there, if it were busy I would not be saying the same thing as it is extremely small. However, the lifeguards followed us everywhere and did quite a good job despite how bored they were since my daughter is three and stayed in the areas where you really can't drown.

My only gripes were the doors, the parking that is way too far away, the restaurant only being open until nine, and the paper thin walls. With that being said, one should take those complaints with a grain of salt because there really isn't anythign you can do when the building is extremely old. I will say this, I complained about the people above us keep me up all night because I could hear them and their romper room to the girl as I was checking out. The very kind agent at the front desk very very politely said, "did you call down here? "I said "No, it's not your fault and you probably can't do much being such an old building." Again she responded so nicely, "Actually yes, ma'am we would have been happy to contact that room and ask them to walk "lightly"." I was so shocked and said, "Oh well, when I return next time if I have issues with neighbors I will most definately inquire." Her sweet response was "Yes, please do, that's our job". So impressed I can't wait to return in the winter and will definately be staying here when we go to Storyland next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Connelly C
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

Thank you so much for your kind words and so pleased we were able to make your vacation memorable! We take your concerns very seriously and appreciate your understanding that though we try, we can not control every situation. We will be a better resort thanks to Guests like you!

The fact you enjoyed the amenities along with the guest service we provide certainly is rewarding and reinforces that we are doing the right thing. Our goal at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park is to exceed our Guest expectations at all times.

Reviewed 18 September 2010

Our room had an odor to it but nothing too horrendous. One of the lights above the sink was out so getting ready a guessing game. The overall lighting in our room was poor. One very bright light above bed so if one of us wanted to sleep while the other read, someone would be unhappy! The site says there are trails off the hotels grounds..not true. one 'trail" that is a 10 yard path through trees to a field where theres a hole in the ground where apparently there is a pond in the spring. This is NOT a trail and shouldnt be labeled so. The food was great, the views, magnificent! i was also happy there was a gym I used twice. Pool looked great but unfortunately , it was too cold to use. Did enjoy the waterpark!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RoseL2
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our guest!

We are pleased you were able to enjoy your stay and we will certainly address the concerns you provided for us. We take these comments seriously and they enable us to be a better business. I must apologize if we did not direct you to our hiking/snowmobile trail that leads to Pudding Pond and the base of Mount Cranmore across the North/South Road on the back side of our Resort. Point taken and possibly more signage is needed to better direct our guests, thank you.

It sounds like the family was able to enjoy the amenities we offer and especially the Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park! We strive to exceed our guest expectations and it is very nice to hear some of those offerings provide that experience!

Reviewed 31 August 2010

First, the parking situation is RIDICULOUS. You cannot park your car anywhere near the entrance to hotel or your room.

Upon check in, no luggage carts. I asked someone and was told to use a dolly. Seriously? So I talked to "Tony", who was completely useless in explaining anything to me, like water park, whereabouts of room, dining, etc. Asked about room, was promised a loft room with 2 full beds and if available, a loft with a queen. I was told they were at 98% capacity and I wasn't even getting a loft. TERRIFIC. Asked for a loft with queen for the 2nd night, said YES. Also asked about pack n plays. Tony said that they are already set up in room and call if they are not.

So I went to tell hubby (with 3 tots in tow, one being a 2 month & others are 4 and 2) our room was ready. Asked about a luggage cart, I said, "they don't have any. you have to use this dolly." We both could NOT believe it.

Our room was 201, THE FURTHEST ROOM POSSIBLE from the lobby. You have to go through 8 doors that you have to hold open in order to get to room. 3 Sets of 2 doors where halls connect and they aren't even close enough so that you can hold them for each other. SO DUMB! Esp. with tired kids and a newborn and a DOLLY!!!!!!!!! hallways were also very warm.

Get to LAST ROOM ON LEFT with alcove room with one twin bed. SO BAD. Small room, old tv, terribly noisy A/C that didn't get very cool and a BROKEN PHONE!!!!!!! We had to hold the wire in to call 0 to GET OUR OTHER PACK N PLAY-not in room!!!

The pack n play that WAS there was from 1970 with a bottom sheet that didn't even go with pack n play-big time safety hazard. complained about that. asked for 2 new ones, only got one. other one was an old school crib with broken bolts-no joke. how safe is this?

went through the MANY door with 3 kids to get to front desk to complain about terrible pack n plays and TONY said, "we have bed rails....." NO TONY, bed rails do not fix pack n plays. Then he said, "I can give you a few blankets" to fix the unsafe, incorrect mattress bit to pack n play- NO TONY, that won't work either for my NEWBORN!!!!????? SERIOUSLY?

First night was AWFUL. I didn't sleep a wink-bed was not good and I couldn't even sleep with my husband. (2 doubles). My 2 year old was in the pack n play that NEVER got replaced and he was up all night with me as well. I brought him in my bed around 2AM. Finally fell asleep at about 4am.

At 6am, we were all woken up by a woman saying, "CHLOE, GET UP CHLOE" for about 30 mins. "Dad's in the shower, get up CHLOE" This is because Chloe's alcove room had a door attached to OUR room and we could hear EVERYTHING. RIDIC. Awesome.

Story Land will be fun.......

Thank God it was.

Came back to hotel around 3 on Sunday. I asked for our new room. A woman said, "oh, you didn't pack up.....if you had packed up earlier we could have moved your room for you!" WELL, wouldn't that be nice if i had been told!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we packed everything up and demanded help to be moved. Was certainly expecting a queen bed, since that was my request made over the phone before we arrived AND when speaking with TONY the day before.

We move to new room (LOFT) on other side of hotel (less doors to go though, thank GOD), but you still have to walk through their restaurant to get to your room. WEIRD. And what kind of beds do we get? 2 more flippin' DOUBLES!!!??? What kind of hotel doesn't have queen beds? SERIOUSLY?

Now, the bell boy who helped my husband move our luggage on the dolly was very nice. He also brought in 2 infant type cribs (still pretty bad, but we didn't have the nasty, unsafe pack n play situation.) This guy was the only nice thing about the hotel thus far....

I guess they are making money off Kahuna Laguna and don't care very much about their guests quality of stay. TONY should find a new job. He was SO uninformative and useless.

To top it off, this stay was paid for by a local sponsor and I am meant to BLOG about my trip. Hmmmmm. Upon checkout I was told I had a balance-they didn't even KNOW that my stay was complimentary and they certainly didn't go out of their way to make my stay a nice one.

When we got home (THANK GOD) to our own beds (nice to see my husband again) I had a message. Guess who it was-TONY! He was calling me (at home) to tell me that if we packed up our first room before 1pm, they would move our stuff for us. How nice. And I'm guessing they called my home phone because they knew the phone in room was broken and that I might be home???? hmmmmmm. Good one Tony.

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at. Can't get over how FAR we had to walk to get to our car. No one can park near their room. No luggage carts, doors EVERYWHERE, broken phones, no soap dishes in shower, (quick bathfitter jobbers). For what is supposed to be a family friendly hotel, I found it to be the worst set up EVER for families. From beds to layout of hotel to way too many doors. Buy some updated pack n plays before a crib death occurs.

I wish I took pictures.......

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank AnnieStow
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent visit to the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park. We do have parking that is away from the guest room, but also offer bell service to all guests and we are sorry if we did not convey that to you at check-in. We are sorry for the location of your room and the subsequent process that you had to endure in changing rooms and happy that our bell person was able to accommodate this move.

We will take these comments seriously and thank you for your feedback as these comments will help make us a better resort for future guests. We hope this and isolated incident and it's certainly not the sentiment of our other resort guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly as we would absolutely want to turn this around and make it right!