Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with Stables
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in North Conway
See available hotels
View Hotel
Eastern Slope Inn(North Conway)
View Hotel
Maple Leaf Motel(North Conway)
Briarcliff Motel(North Conway)
Colonial Motel(North Conway)
View Hotel
School House Motel(North Conway)
Junge's Motel(North Conway)
View Hotel
Forest Glen Inn(North Conway)
View Hotel
All reviewshorseback ridingsleigh rideb bhomemade muffinsevery morningother guestsnew englandcathedral ledgeown bathroombreakfast was deliciousecho lakecookiesspent nightsfrench toasthome away from homegas fireplaceoff the beaten path
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We (two adults) were planning to only stay one night in North Conway but after talking to Rick on the phone it was apparent this was a special place. We booked two nights in the Captain's room. The room is located on the second floor at the front. The bed was very comfy and the room well appointed. A slight word of caution on the front rooms, you can get road noise with the windows open which could be of concern if you are a light sleeper. In our case this was not an issue.

From the moment we arrived Rick and Charlene made us feel at home. They are very warm and sociable people who provide a great country vibe and amazing insight into the area. They recommended excellent places to eat and golf which we took advantage of and were highly impressed with the quality and service. The breakfasts were plentiful with Rick tending to your every request.

The horse back riding was a bonus to have on site and we enjoyed a morning ride. Thanks to Bob and Charlie our horses.

They have a wonderful garden with pond that we relaxed in sipping wine before dinner. An added bonus was being entertained by Freckles and Max the two goats. Such fun!!

We had a wonderful time, met some interesting people and left completely happy stay. Thank you Rick and Charlene you were amazing hosts. We truely will be back!

Richard & Maureen

Room Tip: Rooms away from road are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelbers
rexidnight, Owner at Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for your nice review! It was fun getting to know you. Charlene

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Absolutely loved this place! The experience was truly great. I have a family of 4, my kids are actually pretty much grown and we had a suite, two rooms with an adjoining bath. It worked out absolutely perfectly. My husband who is iffy on the B&B experience honestly felt it was the best place we stayed on our whole vacation. The breakfasts were excellent, Charlene and Rick were warm, friendly and helpful. Great resource of things to do places to go and eat, even places for further into our trip. We went for a ride on the horses and that was really enjoyable as well. The history of the place is so interesting. I will really return in the future!

Room Tip: Contact inn keepers directly to discuss your needs they are extremely helpful in customizing your experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Teresa C

Thanks much for your comments. We look forward to your return! Charlene and Rick

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in July and hated to leave. I am writing this review as I comfortably lie here in my room on my last night. My husband and I stayed here with our 2 teenage children. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the first level. Rick and Charlene are amazing people making you feel as if you have known them for years. I consider myself a hotel snob. I can be very critical of accommodations and am happy to report that this place is a slice of heaven.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful showcasing horses, goats, chipmunks, hummingbirds etc...Rick was kind enough to let my daughter go into the horse field to hand feed them apples. His kind and caring soul touched my heart.
I can not imagine staying anywhere else in New Hampshire! ! Thank you Rick and Charlene for letting us into your home!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Roseanne3

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the nice comments!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family just completed a 3 night stay at this historic farm house. We had 2 joining rooms with a shared bath. The views could be lovely, but the house was close to the road and there was quite a bit of traffic. The smaller room, Father's Room, where my 2 daughters slept was very small, indeed. There was not enough room to walk around the bed. The North Woods room was larger and had some breathing room, but there was not enough storage for 2 people to unpack small suitcases. There are WiFi passwords posted all around the house, but we could never seem to connect.

My bigger issues are with the lack of attention to detail. We had emailed in advance about small dietary needs and also the need for an early breakfast as we had to leave at 6:30am in order to attend a special event at Mt. Washington. When we were ready to leave early in the morning, a family of 4 were presented with 2 mugs of coffee on the kitchen table - to be consumed there and 4 slices of banana bread with butter available to be placed on the bread. Many years ago we stayed at a different B & B in the same region as a couple and when we needed to leave quite early for an early rock climb, we were provided with full breakfasts that were packaged for travel (muffins/quick bread, fruit, breakfast sandwiches), as well as coffee in travel mugs. On our second morning, we were not served a complete meal even though we had a lovely table on the deck. Our dietary needs about not being able to eat pork were completely disregarded. When it was brought to their attention, we could hear the inn keepers inside the kitchen possible look at the email and they said, oh yeah, no pork. They apologized, but there was not another side dish offered to accompany our eggs and toast after starting with some pastry and fruit. The whole house smelled like bacon and we were thankful that no one in our party had an allergic reaction. On our third and final morning, we were served a muffin and fruit and had eggs and cottage fries. I have never been to a B & B where a meal was repeated.

The whole house had smelled from cooked fish when we checked in on a Saturday evening - even upstairs in the guest rooms. The morning with the bacon incident had the whole house smelling of bacon, as well. I think that a good exhaust fan would be helpful in the kitchen. We also got locked out of the house one night which was very unpleasant. We arrived at the inn before 9:00pm and the front door was locked. There was a handwritten sign stating to ring the doorbell in a particular manner if it was a true emergency. That didn't work. I then called the inn and I got a recording which left an emergency phone number. We called the number and got a FAX machine instead of a person. We received numerous bug bites before being able to walk around the back, through two locked gates, in the dark, up the deck and in through the kitchen.

For the rate that we paid, I was expecting higher quality amenities in the bathroom, full homemade breakfasts and snacks available in the afternoon. The cookie plate was almost always empty. Some people might consider our experience as part of the New England charm, but I just thought their was disorganization and a lack of attention to detail which would have made us, as guest, feel welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank audiobabe

It is unfortunate that the family was not entirely happy with our inn, but we were not aware of any issues at the time and if we were we would have been happy to accommodate them as much as possible. The breakfast was served on the patio overlooking the gardens mountains and horses. We apologized for offering them meat, however it was not put on their plate and we offered them something meatless the next day and eggs ANY STYLE. Most people enjoy the smell of breakfast and coffee in the morning. Our cookies are homemade and very popular-I guess an innkeeper you cant make enough cookies to please everyone!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

During our tour of New England in June, my wife and I called Rick and Charlene the same day we were seeking a room for the night. We enjoyed our stay so much, we spent 2 nights at their lovely B&B which has been in Rick's family since before this Country was founded! The rooms and common areas have a warm feel with all of the trappings you'd expect from a quaint country home. Barb's souflette waffles and the varieties of birds Rick attracts to his feeders and flower garden add to the charm of this place. Our last day there, we took advantage of horseback riding through beautiful trails and fields - seeing turkey, deer, and geese along the way. If you're anywhere in the White Mountains of NH, give them a call - you'll fall in love as we did!

--Tom from Pittsburgh