“A great Inn at a great price”
Review of Nereledge Inn

Nereledge Inn
Ranked #16 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed a couple of nights with the folks at the Nereledge Inn in North Conway and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Inn is very comfortable and cozy. The Inn keepers are very friendly and accommodating. The Inn is off the main drag in North Conway, but a short walk to everything. I would recommend this Inn to all who like the Inn experience. I know we will be back when we get back to North Conway

Room Tip: Call the Inn for room recommendations, they are very helpful
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KurtZ795

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hiked in the "Seek The Peak" as well as waterfall rappelling with Northeast Mountaineering and needed some place to stay! I had stayed at Nereledge Inn back in Feb 2013 and enjoyed my stay very much, especially impressed with the quiet of this inn. I stayed in the same room and slept well both nights!! Thank you Steve and Laura for a wonderful stay. This is my B&B to stay whenever I'm in North Conway! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lovena H
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I've been staying at the Nereledge Inn for almost 10 years. I've stayed by myself while attending classes at IME and with significant others. I brought my wife for the first time this weekend and we weren't disappointed. Steve and Laura are always super friendly and accommodating, thanks for the loaner ski jacket Steve! You can walk easily to N Conway or towards the river if you want to swim or star gaze. Steve is a super cook, so breakfasts are always a treat. The inn isn't fancy, but clean and comfortable. It is my home when in N Conway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I attended an ice climbing clinic at the 20th Mt. Washington Valley Ice Fest (IME) and this B&B was highly recommend. And what a great B&B it is! Originally I was going to just stay one night but I got in late on Friday night so I stayed over Saturday so that I could attend dinner at Flatbread Pizza and watch the presentations at the Theater In The Woods. Owners Steve and Laura Glassover were very hospitable and I found the place to be very clean and uber quiet! There are no televisions in the rooms, yaaay! But if you must watch, there are tvs in the two large common areas on the first floor. There is a guest pantry stocked with glassware, silverware, a sink, a micro wave, fridge and electric kettle. I used the electric kettle to fill my flask with hot green tea to take with me to the ice climbing crag. There are two large common areas and many, many books! My room was on the 3rd floor and it was the “Standard” room with its own bathroom and super comfy queen-sized bed. Both mornings I sat near the fireplace and had a delicious breakfast of coffee, OJ, eggs (from their chickens) and toast that was prepared. Usually just breakfast is available but I had nowhere to get a decent lunch to bring along on my ice climbing clinic. So the prepared a sandwich for me to take along with a small package of cookies! I loved my stay here and plan to use the inn when I need a place to stay while in North Conway. You cannot go wrong for the price! Nereledge Inn is located within walking distance of all the shops and eateries so I walked to IME (International Mountain Equipment).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lovena H
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at Nereledge recently while touring New Hampshire. It was easy to find and park. It is a traditional house with lots of original features and feels homely. The room was fairly basic but comfortable and quite. We were on the second floor, so carrying large suitcases up was not an option. Steve, the owner, was knowledgeable on the area and gave us lots of pointers to make the most of our stay. A simple but tasty breakfast is served in the dining room. The guest house is located within easy walking distance of the town and the Conway Railway. Good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at ground or first floor level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MORREY
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Nereledge Inn at 94 River Road in North Conway, in 2011. Eco- friendly, and sustainable lodging, this 11 room bed and breakfast owned by Steve and Laura Glassover has a pantry for the guests, dining room and game room, and a family friendly atmosphere.
Guests can enjoy the outdoors, hiking, climbing, river rafting and fishing and still be close enough to enjoy the shopping and restaurants in the center of North Conway.
Steve and Laura were one of the first to spearhad the program for NH sustainable lodging, and have been recognized and awarded for their lodding being part of the NH sustainable lodging program.
Though they hold no claims to be a romantic getaway, i personally found thier B&B very cozy and would consider it as a romantic getaway personally.
The owners are extremely nice, and their hospitatlity was outstanding. I highly recommend the stay if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dana V
Reviewed 19 October 2012

A party of three recently retireds touring New England in the Fall, we voted this our best accommodation out of our 7 stops. North Conway itself is really only a long strip of shops, restaurants etc, without a great deal of character, but The Nereledge Inn could not be more different. You turn off the main road, go about a quarter of a mile and you are in another world. It’s quiet, quaint and charming. Steve and Laura run the inn and do so with great warmth. They provided us with good breakfasts in the dining room, including delicious omelettes using eggs from their chickens, as well as fresh fruit, juice etc, all served with a smile. Steve was EXCELLENT at supplying useful info, from eating out choices to what to visit, and the whole family made the place very homely. Addressing negatives raised by other reviews, I’d underline that this is NOT a modern, soulless B&B. No, it does not offer TV, but I didn’t go to the States to sit in front of a TV screen. Yes, the floors are slanting, but I wouldn’t arrive in a house dating from the eighteenth century and want even floors as a priority. The decoration in the rooms is a little faded, but that merely adds to the charm. The bathrooms are absolutely fine. No digital showers or Jacuzzis, but they are clean, work perfectly and provide all that you need. There is a large lounge in which you can relax (LOADS of books just begging to be picked up and read!) and a small kitchen set aside for guests’ use, where we happily made ourselves cups of tea and coffee whenever we needed one. Wi-Fi signal was good in main lounge and one of our rooms, although not in the other, but again, we didn’t go to the States to spend hours on our laptops. Instead, we chatted to Steve, interacted with the family, and used Nereledge as a great base for exploring the White Mountains. If you like 5* luxury, you’ll be underwhelmed by Nereledge. If you enjoy clean, comfortable facilities in a quirky, characterful, warm, charming B&B, you’ll love it. No reservations at all about recommending it.

Room Tip: Given its location, no rooms are noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends