“Great Surprise. Can't wait to return!”

Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I just got back from a night at the Red Elephant. It was wonderful! I was a little leery due to the low price, but the other reviews calmed my nerves. I am so glad I booked it!

The owners were very friendly and accommodating. The room was great, and the location was perfect! If I could have given a higher score for service and value, I absolutely would have!!

So the bed wasn't the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but I got a good night sleep in a nice room after a fun night out.

We awoke to the smell of bacon and coffee and made our way downstairs where we were greeted by Rob who invited us to sit down for breakfast.

It started with homemade Italian donuts that were absolutely amazing!!! Then a glass with cut strawberries and cream, followed by the most delicious scrambled eggs I have ever had! The home fries were to die for and the crispy bacon... OMG, I can't wait to go back!!!

For the price, the lodging would have sufficed. Add the RIDICULOUS breakfast, and it's a no brainer... You MUST stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank NHParrothead

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I will not stay anywhere else when I visit North Conway again. Too notch rooms, service and comfort. The owner was more than accommodating for our special weekend in orchestrating my proposal to my fiancé. The Ref Elephant Inn is 29:0 for successful proposals for a reason and was more than happy to involve them in this special weekend. Thanks again!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Baldridges1
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had no problem booking our room for a January ski weekend. Our room was warm & cozy; adequate bathroom as well. Our host, Rob, was very helpful with restaurant and activity recommendations. Breakfasts were ample, varied, and delicious. He catered individually to the gluten free member of our foursome. Also a great location-on a side street away from traffic; adequate parking..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailordog
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful night at this B&B. Really enjoyed the fireplace in our room, the bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was fantastic! Rob gave us a great dinner recommendation (Delaney's - Awesome wings!) and was a truly gracious host.
We would definitely stay here again, in fact it might just be the primary reason for us returning to N. Conway next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Red Elephant Inn for 2 nights at end of September during a New England 'Fall visit'. We are not normally B & B clients when travelling but can recommend the Red Elephant experience and the New York room which was very large and comfortable.
Rob is easy going, helpful and accommodating and cooks a great breakfast (offering more than one choice). He was fully booked when we were there and despite everyone arriving for breakfast at the same time and all ordering the same meal Rob took it in his stride and delivered the goods.
The complimentary tea , coffee and wine added to an enjoyable experience. If we had any criticism it would be that the bath towels were past there 'use by date' but this was a minor criticism.

Room Tip: Recommend the New York room for size and mountain view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deaken47
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My honey and I stayed at the Red Elephant Inn on the day after Thanksgiving. Robb, the owner, and his charming Sheltie dog, Brody, greeted us warmly. Rob was easy going about check-in and check-out. He truly is accommodating, with a generous spirit. He offers wine, teas, coffee, and chocolate treats for all to enjoy. The place is clean and cozy. We enjoyed the common room with the gas fireplace to relax and have a glass of wine. The breakfast was great. The other guests were pleasant and friendly. We enjoyed our stay, and hope to go back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My hubby and i stayed for one night at this lovely place. The inn keeper was very gracious and accomodating. He upgraded us to the largest room , the Hollywood Room with no extra charge ,because the fireplace in the room we booked wasn't working. The room was very lovely,and clean,and had a nice fire place ,which we loved having. The breakfast was very nice . We will be back again maybe in the Summer .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple