“We love it and we already booked next trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fox Ridge Resort

Fox Ridge Resort
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Billerica, Massachusetts
“We love it and we already booked next trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Wonderful family resort! The staff was very friendly. The rooms were great size, comfy beds, very clean. The indoor pool was a lot of fun. The breakfast buffet was great- it had everything you would want! Movie night was fun!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our family had a wonderful time at the hotel. The children loved the water park at the Red Jacket and enjoyed the hotel activities at Fox Ridge.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I've stayed at the Fox Ridge Resort at least 8 times in the past 10 years and keep coming back because of the wonderful service. With indoor and outdoor pools, kid-centric activities all summer long and mini-golf onsite...it's a great value. While I was poolside, I noticed a little girl had gotten hurt trying to climb out of the pool. The manager came over with ice and brought her a popsicle...then came back with popsicles for all the kids poolside...my kids were psyched. The breakfast can't be beat...free with stay and includes eggs, pancakes, continental breakfast, and almost everything to accommodate. The rooms are a little dated, but clean, and there is a fridge in the room which is perfect for vacationing families. We were also able to buy tickets to the water park at their sister site (Red Jacket) and got to take a free shuttle there and back. I can't say enough about the staff I encountered during my stay...everyone extremely nice. I definitely plan on returning next year.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FoxRidgeNorthConway, Manager at Fox Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Thank you for your repeat visits to our resort. Our poolside popsicles are a big hit with the kids. And the breakfast buffet has been getting great reviews. Our sister resort has the Kahuna Laguna indoor Water Park and with our free shuttle you can leave the driving to us. Look forward to your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

My wife and I took our 2 boys (4 1/2 and 1 1/2) back to North Conway to have some fun at Storyland and Santas Village (way better than Storyland!). I had stayed at Fox Ridge a few other times years ago but it was mostly just to sleep and I never used any of the other facilities.

Originally I was going to rent a house like we did last year but after the 100 degree days we have in 2010 and no air conditioning in most of the rental homes, I was easily convinced to look for a more traditional means of lodging. A buddy from work told me about the family alcove rooms at Fox Ridge and it sounded like a good plan so we decided to give it a try.

The room(s) were a perfect size for a family of 4 and the kids loved their "own" room (of course they quickly migrated onto our beds later in the night!). We had a large balcony with mountain views which was beautiful. I wish we had more time to sit and relax but we were so busy during most of the trip that we were too tired to relax!

After our daily activities, we ended up using the indoor pool each night with the kids. the indoor pool is quite lage and the shallow end is about 3 feet on one side and 3 1/2 feet on the other side so my older boy could stand with no issues. The kids had so much fun in the pool that we let them stay up several hours past their normal bedtime...OK, I was having a blast too. But with little kids, I was unable to enjoy the hottub that was by the indoor pool...maybe next time. We also never got to use the outdoor pool as it was a bit cold out at night (60's) when were were around to swim.

The breakfast.....what to say....I was not expecting this. I was thinking the breakfast would be coffee, juice and some fruit and toast. Nope...it was a full buffet with both cold items and hot items. The bacon was awesome. I swear I ate at least 5 pounds of bacon in the 3 days we ate there!! The breakfast was a nice bonus to our overall stay at Fox Ridge.

Another thing that my kids loved was the little plyground area with the swingsets and slides. It was nice to have so many options at a hotel in North Conway.

It was never crowded at the pools or breakfast area and it was very quiet at night. My only issue was the rather slow wi-fi internet connection. I shouldn't complain because it was free access but it was almost useless due to the slow speeds (I believe they are on a very old B standard rather than G or N).

Overall, we had an incredible time and we will most likley stay here again.

Room Tip: The Family Alcove rooms give you a small room with twin beds where kids can sleep. The extra cost i...
1 Thank Matthew K
Thank you for the great review. Your right our alcove rooms are perfect for families. Our guests enjoy the choice of both indoor and outdoor pools. And Chef Crystal was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed her breakfast buffet. We look forward to your return trip. Again Thank you for time and great review.
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

the staff was not just friendly it was coming home to family you hadn't seen in a while.All the staff from front end,transportation,cleaning and spa there was not one person who did not go out of their way to make sure you had what you needed. By the time we left there we were on a first name basis.We planned on going with just are two kids but ended up with a couple more so six people one room ( lord help me) these sweet people changed rooms for me no hassle its nice to see that this resort really means what they say and do it with a smile. thanks emma,emily,bobbie,tracy, and the rest of the gang see you soon. The Sylvias

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review. Fox Ridge Resort is like home to us too! Emma, Bobbie, Tracy and the rest of the crew are looking forward to your return visit.
Have a great day.
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 5 year old, 2 year old) really enjoyed our stay. The staff is very personable and helpful. The rooms were clean and just the right size for us. We stayed in an alcove room with a balcony that had a gorgeous view of the mountains and the hotel grounds, including the pool. Breakfast was just right: a mix of cold stuffs (cereals, fruit, yogurts, bagels, muffins) and hot stuffs (pancakes, eggs, potatoes, sausage etc.) The kids loved getting to use both the indoor and outdoor pools. It is located only 10 minutes from Storyland where we spent most of our playtime. The staff was great. One staff member spent a good 10 minutes with me figuring out where we would eat dinner. Another staff member graciously brought us extra linens at 1am when my older son got sick in the middle of the night. And before we left on the last day, the desk manager gave us a t-shirt for my boy who was sick. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The Alcove rooms with a balcony, overlooking the mountains and pool are the best
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FoxRidgeNorthConway, Manager at Fox Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Thank you for taking time to write your review. Our alcove and family loft rooms are very popular and the mountain views are some of the best. I love hearing how great the staff was because I see it everyday, Amazing staff! We all look forward to your return visit.
Fox Ridge Resort
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We go every year and always a great time. The staff is great and the kids love it.

Room Tip: The loft rooms are great for the kids.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family