“Great Location but....”

Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed the last weekend in July and you can't beat the location of this motel. Close to outlet malls, restaurants, grocery stores - all within walking distance. Staff were great as well, but the room was a little "tired". We were on the first floor directly across from the kiddie park. We do not have small children any longer but I can understand why families would love this feature, along with the outdoor pool (which was wonderful). The room itself is a little outdated - carpets need to be changed, lamp shades should be changed as well. But bathroom was very clean :) One word of advice - BRING YOUR OWN PILLOWS! Not sure if it was just the room we stayed in but they were horrendous. Complimentary breakfast was good; staff work very hard to keep everything stocked. Bottom line - I do feel the room was overpriced but I believe you are paying for location, which was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Linda-GGI, Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thank you for taking your time to write a review, You are right our location is awsome and the beds are work in progress. We have just ordered a shipment of new pillows!!!! Brand new puffy pillows. Kudos to our staff they are the BEST, every reviewer has commented on our wonderful employees! We are so lucky to have the best team at the Green Granite!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

If you like the sound of a running toilet, uncomfortable bed, and a cold shower in the morning, all for the low price of the low price of $160, then this place is for you.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashdarem

I am sorry about the water situation we did have a boiler go down early that morning. The boiler has been replaced and things are working great. If you would llike to contact me at our direct number I would like the chance to discuss your stay. I can not fix a problem that I dont know about. It would have better to speak with a manager and resolve a problem immediatley.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

After reading the reviews on this place we asked for a room in the newer section of the building. To start the rooms were dirty. While my wife and I were unloading the luggage, my 3yr old pops up from the floor with a pill in her mouth(my wife told the staff for whatever good that may have done). Nice vacumm job people!! The walls and ceiling had that yellowish tint. Pieces of the lampshades would fall to the floor as we went to turn on the light. I told my kids to wear their shoes as the floor had that moist feeling to it. The glass slider was very difficult to open and close, the screen fell off multiple times(as did our nieghbors). The staff was very friendly and I am sure they would have done something, but for $160 plus a night I just don't need to deal with this. Being a person of adventure I am not immune to sleeping in suspect places, but for the cost I believe this place to be overpriced. Not sure if it was psycho sematic or what, but I was up all night my last night with the itch(that bed spread skeeved me out-as did the drapes). The tub and toilet needed a wipe before using.. All in all I will look elsewhere next time.

8  Thank JMPD123
Linda-GGI, Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

We are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Green Granite. I am very sorry to hear about the pill you child found under the bed, your right we should have done a better job vacuuming! The rate that you paid was for a storyland package which included lodging, breakfast and Story Land tickets, and at anytime you are allowed to check out. I did go the room I dont see a yellow tint but I did check the housekeeping records and your spread was washed the morning of your arrival. We have onsite laundry and wash our spreads a on a regular basis.

Although they are green and not my taste either they are clean. In the future when you travel always know you have a choice instead of being unhappy for three nights you should talk to the manager (I am there more than I am home) or just check out! Most innkeepers are sensitive to that and will not penalize you. I am happy that you found our staff friendly thet are the BEST!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My family and I stayed there last week and the hotel is great!
The staff is so friendly and the room was great!
My kids loved the outdoor pool, it was so hot, we spent all day
by the pool, and my little one's loved the complimentary hot breakfast
as well. I cant say enough good things about the Green Granite, we
cant wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Breakfast is great!!!
2  Thank SFHChelsea
Linda-GGI, Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

So happy to hear you all had a great time. This summer has certainly been hot so the outdoor pool is the popular place to be! Our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast has something for everyone. We hope to see you again the next time you are in North Conway! Be sure to tell all your friends about the Green Granite!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My family and I stayed at this wonderful hotel/motel for our annual trip to Storyland! We had the BEST stay! Beautiful lobby, clean rooms, helpful staff! The indoor and outdoor pools were a huge hit with our 4 1/2 year old son...he called the cool water fountain feature of the outdoor his "mini water park" lol...so cute, nice touch! The playground was nice too! My husband and I were happy to relax in the hot tub. The breakfast was so much better than your average continental...great selection! Close to everything! I can not say enough good things about your hotel, and the other guests we met during our stay agreed that this is a fabulous lodging option for the North Conway area.

2  Thank LaurenEileen
Linda-GGI, Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

We are all so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Green Granite. Hopefully we will be your annual lodging choice! Glad your son enjoyed our little water feature and we love the pictures you posted!
The pools and playground are very popular and our complimentary breakfast is always a hit with all.
We have a great team of employees here at the Green Granite. We strive for excellence and are happy that you had a great time with us! Thank you for choosing the Green Granite, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Green Granite Inn is a great place to take children. The two pools - indoor and outdoor- and playground make it a great choice. The lobby has a little tractor, and lots of stuffed animals (I mean, real animals - stuffed) - that make it look like an old hunting lodge. My son thought it was pretty cool!

The staff are super friendly. That is one thing I saw in the other reviews and it was definitely true! They were helpful to everyone who came and asked them questions. They always made us feel welcome!

Breakfast is a typical hotel breakfast - like the Holiday Inn or the Residence Inn. Basically pastries, bagels, cereal, eggs, sausage. It's not fantastic - but it's free. The next day we had breakfast at the White Mountain Cider Company - much recommended!

The room we stayed in was on the first floor in one of the outer buildings. The decor was a bit dated - green plaid walls, the older "coverlet" style that hotels used to use, before many changed to using down comforters. The carpet and couches in dark muted colors definitely hid stains well and are probably a good choice for a family hotel. With all this in mind, we were very comfortable there - at home - because with a small child, there is nothing more uncomfortable than a fancy upscale hotel room filled with breakable objets d'arte. The bed was actually particularly comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows provided. Plenty of towels were provided and the soaking tub in the bathroom was nice. The TVs were older but worked well and had cable. The kitchen had a supply of dishes, a microwave and a mini-fridge. It's not luxury, but compared to prices of nearby hotels with suites, we feel that we got what we paid for.

Location-wise, it is right in the middle of North Conway. You are right next to Settler's Green, Starbucks, Hannafords (supermarket). There are restaurants all up and down this strip, and many of the sights are only a few minutes away. It was a great location to be in the middle of the action. Perhaps because of the heatwave - and the fact that we came midweek - North Conway didn't have its usual wall-to-wall traffic.

I can only make one complaint. We washed most of our dishes ourselves, but there was no sponge to do so. So, I thought - perhaps the housekeeping staff washes the dishes when they come. We had one dish that was unwashed - and it was still unwashed when we returned.

OK two - My other complaint would be that the hot tub in the indoor pool room looked rather strange. It was filled with bubbles and also some green colored stuff on top of the bubbles. It just didn't look clean to me! Maybe it was just a temporary situation.

1  Thank ShannonSomervilleMA
Linda-GGI, Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review for us. We are all so proud to work here and have a great TEAM of employees! The pools are awesome and the free breakfast is convenient. In other responses I have mentioned our location is second to none and I will repeat this line because our guests love it. It is so great to be able to walk to all the tax free shopping and be outdoors.

We are close to so many restaurants and our town has lots of choices so it is easy for us to make recommendations! In our suites, housekeeping service does not include dish washing I do apologize that we were not clear with that and the jacuzzi just needed a little squirt of "foam out". This foam happens to any jacuzzi with lots of use.

Thank you so much for the positive review hope that the next time you visit North Conway you stay with us!!! We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Once again green granite has impressed us with their hospitality and superior staffing.They truly go above and beyond to accomodate guests.They especially make families welcome,and what a relief for anxious parents.Even a mother robin is allowed to raise her babies on a beam on one of the patios undisturbed!All the front desk personnel are professional,yet approachable and friendly.Housekeeping staff are meticulous.The maintenance men are very efficient and personable.We all think so much of Brandon especially.The breakfast is comfortable and satisfying.We met Rita who impressed us with her warmth and attention to the guests at breakfast.Our overall stay was just perfect.Thank you Green Granite for a fabulous July get away!!!!!~Nelson and Donielle Stenson

1  Thank dstenson54

Dear Guests,

Thank you for the wonderful review and the very kind words for Brandon and Rita they are SUPERSTARS!!!! It is important that you are comfortable and feel relaxed, after all you are on vacation! Rita always makes sure that her guest and breakfast run smooth and she is a wealth of information with the area attractions. Brandon is a nice young man who cares about what he does at work everyday he takes his job serious and has great customer service! Please visit us again the next time you are in North Conway, New Hampshire.