“Staff and breakfast were great...room, not so much!”

Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here over 10 years ago and I honestly don't remember having a bad experience. However, this time, when we checked in, we noticed several long hairs in the shower. I don't understand how those could have been missed. The room just didn't feel clean. The breakfast offered was great, much better than I had expected. And the staff was wonderful. VERY apologetic about the shower not being clean. Unfortunately, a friendly staff isn't enough to make us stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We had a nice stay. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful! The grounds are kept clean; and it's just a quick ride to Storyland! Breakfast was okay, sausage, eggs or pancakes, etc...

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My family stayed at the Green Granite Inn with 2 other families the weekend of July 30, 2010. It was an awesome. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly. We were in the heart of North Conway. The free breakfast was excellent. Our children love the pools and play area.

We are planning our next trip together in February. The Green Granite Inn website does not do it justice. Take it from us we will be repeat guests.

Thanks
Friends from MA

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This was my second time staying at the Green Granite so obviously I liked it enough to return. North Conway has dozens of hotels and this one isn't the very best but is one of the top 5 for sure. The lobby is so pretty and very cozy. There is a huge fireplace with huge couches to sit on and it would be even nicer in the winter coming back after a day of skiing. The staff was very friendly and the rooms have nice, full bathrooms and comfortable beds. There is also a microwave and mini fridge in every room. There is also a balcony or terrace for every room so people can sit outside and see the beautiful mountains.
There is also a free breakfast that has hot eggs, sausages, cereal, coffee, tea, juice, danishes, beagles and more! This hotel also has two pools. The outdoor pool is great for a hot day and the indoor pool has a beautiful temperature and there is also a hot tub. The fitness center is fine there is also free internet and a computer to use if you don't have your own.
The location of this hotel is also very good. It is located right on the main road and is a 2 minute walk from JCPenny, grocery stores, gas stations and best of all, the famous North Conway shopping outlets. Being this close to American consumerism might pose as a bad atmosphere but on the contrary, the trees scenery provide the feeling that the Green Granite Inn is tucked right between the mountains and nation white forest.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Without a doubt, the Green Granite had to be one of if not the best hotel we have ever stayed at. From the time we walked through the door until we left, we were always greeted with a smile and "how are you?" Rates are very reasonable and great breakfasts are some of the fun.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2010

First let me say I am tolerant of a lot,and I am not a really picky person, however when I pay good money for a hotel room I do expect a good, clean room as was promised to me. Also, I choose this hotel because of the good reviews here. I am now wondering where these people actually stayed! Will be more careful in the future.
The first room we were put in reeked so bad of smoke and a chemical that we had to leave. No one in our party of 4 could stand it. When I went to the desk to complain, they knew inmediately and started checking in the computer for another room. The next room smelled better, however it was DARK (1 of 3 lamps worked), depressing, dinghy, and very outdated. The sheets and blanket on one bed did not look clean, we had to ask for a new top sheet and pillows. Everyone wore flip flops in the room, no one dared to put their feet on the floor. The bathroom was clean, however the sink area is way too small. There is no place to hang a hand towel and no place to put the hand soap. The counter is too small for anything to be placed on it. After we arrived we actually checked out other hotels and all were booked. We were suppose to stay 2 nights, we stayed one, and we did talk about sleeping in the car! The breakfast was OK, nice to have something available, but again not what I thought I would be getting for the money. The only good thing about this hotel is it's location to shopping.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Monkeygirl17
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My friend and I had been checking out some of the local motels and when we saw the Green Granite and how nice the place was we decided to stay. The staff was very friendly and willing to show us around. The room was large, clean and comfortable. It was nice to have a ample porch to sit outside on too. The pool , hot tub and breakfast were a nice bonus. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends