“nice location”

North Conway Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stay for one night last weekend, check-in was ok but the person doesnt look very happy of their job. The room was overall ok but not very clean, we found some peanuts on the floor and 2 chocolate near the bed. Location was good, just beside the outlet and a walking distance of an applebees. The Inside pool was not very clean with a lot of long hair Inside, the one outside looks better. The playground for the kids outside was great. The breakfast at the restaurant was very nice also, nice food selection and good price. (13$ each, kids was free)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went up with a big group of friends and had such a good time. The location was perfect, the staff were friendly and the amenities all hit the spot after a day of skiing. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I give this hotel 4 stars for the front desk services, cleanliness of the facilty, and perks…for housekeeping they wouldn't even get 1 star. This hotel is beautiful and has many little perks that we as a family enjoyed. At check in time, cookies, hot apple cider, and hot chocolate are waiting for you in the lobby, there are many DVD's you can choose from for free to watch in your room, a movie every night, and kids under twelve eat breakfast free!! And the buffet breakfast offered every morning is the BEST I have ever seen!! Unbelievable variety of hot and cold breakfast selections and the service was fantastic. Front desk service was superb, other than Lan, she couldn't get us checked out fast enough…??? Another front desk clerk Miranda was chatting with me about the DVD I was returning and asking how our stay was, but Lan kept interrupting both Miranda and I about what credit card I would be using to check out. Anyway, as mentioned the hotel is gorgeous and we would definately stay again. The indoor pool was clean and the location of the property is so convenient. Now for the housekeeping…when we checked in there were a few candy wrappers strewn about the room and beer cans under the dresser. ????? The coffee pot was DISGUSTING!!!! There was water left inside the pot and the burner was encrusted with coffee stain. On our second day we left our room at 9am and did not return back until 2:30, our room hadn't been touched yet. At this time we put the "do not disturb" sign on our door so our three year old could nap. We left the room again at 5pm and returned at 8:30…room was still untouched. So during our time spent at the hotel we went without any housekeeping service whatsoever. Since we were impressed otherwise with the hotel, I chose not to say anything during check out, plus we were only there for a short time. So…I highly recommend this hotel but I'm hoping next time, we will get a bit more attention from housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackdancer
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I booked a one night stay in mid march for a day of shopping with the wife. Immediately upon check in I was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite from a standard room and for less money!! I was treated well throughout my short visit and loved the outdoor pool and jacuzzi while there were feet of snow on the ground. It was very refreshing. I highly recommend this hotel and can't speak more highly of it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room when you arrive and mention you have AAA
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NHSP212
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here for a ski trip and it served as a warm cozy base. The rooms are not traditional but not coorporate either. They are very comfortable and the juzzacui room was well worth the upgrade. It was in perfect working order and got used a lot!! The breakfast is nice and a good way to start your day. The tea and hot apple cider that is waititng for you when you come home at tea time was also a lovely touch (the small things that make a difference!) I really like the tv room which felt traditional and very welcoming. I would stop here again and reccommend. clean, comfortable, spacious rooms, good location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here this past weekend for a girls getaway night. I booked through priceline and based on trip advisor reviews, requested a 4th floor, mountain view room. When I checked in, we were put on the 2nd floor. I told the girl of my requests and she said they can't guarantee 3rd party reservations. Even though my print out from price line said 'reservation confirmed'. We had checked in early enough that there was an available room on the 4th floor, although we got stuck with a room that overlooked the ac/heating units and delivery trucks at the back of the outlets.
The room was clean enough and the cathedral ceilings made a huge difference in how big the room felt.
One huge disappointment though was, we were enjoying the heated outdoor pool, jaccuzzi tub, and fire pit, when an employee came around and said they were closing it all down in 5 minutes. We looked at our cell phone, it was only 9:30 pm and the signs said the pools closed at 11pm. Sure enough, the wonderful flames of the fire pit went out. I asked the man filling the indoor towel bin why the early close, and he said they have had trouble with people getting drunk.........???? Why ruin it for everyone??? Hire someone to sit out there and monitor the goings on. We were so upset! The indoor pool was loaded with kids and smelled of chlorine, so we went back to our room.
Overall the stay was a fun girls get away, but could have been better if we had been able to enjoy all the hotel says it offers.

Room Tip: 4th floor, mountain view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paspipa
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It's the only hotel we stay in when visiting North Conway, NH. Its steps away from all the busy Outlet Stores. So I can shop while the kids enjoy all the amenities with their Grandfather. Its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family