“Best of Both Worlds”

North Conway Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Having vacationed up in the White Mountains every summer since I was a kid, I have had a lot of experience in the area's hotels, motels, cabins, and vacation home rentals. The North Conway Grand always seemed like a place that I could stay anywhere with no real "rustic" charm I love so much about the mountains. I was finally surprised with a weekend away there for my birthday and boy was I wrong! The sprawling mountains backdrop serve as a constant reminder that you are in a simpler, more relaxing place from whence you came. Immediately after walking into the lobby, you are welcomed with a crackling fire in the hearth and an oversized stuffed moose and bear (literally life sized!). The two pools, small movie theater, arcade, and tavern provide a place for adults and children alike to relax and truly just enjoy being on vacation. Every part of the property works moose, antlers, or other "wilderness" theme into the decor, while providing modern amenities to make your stay comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the frdge, microwave, iPod dock and DVD player coming standard with every room. The North Conway Grand provides all the comfort of home in a rustic and carefree setting.

Some of the equipment (DVD player switch and hairdryer, for example) did not work properly, and we had some issues with the "adult only" hours in the pool not being adhered to, but otherwise, a perfect weekend!

Room Tip: As for a room on the fourth floor away from the elevators. Cuts down on the noise and a great view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in a jacuzzi suit to get away for a night and looking forward to sleeping in. Horrible decision to stay here. First I slipped on ice in the parking lot and all I wanted was to find someone to get a bandaid and there was no one to be found anywhere while I was bleeding everywhere, we drove to rite aid, later I wanted to see if we could get some alieve and we called the front desk and no one answered. All this wolf be fine even though it was during normal business hours but it gets much worse.
We couldn't get the tub to work and we called again the person who answered was very very rude and sent someone up to is only no one came. So we paid for something we couldn't even use and then the last this we were looking forward to was sleeping in and at 5am someone started scratching on the walls I think they were cleaning, again we called down and the guy on the phone apologized and said they'd be done shortly and the scratching that sounded like angry raccoons persisted until 9am when we gave up and got up. Both of us have worked in hotels in out past so we know what can happen when it gets busy and things go wrong but they were at 17% occupancy so there is absolutely no reason for it. The guy at the front desk as we were leaving was very pleasant and have us the managers number to call I left a message and never heard anything back ... What a huge wast of time and money. All of the other staff we came in contact with was rude as well except the bartender.

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank Ktanne2233
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent 2 mid-week days during the middle of May at this hotel. It was our third time in so many years. The rooms are spacious, a good inside pool (they also have outside), friendly service. They are just a door step away from the Settler`s Green Outlet Stores. Their buffet breakfast ($) full or continental is very generous. We tried the full the first morning. It was good. However, the egg benedict were hard. It probably had been there for a while. The hotel staff should be more watchful. Overall, a pleasant stay in a lovely region.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JacquesLD
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very nice place. We chose a room with a jacuzzi which was really nice. The room was pricey and the "continental breakfast" that other places provide free of charge cost my wife and I $35 with the tip. Property very clean and in a nice location.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are nice but pricey.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for a weeks skiing in December on a multi centre.
Lovely hotel, very clean and with lots of facilities.
Fantastic rooms and lovely breakfast included.
Staff very friendly and always willing to answer any questions.
Great location near the shopping outlet and great location for skiing.
Would highly recommend and would quiet happily stay here if we are ever back in this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Came to shop, but spent a lot of time at the pool also.

Great little hotel with an excellent walking distance to the outlet mall.

Has a very nice outdoor pool and play area, ideal for kids from 4-10 years old.

Rooms are dated and mostly clean, ok for me, good 3 stars or so.

Breakfast is not bad, but limited in healthy choices.

Overall location and the pool trump everything else.

Kids play area is brand new. And they has a blast.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank petertherock1971
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I took our two young daughters for three nights stay in late April. It was MA school vacation week. It was our first stay here. The girls loved the heated pools and my wife and I enjoyed that we were right next door to settlers green outlets. The Buffett breakfast was good with the standard hot and cold choices as well as breads and cereals and the kids ate breakfast free each day with a voucher that we received. Rooms were average but clean and staff was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014