“Clean & Comfortable”

North Conway Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As noted by previous reviewers, this hotel is popular for families with young children and is right next to the outlet mall. The front desk was helpful in getting me a room away from all the "action", 4th floor & away from the elevators as pointed out by other reviewers. I was in the area for business and only needed a clean room and a shower, so that part was great. The microwave and mini fridge was a bonus.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise from the many children, the 4th floor & away from the elevators worke...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a hotel for the masses and that said it has plenty of crowds staying there. It is located basically in the parking lot of the adjoining outlet mall, a depressing location considering all the natural beauty and space in NH, but this is exactly the crowd the the hotel is aiming for - outlet shoppers who don't want to even get in their car and drive. It is on par with a Courtyard, Hampton inn or other low end hotel chain. Clean but generic despite a lobby with life size stuffed animals, the rooms and rest of the hotel has basic amenities and not even the breakfast bar that chains offer. I would never return or recommend it, but it serves a purpose for many guests.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OysterLove
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 2 young children. The kids loved the 2 outdoor pools and the playground. The room was nice, with comfortable beds. The only negative was that our room adjoined to another room (people we didn't know) and the doors in between were not very sound proof.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
srnhg, Owner at North Conway Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for being our guests at the North Conway Grand Hotel and writing such a great review. We are pleased to hear that our staff, our amenities, and the hotel itself met/exceeded your expectations.

It is our priority to make sure that all of our guests are happy and have a superior experience at our hotel. If you are having issues with noise or problems with your guest room, such as those you mention, please let our front desk know right away so that your concerns can be addressed immediately.

We hope you will join us again at the North Conway Grand Hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Hotel is a must stay in my opinion. Rooms are big, clean and smell fresh. Everything about this Hotel is top notch. Thanks North Conway Grand and keep up the Great Experiences. The only thing that could be better and it was really a non issue is the menu selection for dinner could offer a little more

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Located in the heart of North Conway, the North Conway Grand Hotel is one of the finest resorts in the White Mountain Region. With oversized guest rooms, family and Jacuzzi suites, many with beautiful pond or mountain views, we can satisfy most vacation needs. All guest rooms feature marble bathrooms, luxurious bath amenities, hairdryer, refrigerator, and microwave, Cable TV with Nintendo, and DVD players with free use of our extensive DVD library. In addition we offer free in-room wireless Internet, CD and MP3 player, safe, and gourmet coffee and tea.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first time at the Grand Hotel. The experience was great. The girls at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the bed very comfortable. They have 3 different pools and at night they have a fire pit going. We had a great dinner and drinks at the bar in the hotel. Bartender was friendly and we had a good time having conversations with him. You can walk to Settlers Green outlet stores which is very helpful. Would love to come back with the entire family so all the grandkids could have fun. They also have a playground next to the pool area. When staying in North Conway this will be the place that we stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable and the grounds are beautiful. The hotel is located within Settlers Green Outlet Village! Walking distance to great outlet stores. The staff was helpful. Upon arrival they could not locate my reservation for 3 rooms. I provided my confirmation page from Priceline and when the hotel called their (the hotels) guest services they told the front desk that I had canceled my reservation. This was found to be a hotel error. They quickly found us three rooms, gave us a better rate and seven complimentary breakfast passes. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and Joe our waiter was very nice and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our family had a total of 4 rooms and they were scattered about the hotel. The hotel seemed to have...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 608lorrainep
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family recently stayed here during the week of the the 4th of July. It is probably one of the most expensive weeks to travel to North Conway and we usually stay at the Fox Ridge, however, we were unable to get a family room this year. I had stayed at the North Conway Grand a long time ago when it was the Four Points Sheraton. I remember it being a decent hotel and right next door to the shopping area so we decided to give it a try even though it was a different owner (which it has been for a long time).

The good stuff

1. Room size - We got a family suite which was a very large multi room area consisting of a small kitchen area with full size fridge, sink and microwave, a dining area and a living room with TV. All of this was in an open area design. The master bedroom was a separte room with a king size bed and a couch with TV. The overall space provided enough room for my family (me, wife and our 7 and 4 year old boys).

2. Pools - The hotel has a nice assortment of indoor and outdoor pools. The indoor pool has a hot tub at one end as does the main outdoor pool. Both were kept at temperatures cool enough for young kids to go into. There is a second small pool for kids that has a bunch of fountains for the kids to play in. We spent most of the time at the outdoor pools.

3. restaurant - we only ate at the restauraunt for breakfast so i can;t comment on dinner but the buffet was excellent both days we went there. We paid for 2 adults and kids ate free. Overall, it saved me about $10 compred to paying for all 4 to eat at Peaches or similar place. The buffet had a huge assortment of food that satisfied everyone.

The bad

1. Check in - I was so pissed at check in that I was about to tell the hotel to..well...I won't say it here but I was pissed. Why? Well, check in is at 4pm and we arrived at 3:15pm. I was hoping to check in early but was told the room wasn;t quite ready and to come back at 4. No problem, I understood. I went back at 4:15 and the room was still not ready. Seriously....this was a Monday evening and somehow the room was not ready yet. To the staff's benefit, they did offer to store our luggage and give us access to the pools but we decided to head to the center of town and do some sightseeing. I finally got a call at 5pm to tell me the room was ready. And hour past check in time. For $280 a night in North Conway, the family suite should be the FIRST room they clean. So they need to improve the cleaning service...more on that next.

2. Room cleanliness - 95% of the room was in very good condition when we checked in. There was a stain on one of the couches and when I went to flip it, I found that the other side was even more stained. But again, no biggie. However, my wife found that all around the bottom of the toilet in the bathroom was dried pee stains. Yup. The cleaning crew apparently didn;t feel it necessary to clean around the toilet. I walked to the front desk and explained to the woman working their that our toilet was rather nasty and could they please make sure the cleaning crew is aware of it and clen it in the morning. The woman was horrified and said she would. Fast forward to our arrival back to the hotel the next day and the pee stains were still there! I called the front desk and complained again but told them I was going to clean it as my wife was really grossed out.

Also, for some strange reason, we had 1 and 1/4 rolls of toilet paper on the main rolls in the bathroom with one extra roll left on top of the toilet. We finished the 1/4 roll but the cleaning people never put the extra roll onto the dispenser when the cleaned the next day. I guess that is our job to do that...

3. Pull out beds - The room is marketed as a family suite but there is only one bedroom. Both couches are pull out couches offering a queen size bed. While OK in theory, if we were trying to have older kids or adults sleep on those beds, there would have been a lot of unhappy people in the morning. The pull out beds have more coils sticking you in the back then they do padding. A little bit on construction in the family room and you can probably make a second bedroom with proper beds (maybe get rid of the dining area??). The king size bed was OK for comfort. typical of most hotels.

4. Bathroom size - Ok...for such a large family suite, this had to be one of the samllest bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel! Bathing kids was difficult due to the limited space in there (and trying to avoid pee stained floors!). Not sure if this is fixable but be prepared for small bathrooms!

Overall, we enjoyed most of our stay here. The above negatives will make us think really hard about booking here again. The large rooms, convienient location and pool areas, while very nice, can quickly become overshadowed by the negatives I mentioned. My wife was almost ready to walk out due to the bathroom issues as that can pose health issues but we decided to focus on the good stuff. Our kids had fun at the pools and arcade, we ate good food and we didn;t have any issues with noise at the hotel. But, at the price this cost me per night, there is a lot of other places we can stay. In fact we made a list of a bunch of places we can try in the future if our normal plans don;t work out.

Room Tip: Family room was at the end of the hotel and was near the pool areas. While it never bothered us, I...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family