“The only place to stay in North Conway, with or without children!”

North Conway Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 13 June 2010

My family and I have been staying at the North Conway Grand Hotel since it opened. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable on the local happenings. Our children also enjoy Virgina & Thomas the wolves, Conway the bear and Leavitt the beaver in the lobby. During the winter months our children look forward to the afternoon cookies and hot chocolate. During the warmer months, they get to enjoy the mushroom pool and playground. I would recommend the North Conway Grand Hotel to all families..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank PineyWoods2010

Reviewed 12 June 2010

This Hotel was everything we had hoped for. We had never been to North Conway before so we checked out the reviews and decided on this hotel and was so glad we did. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, and our room was upgraded at no extra cost. The price was so affordable, for a King Size bed , microwave, fridge, safe, sofa for under $100.00 unbelievable !!!!!! We were there on a weekday, it was very quiet. You can walk to the outlets as they are just a few feet out the door of the front lobby to the left. We will definately be back, had a wonderful time in North Conway.

Reviewed 9 June 2010

We love this hotel! We have stayed here for several years during "leaf-peeper" season in the fall, but this was our first spring/summer visit and we enjoyed it just as much. It's very close to lots of points of interest, including shopping (Settler's Green Outlet is literally steps away), downtown North Conway, North Conway Railway, several ski mountains, attractions, tons of restaurants and more, more, more! The staff at North Conway Grand is always warm and friendly upon arrival, and goodies and cold (or warm, depending on the season) drinks are complimentary in the lobby. The setting is classy but never stuffy, very family-friendly and really comfortable. The rooms are cozy, the beds are SO comfy, and the in-room amenities are exceptional, including a fridge and microwave which is good for us since we like to bring some of our own food, especially breakfast and snacks. We have dined in the hotel restaurant more than once, and have always left happy and satisfied, feeling like we got a very decent meal for the money. The pool is fantastic, the free internet access in the room was a life-saver...I could go on and on. Special requests are handled with finesse and whether you need an extra chair in your room, or directions to Cathedral Ledge, the staff is always friendly and accomodating. We plan to come back again and again!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2010

Ok...Here goes.......OH MY GOD! I don't know what is with some of the bad reviews I have read on this hotel..the people who are writing bad reviews must be CRAZY...but i am so glad that I made my own choice to stay here.....it was WONDERFUL!!! I don't know where to begin......first off, Deb at the desk was friendly and a pleasure.....she even recommended places for dinner for my boyfriend and I to go too (which we were very pleased with! Thank you Deb!!) The hotel was very accommodating ...we were scheduled to check in on a Wednesday but due to a death in the family and having to be home for the wake and funeral on Thursday, we thought we were going to have to cancel our trip all together....but I called a few days before to see if we could arrive earlier.....they changed our reservations with no problem! I had requested a room with a view of the mountains since we were celebrating a birthday and it was also my boyfriends first time in New Hampshire....not only did they give us the view we asked for on the 4th floor but they also upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi in it!! What a great surprise!! The rooms were A+ clean and so was the whole hotel.....I loved the lobby....and we had breakfast brunch in the restaurant, which was great. I can't say a bad thing about this hotel.....and I could go on forever writing about it......now when ever I go to New Hampshire I wouldn't even consider checking on staying anywhere else.....THIS PLACE IS IT!! We even said if we didn't have to get back home we would have asked to book an additional night....we are already talking about going back to see the foliage in the fall.....and I know where we are booking!!! I will recommend this place to all of my family and friends.....really give this place a shot.....it will be well worth it......not to mention right out the front door you are a couple of steps away from all the outlets.....the only thing I missed seeing at the hotel was the fire pit lit.....but i will make sure I see it when I go back!!! AWESOME, AWESOME HOTEL!

1  Thank Darls70
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We go to North Conway 3-4 times a year and we like to stay at the Grand Hotel because we are familiar now with the environment, we are glad to see again the staff very kind. The hotel is clean, and there are two swimming pools a little crowded during the week-end but very quiet in the middle of the week. We also appreciate the nearness of the outlets, we can go shopping on foot. For our family, staying at Grand Hotel is part of our holidays in North Conway.
E.P.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Upon check in our room was ready and so were we.Having saved for weeks for our trip.We do not use credit cards and operate on a cash only basis.This is due to personal financial hardship.My son is 10 and was beyond excited.Then we met the hotel problem child "Joyce",at check in.My husband had actually drove up to the hotel a week earlier and paid cash for our room to hold it for us,a one night stay.We were asked for a credit card.When we explained we did not have one,Joyce rudely announced to all within an 8 mile radius to "TURN OFF EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM".Since we did not have the means to charge anything.We explained that we had no intention of charging anything any way.Needless to say it was humiliating.WE both wanted to walk out.If not for our son and his sad and bewildered face,we would have.A top manager discussed the issue with my husband and was kind ,considerate, and understanding.Our stay turned out a joyful and pleasant experience.The front desk of any Grand Hotel requires staff that are above average,certainly NEVER below average.People may not remember what you do,but they always remember how you make them feel.We again had saved for weeks for the trip and had plenty of cash to spend at the hotel for our short one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Our last two nights of our vacation were spent at this hotel. I knew that it was geared more towards children, and of course, the shopping outlets. But, it appeared to me that the hotel was understaffed, and there were no restrictions for the children. The room was nice, relatively clean, although the shower head situation was a bit confusing. My husband and I did not like it at all, and we are usually pretty easygoing about things. What I really did not appreciate was this---after our first night there, I left the room at 12:30 in the afternoon, and when we came back at 6:30, our room had not been touched. I called the front desk, and they got someone right up there, but that never should happen. We then went downstairs for dinner, and there was a party going on in another room. They were still seating people in the room by the bar, but we barely received any service. We were just done with dinner, and they did not even ask us if we wanted another drink or dessert or coffee, they just left us the check! It seems that the whole hotel was understaffed, or that they were having trouble working a party and taking care of customers at the same time.

The hotel looks great, great location to shopping, the great little town of North Conway, and skiing, but, it needs a lot of internal work.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple